Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi All, This is a great thread and gives very good practical idea to newbies like me on how to setup HT. One question I saw the pictures and found that the sub-woofer is always kept on floor. But I have kept it on a plastic table about 1 feet height to protect it from spillage or dust on floor. I am also planning to make a custom wooden table for it. Please suggest what is ideal height to place sub-woofer?

On the floor is the best place.

Sound reflects, always. So it is always better to play around with placement and see what works best.

Typically, corner of the room with walls on 2 sides works best for me for the home theater. For music, under a table has given better results especially for low end trance music.

Best is what works for you, move it around and leave it for a few hours and see if the sound improves. Play it by ear!

Here is my setup:

Source: cubox i4pro (hidden behind the router), two in number. One for music and other with Openelec primary for video

DAC: Bifrost Uber with USB

Amplifier stereo: Marantz PM 7004

Amplifier AV receiver: Denon 2308

Speakers: MA BX5

television: Sony Bravia 42w850

Others: Synology DS215J, APC ups, various remote apps (ipeng, squeezecommander)

I like the convenience of NAS and cubox based playback. And Openelec performance is also very good.
ca885389d2bbb8c0f2a413d29d8b5142.jpg

Here is my setup:

Source: cubox i4pro (hidden behind the router), two in number. One for music and other with Openelec primary for video

DAC: Bifrost Uber with USB

Amplifier stereo: Marantz PM 7004

Amplifier AV receiver: Denon 2308

Speakers: MA BX5

television: Sony Bravia 42w850

Others: Synology DS215J, APC ups, various remote apps (ipeng, squeezecommander)

I like the convenience of NAS and cubox based playback. And Openelec performance is also very good.
ca885389d2bbb8c0f2a413d29d8b5142.jpg

One quick point, the AVR seems to have no breathing space. Why not move it to the shelf above it for air circulation?

Here is mine.

But the tape deck is removed whenever I use it. The room you see is one of the most cramped rooms that I have ever used for this HT.

Last edited:
In my opinion, at best, u need a subwoofer isolation platform! It's simple, look it up! You can do it yourself at home. With something like 2" of compressed foam with 3/4" mdf board on to of it!

You are using Marantz PM 500* or 600*, but is your Marantz able to drive your huge floor-standing speakers? Can't make out what is on the top of the amp, is it a power or pre amp? I must say, your set-up looks awesome. [emoji106]

Hey thanks, Im using the Marantz PM6005 and it is able to drive my floor standing speakers quite easily. The volume knob has never needed to go past even half of the max volume and the clarity is great. My Rega turntable is on top of my amp. I don't use a separate pre amp and connect the turntable directly into the phono input on my Marantz.

I will upload the pictures later, but here is a brief overview of my system:

Denon AVR-X7200W
Oppo BDP-103
Airtel Digital TV
Monster Power HTS 1000 MKIII Home Theatre Reference PowerCenter
Sony Playstation 3
Apple TV 4th generation
Panasonic PT-AE4000
Sony KDL-42W700B
DA-LITE Audio Vision
Jamo D 9PEX
Monster Gold Standard Speaker Cable (F)
Monster XP Navaho White Compact Speaker Cable

My HT setup.......

Yamaha rx-a1030
Emotiva XPA-3
Dynaudio DM 2/6
Dynaudio DM center
Monitor Audio silver RXFX-di-pole/bi-pole
SVS PB2000
Heybrook 10" sub
LG LED 3D 42" TV
LG BP420 BDP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 640
Can't even call it work in progress cause I just shifted to this side of the room! Long way to go....... setting it up. Shd get lots of ideas seeing some excellent work done by people in this forum??

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back