Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Anil kumar

Well it's about time to show us what you got!. Showcase your gear here!!!

I thought it's a good idea to start this thread so everyone can show off some of their wonderful audio gear here. Anything is fair game.

Please upload your pictures through imageshack or photobucket so there is less strain on our server.

ImageShack® - Image Hosting

OR

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

If you have any problem in uplaoding images, please follow this tutorial http://www.hifivision.com/announcements/1091-how-post-image-hifivision-com.html#post7278

Anil

Graphics1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Show us what you have!......

workinprogress_living35.jpg

Okay, let me start

I was living in an apartment since dec 2004 (please check Openplan living room thread, 3rd in google ranking. lol), but decided to move to a house due to space constraints. Now I've more space to play around with my hobbies.

How i achieved this
I'll update the kit list & finished pics here, but keep the work in progress in my DIY threads here and here. There are some detailed info related to following (gathered from several threads and members):-

a. Patch panel wiring,
b. Voice and data on CAT5E
c. Satellite signal distribution [yet to update]
d. Cheap 12v electric screen trigger

Living room

Panasonic 42PX600 plasma
Infocus 5700 PJ
Owl Electric Screen
Toshiba HD-EP HD DVD Player
SKY HD
PS3
ONkyo SR875 AV Receiver
BFD FBQ2496 Eq
SlingBox
Squeezebox 3
Nintendo Wii
M&K Xenon 36 sound stage
M&K Xenon 26 tripole surrounds
SVS PC+25-31 on auralex gramma risers
SVS PB13 on auralex gramma risers
HD HTPC [1 TB] inside Zalman HD135 cabinet

Bedroom 1

Dell9200 PC
Logitech X230 speakers (no shame! it's good)
Roku soundbridge

Bedroom 2

Panasonic 32LMD70 LCD telly
SKY+
Technomate satellite receiver [feed from hotbird]
PS3
Roku M1000 & AE Aego M 2.1

Bedroom 3

Toshiba 23inch LCD
Squeezebox 3
AE Aego M 2.1 Speakers

Office (where my wife lives :)) room

Squeezebox 3
AE Aego M 2.1 Speakers

Kitchen
Roku M1000
AE Aego M 2.1 Speakers

Wiring Hub
Wireless router
Gigabit switch
Kurobox HG 400GB NAS with slimserver running (exposed to internet)
(another) Kurobox HG 400GB NAS as file server --> may sell this soon and get Qnap TS-201/209 x 2

Other electric & energy saving bits

Nothing great, taken the route of X10 due to budget constraints. I use appliance module for switching Energy efficient downlights controlled via harmony 685 remote, Subwoofers, 12v suppy for PJ, hidden EE / LED lighting controlled via RF remote.

Automation bits

SKY HD box can be controlled via slingbox. I've sling client installed on my mobile mainly use to schedule & record programs, never miss my fav. program. A camera is plugged into slingbox but not got a chance to set it up for remote viewing

Multiroom audio is achived with Squeezeboxes. Slimserver is exposed to internet, so I can control the playlists of any squeezebox via web interface.

update2-1.jpg

update3.jpg

and finally a youtube video of subwoofer, playing bassotronics track

YouTube - SVS PB13 : Bassotronics

Last edited:

Hi,

Bravo Sunil !! Simply fantastic !! I can only dream of such house :p !!

So where you been mate ?? no messages atall !!

Regards.

Making Of The HT Accessories

? Glass-wool (2? to 4? thick) for soundproofing and acoustic solutions
? Armstrong Acoustic Tiles (for ceiling)
? Plywood with varied sized holes (diameter corresponding to diameter of speakers drivers)
? Brown-leather Lazyboy Recliner
? Wall-to-wall of 1/2? Red Carpet on half a inch thermocal
? Mini-Refrigerator
? DVD Rack
? Floor Lights
? Ferrari Projection Watch

There are also in-direct lights and than there are Hanging lights, they are like fan blades, throwing light upwards rather than downwards, illuminating the room diffusively rather than directly. Just like the theatres.

Components

? 5.1 Speaker System by Monitor Audio
? Denon AVR-3805
? Denon DVD-1920 Player
? 82? Dalite Projector Screen (Motor Operated) (4:3 format)
? DNP??s 72? High-Contrast SuperNova projection screen (16:9 format)
? Hitachi Hi-Def PJ-TX200 Projector
? Bose Wave Music System With Multi-CD Changer
? Logitech Universal Remote Control With Lcd Screen
? Inverter

Pic time

scan0009.jpg

12d1194061220-different-type-sta-1.jpg
20d1194061780-movie-watching-room-n.jpg

Around a dozen more pictures are there in blogs of this hifivision site.

Last edited:

Hi...here goes!
Guys am terrible with computers and related and had a tough time uploading these pics.
The Bryston BP 6 preamp on top shelf of the rack,Denon TU 1800 tuner,Nakamichi DR 10 tape deck, Cyrus cd6s cdp and Bryston 3BSST/4BST on the lowest shelf.The speakers are the B&W 805s and the stands are a chinese replica of the B&W FS 700. Thankfully u cant see the poor finish of the rack.( my first and last attempt at carpentry) The speaker cables currently are an old Kimber 8TC and the ICS are Transparent Music Link Plus. The IC for the cd to pre is an Audio Note copper.Power cords are Supra Lo Rad 1.5 and 2.5 and a PS Audio for the power amp.

Sunil, ur set up and house is just fabulous.Actually i didnt delete the pics but the good work was done by the moderator as the damn pics were gigantic!

Best Regards

mysetup001pr7.jpg

mysetup002py2.jpg

mysetup003lp2.jpg

mysetup004fd5.jpg

Continued at http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-show-us-what-you-have-2.html#post8402

Last edited:

Hi...here goes!
Guys am terrible with computers and related and had a tough time uploading these pics.
Hifivision really sorry for these huge pics and i guess the space it occupies.

Please use an online image compressor like Resize Images online or Pegasus Imaging Online JPEG Compression Wizard to reduce the size of the image and then follow the tutorial at http://www.hifivision.com/announcements/1091-how-post-image-hifivision-com.html

If you find it difficult please email the image to me and I will take care of it.

Dinyaar, some serious speakers there :), please post that pics you removed. love to see it. EDIT: Dinyaar! that's tinyyyyy!

I'd love to see the speakers, with covers off!!

Hi...here goes!
Hifivision really sorry for these huge pics and i guess the space it occupies.

Sreekanth: I was away with work related stuffs, that kept me away from forums :(

Vinay, not sure how many times I said, all i can say again Simply stunning

thanks to anil & hifivision (sorry don't know real name) for the initiative to open this thread & making this sticky

Another batch of pics

upload1.jpg

Last edited:

Rear View of the room
DSC01622.jpg

Left side (from seating position)
DSC01628.jpg

Front screen side(from seating position)
DSC01624.jpg

Right side(from seating position)
DSC01623.jpg

Equipment Rack:-
DSC01620.jpg

Emotiva Power Amplifier(175w per channel @6 ohms) :-
DSC07151.jpg

Projector Panny AE2000E :-
DSC01619.jpg

Panasonic AE2000E (Full HD 1080P):
DSC01632.jpg

comments, advice most welcome..
satish

Satish,

It is nice to see the pictures again.

The picture of the Right side(from seating position), there is a major problem. The way i have used the glass wool, the holes, and ply woods, it has been copied near about the same way, but it is not at it's perfection, you can clearly see the plywood holes, which looks bad, i had the same problem, so what i did is made the fabric double, so now in my case the ply holes are near to zero visibility, no wonder it took so long for me to make my theatre because i wanted to be as good as possibile in making the theatre, i was adviced that there is no way to hide the ply holes, it took time, but i found the way out as said.

I suggest please consider to do something about this problem.

Last edited:

Hi,

Vinay everybody has already said so much bout your set-up,it leaves me very less to talk but none the less very impressive congrats.

Dinyaar Please do post bigger images as we would love to see it in detail !

Now coming to mine ! was bit tied up so couldn't do it earlier,Sorry Anil !

Here the pics.
The Towers ofcourse all of you know ( Well I do hope so!))

P1020302.JPG

This is my ever faithfull Sony DVD/CDP,Samsung Universal Player, Panasonic CDP with MASH (Multi Stage Noise Shaping) and Dish TV's STB

P1020820.JPG

Rest of the pics in my next post (couldn't take good snaps)

Regards.

Last edited:

Soundsgreat, frankly speaking, i used to always wonder why you have not said anything about my mini theatre, but there you are, thank you very much.

I have been wrong at some places, as pointed out by some leading members, and even i too realized it, will be more carefull next time, if i had come across you people at the forum while making the theatre, it could have come out more better.

Thank you very much.

Nice DIY speakers, i definately plan on DIY speakers for my next upgrade. You get so much more for your money with some efforts.

Are there good drivers avaiable in India? Cabinets are available premade or did you build one ?

In your second pic you have a picture Siva Dance Festival 2008.
Can you tell me what this event is about ....

thanks
satish

Hi,

Vinay everybody has already said so much bout your set-up,it leaves me very less to talk but none the less very impressive congrats.

Dinyaar Please do post bigger images as it we would love to see it detail !

Now coming to mine ! was bit tied up so couldn't do it earlier,Sorry Anil !

Here the pics.

pics in my next post (couldn't take good snaps)

Regards.

Last edited:

Hi,

Vinay as I already said so many people had already commented that led me with no choice for words !! anyway please don't mind ! thats why the moment I got the chance I did it here ! Yes may we could've had some impact,But having said that I also say its better that you did it all alone and now getting the fruits of it !!

Audiodelic the drivers are custom made one's (specifically for my design),otherwise there's the usual vifa,peerless and other brands available! The cabinets are also custom made, there's nothing in the entire project that's not indian and ready made component except for the final finish ( I used imported film which is pre-glued) ! Please do read my DIY speaker thread (link in my Signature) for more details and ask any questions related it there as it would b e more appropriate ( hope you don't mind ;) )

As with the Siva thing,My brother ( Masters degree in Dance Gold Medalist) and sister are both classical dancers ! so its one of the many memento's that they've got for performing !

Regards.

It's good to see lots of pictures here......i shall post mine on monday.

suniil: classic interiors & wonderful collection, i cannot dream of

audiodelic: excellent setup.

vinay: excellent lighting & great setup

dinyaar: please post big pictures

Sreekanth: I like your towers, sounds great & beautifully crafted. BTW where is your amp pic?

More pictures folks........

Regards,
Anil

Last edited:

Hi,

Monday Hmm !

Anil Its not fair dear you forgot my name again :( !

Here's Amp (for stereo),its a NAD 6 channel Block for movie use or bi-amp or tri-amp for music use !! and the beautiful Sony AVR !Look at the remote guys :cool:

Amp.jpg

P1020842.JPG

Hi Guys,
Here are a few more pics. The moderator was kind enough to resize and upload them for me.Sunil i have removed the grills for u to check them out!!!! Anil/soundsgreat i hope these are big enough!!! Haha actually i have never taken pictures of audio gear but i guess it looks pretty cool. Now i regret not having pics of my old gear.
Best regards

mysetup005kq5.jpg

mysetup006gi6.jpg

mysetup007xv9.jpg

mysetup008hf9.jpg

Last edited:

Hi Dinyaar,

Setup looks great and I'm sure it sounds good too. However, I feel you have the speakers too close to the rear wall. Is this due to space constraints? If you can move the speakers out, you should hear a vast improvement in the depth and LF. Try moving them out by 1/3 of the room width and post your findings. (ie: if you room width is 10 feet, your woofer should be 3' from the rear wall).

Also toe the speakers in such that if you were to draw a straight line from the tweeters, the line would converge about 3' behind your listening position.

Cardas recommends:
The distance from the center of the woofer face to the side walls:
Room Width times .276 (RW x .276)

The distance from the center of the woofer face to the wall behind the speaker: Room Width times .447 (RW x .447)

awesome dinyaar, I'm sure you have a seating position in sweetspot, though you have not shown in pic.

Sunil i have removed the grills for u to check them out!!!!

Sreekanth: no pointing in praising you more as you have already shown your multitalented skills in different threads. I'll definitely need your (professional) help for next project in chennai / mahabalipuram IT Corridor

audiodelic: that's a lot of kit, considering your age. IIRC, your setup is in US / Canada? meet me in AVSF, mainy subwoofer section if you are around. I wonder, why you have a tourch on AV rack :rolleyes:

awesome dinyaar, I'm sure you have a seating position in sweetspot, though you have not shown in pic.

Sreekanth: no pointing in praising you more as you have already shown your multitalented skills in different threads. I'll definitely need your (professional) help for next project in chennai / mahabalipuram IT Corridor

audiodelic: that's a lot of kit, considering your age. IIRC, your setup is in US / Canada? meet me in AVSF, mainy subwoofer section if you are around. I wonder, why you have a tourch on AV rack :rolleyes:

Dinyaar:
Sweet Amplifier .... How much did you pay for the bryston?

Sunil:
I'm a student at the university of Windsor,Canada so im here 3/4th time of the year.(Here i try to stay content wit my Computer Klipsch Promedia Setup). AVS is definitely the best HT forum online i am a member but i frequent audioholics more.

The HT is in my house in Hyderabad India where i live. The torch is there since it was used when everything was being connected, there isn't enough light behind the rack.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back