Silicon stick fix mould like Sugru

killerpayne

I am not sure if this is the right forum section so please forgive me.
I am looking for a quick stick fix moldable silicon based paste to fix a broken nozzle of an iem.I need something like SUGRU.

Does anyone know any Indian substitute readily available locally ?

FIX THAT THING | Sugru

Please let me know.Thanks.

Araldite will do
araldite_B.jpg

Its a resin based glue, sets very slow like 2-3 hours ,you can align nicely

Araldite sets fully in 24 hrs. But you do get ( or did !) Araldite Rapid. Not many people stock that. That sets much faster. You can Google it or look on ebay.in .
But you want something plastic in nature that can be moulded . Right ?
What about the plasticky stuff used for plumbing. It sets hard. I forget what it's called. Ask any hardware shop. It's a two part thing you need to knead well. But it comes as a single chunk.

There is Blu Tack also.Plasticky but it doesn't set and it's removable. Non oily etc. Was available from the bookshop Landmark but eventually available at many other places. Many stationers have it or it's equivalent. People use it to stick up posters to walls etc. It doesn't stain and is removable.

Last edited:
Sugru sets soft, like silicon. I think it remains unique.

Araldite and other similar epoxies set hard, rock hard.

What about the plasticky stuff used for plumbing. It sets hard. I forget what it's called.

M-seal? Another 2-part epoxy, like araldyte, but comes in the form a of a putty, which is mixed with the fingers. This texture makes it much more useful for repairs which need gaps or holes filled up. Wonderful stuff when you need it.

Sugru ships to India, I've bought and used a packet of it. It's expensive, and it has a limited shelf-life (put in the fridge to extend) so save up until you have a list of things to use it for and finish it in reasonable time.

Other possibles... superglue, for close-fitting parts; rubber cement, gives a flexible repair (used on shoe soles!).

I have a boxful of glues, some unopened, but the one I use the most is fevibond rubber adhesive. Available from a shop not many steps from you!

Last edited:
The poor OP. He got everything but the answer to his Q. :)
Let me attempt this: Short answer - No!

Last edited:
I am looking for a quick stick fix moldable silicon based paste to fix a broken nozzle of an iem.

Araldite rapid was okay but I prefer the standard version. I think cyanoacrylate will suit your need. It's a super glue but sticks stronger than normal super glue (IMO). It should be handled with care.

I tried to pierce the nozzle with a pin and maybe due to inbuilt pressure, the glue sprayed out missing my eyes. It was pretty hard getting it off of my hands and nails.

Guys thanks a lot for all the inputs.Let me tell you what I want to do so that you can better assist me :-

qwfregeg.jpg

I don't want to use any thing which requires considerable amount of heat to work, as the iem drivers are in close proximity.

I need to seal the nozzle so that I can insert a filter.A cellotape will work but will be a temporary fix.Can I use m-seal for this ?

Ahh... so it's the inner nozzle, not the soft part that contacts the ear.

Yes, I think you could use M-Seal. The Biggest problem with mending or building up plastic stuff is that some plastics just don't take to a lot of sticky things.

M-seal is cheap (Rs.15 for 50gr) and easy to get. Only your time will be wasted if it won't stick at all, or falls off after setting.

Trickiest bit will be the setting up: how will you keep the nozzle tube open and the right size? maybe a piece of sellotape stuck to the inside, supported by a twist of cotton wool?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back