Six Space PA 5 speakers one Norge 2060 amplifier,is it possible?

lijoejose

Hey guys....I am new to amplifiers and hence need your advise. I am opening up a restaurant and for that I am planning to use Norge 2060 amplifier Norge Audio with Space PA-5 speakers (6 speakers, 3 each channel) Product11. Now will this configuration work? This will mainly be used for background music and ocassionally for loud music. I am also looking out for multi zone amplifiers and the Norge 2060 has 2 zones which will come handy to me. The Norge has an output of 80w+80w RMS and the speakers power handling capacity is 60w RMS/channel at 4ohms. Do you think this is a good combination or should I upgrade to a Norge Gold 1000? 1000 isnot multi zone. Can I connect something to make it multi zone? Please advise as I am totally confused. My budget is around 35k to 40k.

I am not very sure if your plan will work. Its best if you email Norge & ask them about this.

A more sure shot way is to consider the Pro Fx -Advanced Audio Solution. They have the right equipment for such use. Do check their website.

A good place to hear a Pro Fx installation is Windsor Pub in Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore.

Thank you Sandeep for your reply. My audio dealer says that I need the Norge gold concerto 1000. The only problem is that it does not have multizone facility. My audio dealer said that I will have to fix a device which will give me the multi zone option along with the amplifier. I dont want to completely rely on the dealer for this. I am located in Mumbai. And my budget for the entire speaker and amplifier package is around 35k to 40k. What do you suggest? Thank you again.

Hai Jose,

You can certainly connect this speakers to NORGE 2060, 2 pairs each with A & B output of the amp.Alternatively

Why dont you try with Ahuja PA Amps, they can be connected with many speakers with line matching transformers. Try their website for more info.

N Murali.

Last edited:
Hey Murali thank you for the suggesion. My wiring is ready. Ahuja amplifiers are serial amplifiers and my wiring is parallel. Was not aware of Ahuja before I got my wiring done. So have to stick to the parallel configuration. My audio dealer says that 6 speakers with Norge 1000 will work fine. How is DNM? It has its office in Mumbai. I am planning to visit Norge this week to get a better idea. But I would love to know what you all have to say about it as I believe practical is better than theory and everybody including my audio dealer is giving me theory. The guys on this forum have done it and thats what they are talking about. Hence your inputs matter. Thank you again.

Hey Murali thank you for the suggesion. My wiring is ready. Ahuja amplifiers are serial amplifiers and my wiring is parallel. Was not aware of Ahuja before I got my wiring done. So have to stick to the parallel configuration. My audio dealer says that 6 speakers with Norge 1000 will work fine. How is DNM? It has its office in Mumbai. I am planning to visit Norge this week to get a better idea. But I would love to know what you all have to say about it as I believe practical is better than theory and everybody including my audio dealer is giving me theory. The guys on this forum have done it and thats what they are talking about. Hence your inputs matter. Thank you again.

i think it's not a big deal to convert a parallel wiring into a series wiring. lets say that you have 3 speakers and all have a red wire connected to positive and a black wire connected to negative. so each speaker box has 1 dual wire comimg out.
Now red from speaker 1 goes to amp+ve >>. the ends of the black wire from speaker 1 can be connected with red of the sepeaker2 (use simple insulation tape after twisting the ends together). the black from the speaker 2 connects to the red wire of speaker3 and black wire from speaker 3 is connected to -ve terminal of amp. so it is quite possible to connect 3 spekars in series if you have wire terminals of all 3 speakers together. all you need is an insulation tape.

connecting 3 speakers in parallel will put enormous load on amp.

i hope i have not confused you.

I won't use a Norge for such applications. Their products are not designed for such use.

DNM should be a better bet as they have products for such use & are very affordable.

Sonodyne is not expensive.

Pro Fx might be a wee bit expensive but the stuff they sell is of good quality

Well generally for the channel music system speaker connection can be done in two methods .....

1. Impedance matching method.
2. Using LMT's (Line Matching Transformers)

The first method needs a lot of care in calculation and more complex. (No. of speakers + Nominal Impedance of the speakers + Output impedance range of the amplifier + Output wattage of the amplifier + Wiring pattern) Most of the times you have to use a Parallel+Serial combo connection method to get the correct impedance matching between the amplifier and the speakers. If this is not done properly there are possibilities of amplifier getting damaged.

The second method is more professional & safe for channel music application. In this method the speakers are driven using the LMT of 100 volts OR 70 volts depending on the amplifier you choose. And by this method you can connect ANY number of speakers depending on the driving amplifier's output wattage and the wiring of the speakers has to be in PARALLEL only.

Personally, for all my installations in Bangalore, I use AUSTRALIAN MONITOR amplifier and SONODYNE speakers fitted with LMT. The Australian Monitor is sold & serviced by Sonodyne. So you can get both under one roof.

For your setup of six speakers, you need the model AMC 60. It's a 60 watts mono amplifier with a 100 Volts line output. It is not recommended to utilize the maximum wattage of any amplifier. So with AMC 60 you should plan upto 50 or 55 watts max. With a 5 watts tapping in the LMT, you can connect upto 10 or 11 speakers max and believe me the sound produced by 5 watts tapping is more than enough to fill a large area.

Also there are volume control unit available separately to use with these speakers to control independent volume level of each speaker. Pricing is very decent when compared to other products and also the sound quality as well.

Check out with a Sonodyne dealer in your city for more details. They also do a free installation for you without any extra charges and their service backup is really good. All the best .....

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Thank you guys for all your inputs. I will certainly check them out. Thank you again. Take care. Will let you know what I finally did. I will have to finalize it in the next 2-3 weeks. :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back