SMSL SU-8 vs Schiit Modi Multi Bit

I have the GTX1070 and haven't had any sound issues while playing games or editing videos. But it looks like there are already few suggestions provided in that link you shared.

Read up on how XLR works and see if it takes care of this issue for you.
You were lucky :)

I have the GTX1070 and haven't had any sound issues while playing games or editing videos. But it looks like there are already few suggestions provided in that link you shared.

Read up on how XLR works and see if it takes care of this issue for you.
XLR has failed in this situation too. I got my Asus Xonar DX back from bro. Connected it using optical out (for the first time in life) to K5 pro and it worked. No buzz/humm nothing! Thing now is I have a feeling I won't be able to utilize K5 pro to it's full potential. It might be restricted by optical. The USB vs optical debate lol.

You were lucky :)

I have a GTX 1070 too and use a SMSL SU8 as my DAC to a desktop HP amp, never faced any ground loop issue with the setup.
I faced it in my stereo chain but using a 3 pin plug at the powerplug end fixed the issue

I have a GTX 1070 too and use a SMSL SU8 as my DAC to a desktop HP amp, never faced any ground loop issue with the setup.
I faced it in my stereo chain but using a 3 pin plug at the powerplug end fixed the issue
It is not a ground loop. It ONLY happens when the GPU is load. It is probably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference

Thing is now I am using a 5k sound card for it's optical out and am restricted to 96 Khz (toslink limitation) and not able to use K5 pro's full potential but got rid of the problem 100%. No humms/buzzing whatsoever.

Where did you buy the SMSL SU8 from? It is a true balanced DAC AFAIK

It is not a ground loop. It ONLY happens when the GPU is load. It is probably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference

Thing is now I am using a 5k sound card for it's optical out and am restricted to 96 Khz (toslink limitation) and not able to use K5 pro's full potential but got rid of the problem 100%. No humms/buzzing whatsoever.

Surprising , I play lot of cs go and listen to music simultaneously but never faced the issue. Never tried with games which put a very high load on the GPU .

Where did you buy the SMSL SU8 from? It is a true balanced DAC AFAIK
I got it from a FM here itself about a year and half ago

Surprising , I play lot of cs go and listen to music simultaneously but never faced the issue. Never tried with games which put a very high load on the GPU .

I got it from a FM here itself about a year and half ago
It's a known issue with only nvidia cards. A poor guy dealt with it and did literally everything for months ... Like changing chassis psu etc. His 11 speakers buzzed while gaming only.

Aah thats a bummer, i have had ground buzzing with my stereo gear and it is very irritating.

May I know how you did that , mine went away using a 3 pin power plug but if it's possible to treat at source would like to explore that

May I know how you did that , mine went away using a 3 pin power plug but if it's possible to treat at source would like to explore that
That's all I did. Every metal part of my pc used to give me electrical shock. I just changed the main extension from 2 pin to 3 pin and it worked. But I'm not an expert on this.

that ESS 9038 qm based TR AMP from Earmen is another great choice also does full MQA decoding if you are into Tidal streaming. Haven't heard it myself but a couple of folks who I know own some great R2R DACs swear by it. It also has a potent headphone amp built in that can drive some tough HPs like the Sennheisser HD650 pretty well.
Don't know if you are in India. Do we have Tidal here? How do you do it?

I remove Xonar DX. Back to square one. USB > K5 pro > Monitors. Will live with the humm as it happens only while gaming. I mostly play games on E10+M40x.

Hi i am finally getting my Smsl su-8 DAC ,awaiting customs clearance .

@fLUX
i have few doubt
1) I plan to connect via phone USB C to USB B, do i need to install special app to do that ?
2) which of the three inputs ( coax , optical , usb ) is better.
in my current setup i am using signature acoustics phoenix BT receiver to connect to inbuilt DAC of marantz pm6006 via optical.

@fLUX
i have few doubt
1) I plan to connect via phone USB C to USB B, do i need to install special app to do that ?
in my current setup i am using signature acoustics phoenix BT receiver to connect to inbuilt DAC of marantz pm6006 via optical.
USB is best. Where did you buy it from?
Congos :)

@fLUX
i have few doubt

Hi,

Congrats on your purchase
I) Just need an otg cable for your phone, it will detect the DAC directly
II) I prefer the Optical input whenever possible. The usb input also is equally good. Never tried the coax

As long as you have windows 8 and above no driver installation is necessary.

Back on optical. Humm is unbearable.

Were you not getting this issue when using an external dac along with a Xonar DX ? Asking since I upgraded my PC and i have joined your wagon of the humm ingame :p

I will connect the Xonar DX back if its gonna help eliminate the humm.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back