Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

@ noble - where you got the stands? was it tanotis? looks like you have tied the speaker from accidentally falling off, what material you used to tie it ?

@ noble - where you got the stands? was it tanotis? looks like you have tied the speaker from accidentally falling off, what material you used to tie it ?

Hi Murlidher,

Yes, Those stands are Tanotis, and for retention strap is -- a scooter tube! - got it from a nearby Tyre puncher repair shop and cut into 1inch width and it fits neatly :)

My original idea was to use Blutac and velcro; but couldn't locate one in nearby shops. Now this alternative method works just fine.. :yahoo:

For adding a bit more weight; I've added a 7"x7" metal plate ( inch thick) to the bottom of the stand; drilled a hole in the plate and placed it in-between stand bottom and stand stem; tightened with the same screw from bottom.

Last edited:
Lovely setup. I dont know why but I feel the viewing distance is too close. May be it is the angle of pic.
My opinion is that the viewing distance is probably right. For the experience to be enveloping, the screen must fill your area of vision - otherwise you are not "immersed" in the movie. I have seen this used to great effect in demo rooms - ones with plasma tvs of 55 inch or so have a viewing distance of about 5-6 feet which gives the same effect as in a theater. i, of course watch a 120" screen from a distance of 12 feet which is really immersive.

My HT Setup:

7.1 Surround with AVR ONKYO TX-NR 828 + 2.0 Stereophonic with Integrated Amp: JVC AX-V8

Attachments

• GT HT System 001.pdf
    221.9 KB · Views: 436
  • GT HT System 002.pdf
    212.6 KB · Views: 327
  • GT HT System 003.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 325
from the picture it looks you are using front heights. should you not keep them higher. From the pic it looks as if you have placed just on top of the front speakers ?

By the way, what are the equipment piled up at the left just left to audio cassettes...?

from the picture it looks you are using front heights. should you not keep them higher. From the pic it looks as if you have placed just on top of the front speakers ?

By the way, what are the equipment piled up at the left just left to audio cassettes...?

Hi,

The Bose 201 are connected to an Integrated amplifier the JVC AX-V8 which is part of my old prologic surround system which is piled up on the left side :). I am using that as a stereo amp for playing music.

Yes the Bose is placed on top of the Fronts due to space constraints. The Bose is not connected to the HT system ( with the ONKYO TX-NR828).

I initially set up the Front Heights using First the Bose 201 and then the JBL LX 10 (small Full Range) but was not impressed with the results. I now use a pair of old Infinity Alpha 20 speakers as wides and found the surround experience awesome. Audyssey DSX has got it right.

Tks for your comments

Last edited:
My hifi setup.
daxebbS.jpg

You are using Marantz PM 500* or 600*, but is your Marantz able to drive your huge floor-standing speakers? Can't make out what is on the top of the amp, is it a power or pre amp? I must say, your set-up looks awesome. [emoji106]

Looks like a turntable... but you are right, looks very good.

Hi All, This is a great thread and gives very good practical idea to newbies like me on how to setup HT. One question I saw the pictures and found that the sub-woofer is always kept on floor. But I have kept it on a plastic table about 1 feet height to protect it from spillage or dust on floor. I am also planning to make a custom wooden table for it. Please suggest what is ideal height to place sub-woofer?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back