Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Looking forward to a detailed review of music and movies!

Thanks to our FMs who visited me yesterday. There's so much to experiment and learn. Every component we changed, including cables, changed the way how movies and music was delivered.

Frankly, I had an extended Thurs, Fri and Sat - working almost round the clock all days. I wasn't sure if I'll keep my eyes open on Sunday but the session was exciting and eye + ear opener.

I am happy extremely with the speaker purchase. Now to add more power, sub and surrounds.

Sub - SB2000.
Power amp - Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5 Gen 2.
Surrounds - undecided, mostly good bookshelf speakers.

Thank you!

Thanks to our FMs who visited me yesterday. There's so much to experiment and learn. Every component we changed, including cables, changed the way how movies and music was delivered.

Frankly, I had an extended Thurs, Fri and Sat - working almost round the clock all days. I wasn't sure if I'll keep my eyes open on Sunday but the session was exciting and eye + ear opener.

I am happy extremely with the speaker purchase. Now to add more power, sub and surrounds.

Sub - SB2000.
Power amp - Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5 Gen 2.
Surrounds - undecided, mostly good bookshelf speakers.

Thank you!
Shaiju,
you won't go wrong with Emotiva.. The XPA 5 would be great but you can save some money for the sub and stick to XPA 3.

Thanks Shaiju and sorry for late reply.
Yes,it was another great day experimenting with different combos.When we just entered the room,Pulz towers just attracted us.They have good height and looks solid.
Now coming to sound,we played some clips from toshiba BDp and marantz SR6008 was powering them well.Initial impression was good but some what rolled of top ends.The Center ch was much clear and expressive. Dialog clear and felt easy to follow.Detailing were good to.Still something missing in towers.Then we changed the source and used Panasonic BDp and the difference was very clear.The muddiness and Bass boom went off.Some how we could get much better sound.Still high frequencies were rolled off.But overall marantz was driving well.
Now the time came to try different combo.Just for curiosity we added Rotel RB985 after marantz(preout). Run the scene again.My GOD what an improvement!Adding poweramp changed Shaiju's house to multiplex.We felt like sitting in cinema hall.Rotel 100w clearly a winner than 110w marantz.
Tower also opened now and Rotel controlled drivers in much better way.
Superb experience.

Coming to music,again B1 with Rotel was clear winner. Marantz was good but Rotel was better.Only issue in music that you need wide room for the towers.Because of driver assembly (like dipole),center imaging was missing.Rest nothing no complain about.

Finally Pulz are good one but need better power too.Nice eve spend that day.
Thanks Shaiju for the time.

Spiro,
I am thankful that you guys took the time out and efforts to carry your gears. I just had to watch you change gears and hear.

For starters, your visit sealed my confidence in my speaker purchase. Marantz 6008 was a quick buy and does not disappoint. However, the power and delivery that the Rotel provided is praise worthy. It was my first true audition of power amp.

I am more of a novice when it comes to audio experimentation. However, what I heard was truly an experience so much that I am hunting for good power amps.

I am proud of the cinematic sound that Pulz can deliver and deserves a partner higher than the SR6008.

Btw, it's time you had a better source than Yamaha BDP. Mine is a Panasonic DMP220.

I inquired about SVS subs but their mid range models are between 60,000 and 70,000. It will be my first sub so will take it slowly and settle for good 40,000 sub.

Spiro,
I am thankful that you guys took the time out and efforts to carry your gears. I just had to watch you change gears and hear.

For starters, your visit sealed my confidence in my speaker purchase. Marantz 6008 was a quick buy and does not disappoint. However, the power and delivery that the Rotel provided is praise worthy. It was my first true audition of power amp.

I am more of a novice when it comes to audio experimentation. However, what I heard was truly an experience so much that I am hunting for good power amps.

I am proud of the cinematic sound that Pulz can deliver and deserves a partner higher than the SR6008.

Btw, it's time you had a better source than Yamaha BDP. Mine is a Panasonic DMP220.

I inquired about SVS subs but their mid range models are between 60,000 and 70,000. It will be my first sub so will take it slowly and settle for good 40,000 sub.

Hey Bro

Really happy for you.
You and spiro has already summarised very well.

Even audyssey made a good enjoyable difference.

Rotel power amp was a real eye opener.

Speakers are really nice for HT application. VFM i can say.

Add a decent surround sub and power amp if budget permits you need not go to theatres anymore.

Icing on the cake was the plasma. Almighty 64" Sammy. Truly one of the best plasma made ever.

Congrats !!

Having heard a SB13Ultra extensively, I can vouch for the sound of an SVS. I suggest you save up cause its a matter of 20k more and you get a far superior product at the price point.

Thanks Sandeep.

For sub it is between Rythmik and SVS.
Any recommendations on surrounds? I was looking at bookshelf speakers.
Any suggestions? Budget is 18,000- 22,000.

Having heard a SB13Ultra extensively, I can vouch for the sound of an SVS. I suggest you save up cause its a matter of 20k more and you get a far superior product at the price point.

PB13 Ultra is 20k more than 70K?? :eek: :D
Can I know where you got this quote?

My setup
Sonodyne v2605 v1 ,
Sonodyne c501 center ,
Nad 3030 ( Got this from my local scrap dealer for 1k , didnt bother if it was working or not , got it home and guess what , its working :yahoo: ) But unfortunately due to its age and looks the women of the house doesnt allow it on tv unit and i have to keep it hidden in one of the drawers .
Denon 2113 ( Not in Pic ) currently with my cousin for his function .
Samsung 3d blu ray player e5500
Videocon 55' 3D led TV
Logitech Rear speakers
Subwoofer : Yet to buy , need advice on make and its placement .

Tv unit designed and custom built by me !!

URL=http://www.imagesocket.com/photos/guest/2706032]
2706032-8kcu.jpg
[/URL]

So my question , can i place the subwoofer ( when i buy one ) behind the TV unit ? Please advise

Last edited:
From the above setup, it seems there is big open dinning place and kitchen behind the setup. Does it create some sort of problems in terms of sound/ audio quality as the entire place is open?

From the above setup, it seems there is big open dinning place and kitchen behind the setup. Does it create some sort of problems in terms of sound/ audio quality as the entire place is open?
I will ask the same as impact and some details may get lost in air.Also sound may not be up to the speaker capabilities.

Yes the open space behind does make a difference specially with the lows but not to a great extent. I used the same setup before my house renovation where they were placed normally. I believe that the listeners sitting position is equally important along with speaker placement, in my case it is just in the middle, front of the speakers.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back