Snapdeal pathetic as always!

Now the same item is quoted on the same site (snapdeal) for 2963/-
I think, I've bought it at reasonably a good price range!

By the way, the Blue dart tracker says, "Line haul delay; accident/traffic jam" So, I expect a delay in delivery.

Looks like its your first encounter with Bluedart. It is their usual 'pickup line':lol:
All my shipments upto date have always shown 'train/flight cancelled or delayed'. Their tracker is a waste of time. In fact, the shipments which I have received today still shows the same status I described above. My friend had a very bad experience buying a cell phone from ebay only due to bluedart. The value was prepaid. They are better when it comes to CoD since their own back is on fire as they need to pay the seller the cash collected.

BTW there is no issue if you have paid using credit card; you can always dispute the transaction. It gives me more control over COD; as once I have received the item and paid for it; I am on the mercy of website to decide. In credit card case; my bank fights for me.(and bank always win :p)

How does the chargeback on credit card works when you receive a wrong product or don't receive a product?

How does the chargeback on credit card works when you receive a wrong product or don't receive a product?

Chargeback is like a refund which you have raised on your credit card. This works on the principle like the contract that you have entered with the seller based on your payment through the credit of your CC is not adhered to and hence you are not satisfied or no response or back tracking of the seller. Most of the banks take this request and raise a charge back on the merchant with your complaint for refund. It might take couple of weeks for this to get resolved. You need to keep all the relevant documents, defective or wrong product at hand as the bank might ask you for the proof.

Update on the incorrect product received issue:

Received a mail & a phone call from snapdeal with some request numbers along with Bluedart's customer care number yesterday. Called up Bluedart today in the morning and communicated the issue and requested for a reverse pick-up of the item. As per their communication, the package will be picked up today.

Will keep the thread updated.

I beleive it's the sellers who pack the items with online vendors packing materials. Usually, the packings are sturdy and compact with original boxes/sachets in place.

I was in Nehru place a few months back, and came across a small room in the basement of a big building where a lot of hardware was being packed for shipment, I thought It was a snapdeal shipment room because all boxes had the snapdeal tape on it. Later on I realized it was a dealer's Godaam and the tape was the only thing supplied by snapdeal. :lol:

Oops! Received it on time!

By the way, the Blue dart tracker says, "Line haul delay; accident/traffic jam" So, I expect a delay in delivery.

I've received the merchandise today, as set by snapdeal. :clapping: My guess is that Blue dart's "Line haul delay" is just a ploy to warm up the customer just in case of any unlikely delays.

Cheers!
BK

Placed an order in the first week of January. Snapdeal cancelled 5 items from that order and processed the refund for 3 items. I am still struggling to get the refund for other 2 cancelled items. Every time I call them and tell them the whole story (order no, what refund I got, what is pending etc) and every time they tell me what item was cancelled, Refund processed on this date blah blah (Damn! I already know all these things) and at the end they say "We have already processed the refund for pending items from our end and it should reflect in your account within 6-7 working days. :mad: This website should banned. Poor Customer Service.

Update:

Bluedart is pathetic. As of now, I am satisfied with the response from Snapdeal, but Bluedart is simply not upto the mark.

The service guys did not turn up yesterday for the reverse pick up as promised. I called the customer care again today and they told me that they have a report from the local centre that the guys went to pick the item but the item was not ready:annoyed:

The reality is:

1. No one turned up for the pick up.
2. Nobody from the local centre even bothered to call to confirm the pick up time.
3. The item is packed and ready to be picked since Saturday (Today being Tuesday).

They have again promised for today (at the centralized call centre). Let's see what happens today.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited:

you can dispute the transaction; if the product is not delivered as per the mentioned delivery date(as given in the order mail usually), or is DOA and the seller is not responding or refusing to solve it. Or any genuine issue.

Basically you should try a couple of times with the seller; if they do not agree; tell them you are going to dispute the transaction(worked for me mostly). If nothing moves; dispute it(I did with TimTara and got my money back).

^ never knew that we can dispute these... This makes purchasing via credit card safer than bank transfers...

Update:

Bluedart finally picked up the item an hour back. Communicated with Snapdeal post pick up. My glimpses of the Snapdeal customer care is that they are efficient. They clearly know how to handle, at least cases like these. However, I will hold up my ratings for Snapdeal (and whether if I will order again) until the entire transaction reaches to its logical end. Things have been positive so far (though the seller faulted and sent a wrong product of course).

Received acknowledgment of the return from Snapdeal. Also, a new order has been automatically generated and an estimated shipping date given for a day after.

And the final update:

Received the correct product few minutes ago. Hence, all good which ended well:)

My experience was good with Snapdeal and the support team were co-operative during the entire ordeal. I will definitely like to order from snapdeal in future if they remain price competitive.

Saket.

Back