Shure M44-7 or ortofone 2M red

Yes the regular Jico stylus the lumino which glows in the dark like a lightening bug, comes in pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i believe the lumino is a conical dj stylus (M44-7 clone, not the elliptical)

I have a white N44-7 generic i bought from the UK, which i think is also a jico, it sounds different from the stock M44-7, closer to the elliptical, and with lesser output

btw, don't buy anything from ed saunders - they're all crap

i believe the lumino is a conical dj stylus (M44-7 clone, not the elliptical)

I have a white N44-7 generic i bought from the UK, which i think is also a jico, it sounds different from the stock M44-7, closer to the elliptical, and with lesser output

btw, don't buy anything from ed saunders - they're all crap

greenhorn, could you please give the link regarding the white N44-7? How much did you pay? Thanks.

greenhorn, could you please give the link regarding the white N44-7? How much did you pay? Thanks.

Stylus for SHURE M44-7 N44-7 M44G M44MA/MB DUAL DN305 needle Turntable Parts | eBay

this one, though I am not sure if its because of the difference in stylus or the ultra light mag headshell i use with that particular M44 cart & stylus combo.

I bought this because it was the cheapest n44 stylus available in the UK
in the meanwhile, i think this is the same thing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-N44-7...931755?hash=item4d425de5eb:g:o3gAAOSwJSJXGZxM

Stylus for SHURE M44-7 N44-7 M44G M44MA/MB DUAL DN305 needle Turntable Parts | eBay

this one, though I am not sure if its because of the difference in stylus or the ultra light mag headshell i use with that particular M44 cart & stylus combo.

I bought this because it was the cheapest n44 stylus available in the UK
in the meanwhile, i think this is the same thing
Shure N44-7 generic stylus (for Shure M44-7 cartridge) | eBay

greenhorn, thanks for the link. But in the sellers description, it is said that the tip is conical and not elliptical one. Did you say in the sense of: "Though it's conical, it's closer to the elliptical"? And the seller is from Korea and not belongs to the UK.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Did you say in the sense of: "Though it's conical, it's closer to the elliptical"?
Yup
greenhorn, thanks for the link. But in the sellers description, it is said that the tip is conical and not elliptical one.And the seller is from Korea and not belongs to the UK.
Thanks.
the first link is the white cheap conical i bought from uk. the second is what i believe is the same stylus from the korean seller. have posted links to his elliptical styli in post #17 in this thread - he's the cheapest option, and I've bought from him before - both in the UK & india. I bought up the conical in the context of the lumino stylus

Sourav, is your JICO M44-7 SAS? What are the sound qualities between regular stylus of JICO and JICO SAS?.

Sorry for the late revert Sundar. JICO for my M 44-7 is not a SAS, it's the general one. SAS stylus is less forgiving to the average records. It works excellent with good condition records however behaves horrible with average records. As I listen to bollywood and bangla oldies and my collection has started growing since last few years, the condition is not upto the mark of SAS.

M 44-7 is a work horse and supports daily needs. I must say SAS sounds superb on good records. My next buy from JICO would be SAS for M 97Xe and V15type III. These will be used to listen the NM records only.

Please shoot your questions if any.

Sourav

I went and bought a nagaoka mp-110 from the US. Let's see how she sounds in a months time when I install on my MK5.

Sorry for the late revert Sundar. JICO for my M 44-7 is not a SAS, it's the general one. SAS stylus is less forgiving to the average records. It works excellent with good condition records however behaves horrible with average records. As I listen to bollywood and bangla oldies and my collection has started growing since last few years, the condition is not upto the mark of SAS.

M 44-7 is a work horse and supports daily needs. I must say SAS sounds superb on good records. My next buy from JICO would be SAS for M 97Xe and V15type III. These will be used to listen the NM records only.

Please shoot your questions if any.

Sourav

Sourav, thank you for the information. Like you, I'm mainly looking for carts suitable to classic Bollywood records. Yes, average condition records tend to reveal their weakness. What's about Shure M55? Didn't you try? It's said that M55 is mellower than the M44-7. But, is it possible to fit the M55 into the M44-7 cart? If M55 is the right cart then which version of M55 will be aptly suitable to Old time Bollywood songs?
Thanks.
Sunder.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back