Snapdeal pathetic as always!

wishihadtubes

After reading about Snapdeal's 50% off offer on Hollywood movies in another FM's post (and posts from some more FMs about getting some very good movies at great prices), I decided to order two Blu-rays.
As is becoming usual with Snapdeal, I got a message from them today that my order has been delayed for "unavoidable reasons". This after I have already paid for the discs.
And this isn't the first time this has happened with Snapdeal.

I also ordered for 4 movies and got only one movie and for balance due to unavoidable circumstances they are cancelling order and refunding the amount.TI am yet to get the refund even after one week.Previously also i faced the same problem.This is my last deal with snapdeal.

I don't understand (or I am missing something?) that why someone pays upfront for making an online purchase if CoD option is available until & unless you are buying it as a gift for someone (CoD for gifting would be rude, eh??). There is hardly anything you can do, except waiting for your cash if the order is cancelled for any reason or stays undelivered perpetually; which is not a rare occurrence.

I can understand that some sellers do not offer CoD. Look for the same product on CoD at other websites. I can consider paying a little extra for CoD option and for sites with good track record rather than saving a few bucks upfront and then waking up everyday with the worries of lost money.

We should not need to have that worry. It seems that even e-bay deals with private sellers are more reliable in other parts of the world than this retail on-line shopping is here.

I'm continuing to pay upfront with Flipkart, as they have not let me down yet. I won't even try the other sites unless some really compelling deal comes up --- and then, yes, it will be COD. COD is our best insurance.

^ i ve had a few cancellation with flipkart... They failing to deliver or me deciding against stuff bought by impulse... But i find their order cancellation and payment reversal very fast, within 2-3days against the 7+ days with others...

And to the question asked above, paying when COD is available is also due to convenience, especially you or your family members wont be receiving the courier and some servant, caretaker etc etc is receiving them!

I don't understand (or I am missing something?) that why someone pays upfront for making an online purchase if CoD option is available until & unless you are buying it as a gift for someone (CoD for gifting would be rude, eh??). There is hardly anything you can do, except waiting for your cash if the order is cancelled for any reason or stays undelivered perpetually; which is not a rare occurrence.

I prefer to pay upfront primarily of the following reasons but always used COD for snapdeal for its ill reputation:

1. For paying online, I only use my credit card. Now I get a 45 days credit cycle. I can convert the dues into EMIs if I want through my bank. Often flipkart offered their own EMIs scheme for credit card payments. I get to collect the credit card points, but I don't really know what are its usage.lol.

2. I generally use one of the 4 addresses for shipping. One is my residential address, but no one stays at home during working days and there is none to receive any item. Another is my work place address but I cant receive heavy items, books and cds are fine. One address belongs to a friend who stays in the southern part of the city. He has a home office and can receive anything from car to condoms anytime of the day.lol. The last and reliable address is of my girlfriend. But I generally don't ship expensive stuff to her address as she would kill me for wasting money on AVs.

3. Under this above circumstances, it is not possible for me to go for COD all the time even if it is available. However, primarily for point #1, I go for upfront payment.

^ i ve had a few cancellation with flipkart... They failing to deliver or me deciding against stuff bought by impulse... But i find their order cancellation and payment reversal very fast, within 2-3days against the 7+ days with others...

Flipkart is among the best in the business in India. I trust them the most for all online purchases. Needless to say, 95% of my online purchases are by FK.

And to the question asked above, paying when COD is available is also due to convenience, especially you or your family members wont be receiving the courier and some servant, caretaker etc etc is receiving them!

On the contrary, I think it is more convenient to leave the money with my family members who would receive the shipment when I am not home. It is better than giving it to the seller upfront. I am free of all worries this way.

Once, I paid the seller upfront for a phono cartridge since they did not accept CoD. They confirmed receiving the money only 3 days after I made the online transaction. They dispatched the product on day 4 (of the transaction). By the time, the shipment received my city on the 6th day, I was impatient enough to go to the courier company and collect the parcel personally.:lol:

CoD also saves time I guess (with sellers like these)!

Last edited:
^ i mentioned when you or your relatives wont be able to receive the courier, paying upfront is better (or atleast thats what i meant to say)

I pay upfront for flipkart, jabong and ebay paisapay (their COD charges extra anyways)...

I try to avoid other online shops in general, especially shopclues, rediff, & snapdeal

Couple of months back, a Flipkart courier guy told me that they (may be eKart or ecom) changed the policy for delivery guys. Earlier they were getting Salary + petrol for per/km for delivery. But now they have changed the policy to Salary + per packet delivery (Rs. 3-4/- per packet) doesn't matter how far it is from the courier company office. He also told me that if packet is prepaid they deliver that packet, as amount is already paid to Flipkart, but if order is on COD and the distance of delivery is far from office, they simply send back to Flipkart by saying that the Buyer was not available at location/or locked etc because they will get Rs 3-4 for that delivery but they consume petrol more than that.

That is soooooooo stupid!. :mad: Inability to control staff at the end of the process; inability to provide acceptable pay/conditions. Inability to manage! :mad: :mad:

If Flipkart management is that bad, then their days are numbered. :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Yep! This stuff makes me mad! :mad:)

Never had any issues with Flipkart - received all deliveries earlier than the promissed dates - always opted for COD

Ordered a USB data card and a 1 TB HDD from snapdeal. Let's see, how it goes. My first transaction with Snapdeal.

I feel all the online sites are good till the point that you book a deal of the day or some items which are going at a slightly higher discount. Except that ebay and flipkart all other sites list some of items at a relatively cheap rate and sit on the cash of the customer by taking the orders beyond the stocks and earn interest and later cancel the order giving the reason out of stock.

I feel all the online sites are good till the point that you book a deal of the day or some items which are going at a slightly higher discount. Except that ebay and flipkart all other sites list some of items at a relatively cheap rate and sit on the cash of the customer by taking the orders beyond the stocks and earn interest and later cancel the order giving the reason out of stock.

Wow! is that business...Is that legal ?

Wow! is that business...Is that legal ?

I think this may not be the actual business plan but might be a way of doing business which does not happen on any of the US/Europe online sites. The reasoning I am giving is that from the day you book the order by CC your funds are debited and credited the merchant and he gets back to you after couple of weeks time saying its out of stock and might take another week or so and if you are ok to wait till then or else we can refund the money and it will take another couple of weeks time to get credited back to your CC.
Definitely its not legal as the merchant is supposed to maintain the stock and mention the same accurately on there sites without any descrepencies.

Looks like Snapdeal is slow. I ordered a USB data card & an HDD on 3rd & 4th Feb. respectively. The estimated shipping date for both were given as 5th Feb. by Snapdeal.

However, as of now, none have been shipped. However, I did get a message yesterday evening stating that the products are ready with the seller and will be shipped within 48 hrs.
Lets see how they fare finally. As stated above, its my first deal with 'snapdeal'!

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back