Snapdeal pathetic as always!

Looks like Snapdeal is slow. I ordered a USB data card & an HDD on 3rd & 4th Feb. respectively. The estimated shipping date for both were given as 5th Feb. by Snapdeal.

However, as of now, none have been shipped. However, I did get a message yesterday evening stating that the products are ready with the seller and will be shipped within 48 hrs.
Lets see how they fare finally. As stated above, its my first deal with 'snapdeal'!

If they have confirmed that the item is ready with the seller, then you will get your item and should be shipped within 24 hours. The major concern was they took lot of time to confirm the item after ordering. Seems it is because of their lengthy process. When Snapdeal gets an order, they send some kind of notification to seller for that, seller checks notification, and makes sure if item is available, then updates to Snapdeal etc.

If they have confirmed that the item is ready with the seller, then you will get your item and should be shipped within 24 hours. The major concern was they took lot of time to confirm the item after ordering. Seems it is because of their lengthy process. When Snapdeal gets an order, they send some kind of notification to seller for that, seller checks notification, and makes sure if item is available, then updates to Snapdeal etc.

Nice to know if that is the case. In fact, they were most price competitive for both the items across all online sellers, hence I took the plunge.

BTW, how is the packaging by snapdeal? Since, one of the items is an HDD and hence fragile, I am slightly worried about it.

Nice to know if that is the case. In fact, they were most price competitive for both the items across all online sellers, hence I took the plunge.
Yes Snapdeal is actually price competitive; it depends on your timely need as well. Be they TT bats or hard drives or computer monitors, I've always shopped them here atleast 10-15% discount.

Yesterday, I've ordered a Bosch-Skil 6513 JP kit for 2787 (but today's price is 2766 but with a different seller). Yesterday's order has already been blue darted this afternoon.

(This item's day before yesterday price on another site was 3349/- and it wasn't available on that day anywhere else)
I've so far used snapdeal four times; all the four times pre paid. There is usually a couple of days delay. Not more than that. Only now, I've opted for COD after reading this thread! :)

BTW, how is the packaging by snapdeal? Since, one of the items is an HDD and hence fragile, I am slightly worried about it.

I beleive it's the sellers who pack the items with online vendors packing materials. Usually, the packings are sturdy and compact with original boxes/sachets in place.

Last edited:
Snapdeal is not certainly snappy but they seem to work most of the times.
Their prices are highly competitive. I bought a Davidoff perfume which was about 10% lower than the lowest online price when I ordered. Incidentally most of my expensive online purchases were from them (CPU, GPU, HU etc) because they were much cheaper.

I have purchased about 15 items from them and only once they disappointed me. They can't match FK's speed but in price and variety they have an upper hand, IMO. If one can wait for a couple of days more and if there is a CoD option I don't see any reason why someone should hesitate to buy from them.

Hi All

I am a shopaholic (online shopping mostly) and do lots of shopping from Flipkart, eBay India, eBay Global, Myntra etc. I always pre-pay either through CC or Netbkng and till date have not faced cancellation issues though yes delays were encountered couple of times especially on eBay.in
Since we all are talking about Snapdeal, let me share my experience on recent big ticket purchase from Snapdeal -
Bought a Toshiba 39L3300 LED on 17/1/14 (Fri) and received delivery on 19/1/14 (Sun) - You can check the attached memo of Snapdeal.
Courier guy called me and confirmed whether I'll be available on home on Sunday and then delivered well on time.
Sanpdeal took just 24 hrs in processing my order and dispatching it.

Most important things which I always do before placing high value orders online -
1) Always look for sellers review and feedback score
2) Never ever buy from a seller whose ratings are low or seller has not provided enough information of the product. Don't get lured by discount offers.
3) Call CC and see how confident they are in giving details of the product and about the seller.
4) Be very blunt about the return policy and ask all the details.

My experience so far might be an exception but I agree to all of you that online shopping is risky for big ticket deals (for prepaid orders).

Attachments

• Snapdeal_Toshiba_L330.jpg
    Snapdeal_Toshiba_L330.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 50
My orders for both products have been dispatched by Snapdeal through Bluedart. Received confirmation in the morning. Not bad, though they dispatched it a day later than the estimated day of shipping. Thankfully, I am in no hurry and it's a CoD purchase.
Let's see when the orders land in my hand.
BTW, the HDD that I bought was Rs. 450/- cheaper than what was the next lowest online quote I got - from flipkart! And the data card was a cool 130 bucks cheaper. So, definitely its price competitive. If they sort out their delivery process, they can pose good competition to others.

Disclaimer: No affiliations to any online sellers.

I have not received my HDD, hence I cannot comment on the packaging, however, the original packing itself should be good enough for transit. Go for CoD.

Thanks.

Which HDD you bought? I will wait for your comments after you get it.

BTW, on CoD, it will be 1k more (no citibank cashback). Worth it ?

Thanks.

I ordered an external 1TB HDD- Transcend storejet. Yet to receive. CoD is always safer, no doubt. But since you will not get the citibank cashback offer, you will have to look into the fact that how price competitive it remains after that. If that is still substantial, then you can go for it.

Thanks.

CoD will only take care of the situation where the product is never delivered. Most couriers don't allow you to open the package before signing the delivery slip so you won't be able to inspect the package for proper packing until you actually accept delivery. From my experience Snapdeal does not appear to fulfill shipments, but only passes on the sale to the respective seller, which means packing is whatever the seller decides. FWIW, Snapdeal now appears to be associated with Ebay.in.

There appears to be a 2-4K difference in price for this HDD, post discount, between Snapdeal and other vendors. Note that the HDD is a 5900 RPM drive and not 7200 RPM.

Also confirm in writing with Snapdeal CC that you will get a new drive and not a refurbished one, as also a retail drive and not one that is marked by Seagate as OEM(which implies for warranty you will have to contact the OEM to whom Seagate sold the drive and not Seagate).

Last edited:
Thankfully never required to return a product; but do they arrange for a pick up from your place? AFAIK, Snapdeal does not have its own logistic chain and depends on other courier services. Are those 3rd party courier guys concerned enough to pick up the product from your door step?

Thankfully never required to return a product; but do they arrange for a pick up from your place? AFAIK, Snapdeal does not have its own logistic chain and depends on other courier services. Are those 3rd party courier guys concerned enough to pick up the product from your door step?

I used it twice, ecom express guy came to pick it.

One time the item was broken; they asked me to send an image;
Another time I ordered two piece but decided to return one(not open).

Both time it was picked timely and return was done in due time.

BTW there is no issue if you have paid using credit card; you can always dispute the transaction. It gives me more control over COD; as once I have received the item and paid for it; I am on the mercy of website to decide. In credit card case; my bank fights for me.(and bank always win :p)

I have not received my HDD, hence I cannot comment on the packaging, however, the original packing itself should be good enough for transit. Go for CoD.

No snapdeal experience, but whenever I have bought internal hdd, both online and from shop, in India, it has been single-wrapped item, not boxed.

What I suspect... These are actually OEM drives supplied in multiple units for machine assemblers, which is cheaper than buying/selling boxed drives. It is not a big deal as long as it works, but there could be warranty implications.

No snapdeal experience, but whenever I have bought internal hdd, both online and from shop, in India, it has been single-wrapped item, not boxed.

What I suspect... These are actually OEM drives supplied in multiple units for machine assemblers, which is cheaper than buying/selling boxed drives. It is not a big deal as long as it works, but there could be warranty implications.

OT, but I have observed the same. Factory packing of internal HDDs just have a flimsy magnetically shielded (?) cover. I think it could be because HDDs are imported in very large quantities and it helps to save a lot by avoiding the typical box packing.. I do not think there could be any problem with warranty. But when I received HDDs from online portals, I have always got them in good packing done by seller (bubble wrap/thermocol+carton box).

... it has been single-wrapped item, not boxed.

You are scaring me! My parcel will be delivered today. I just hope the Bluedart guys have not kicked the package much.

:eek:

Hard disks are tougher than they used to be.

The first one I ever saw outside a machine was an IBM Full-hight drive (as thick as a house brick) and it said, on the huge box inside which it was cleverly suspended, "Dropping this drive one inch will render it useless."

Looks like I will be experiencing Snapdeal more than what I planned initially.

I received the shipment little back. I asked the courier guy if I could open the packages before accepting it (read: paying for it). He said that it is not allowed. Hence, had no option but to pay.

Then as the guy left, I opened the two packages. I was most worried of the HDD, reading a lot of cases of DOA and all. Also, was worried if the seller had shipped the correct product - 1TB, USB 3.0 and all that stuff. Thankfully, the HDD was of correct specs and everything is fine. The HDD was in original, sealed brand package, wrapped by the snapdeal packaging material. No bubble wrap though.

Then coming to the second package. I opened the first layer, no bubble wrap here too. After the first layer, the product was wrapped in an old newspaper! I unwrapped it. And bang...the seller has shipped a USB wifi adapter in place of a USB modem:mad: The price for the wifi dongle is half of that of the modem I paid for. The seller has included an invoice of the USB modem that I actually ordered (& paid for) - not for the product he has shipped!:mad:

Called up snapdeal customer care. They sent me a mail instructing the return process initiation. I have packed the product back and waiting for the pick up to happen from Blue dart as per their communication. Let's see how the situation is handled by Snapdeal.

Will keep updating the thread as and when things happen.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited:
Yes Snapdeal is actually price competitive; it depends on your timely need as well. Be they TT bats or hard drives or computer monitors, I've always shopped them here atleast 10-15% discount.

Yesterday, I've ordered a Bosch-Skil 6513 JP kit for 2787 (but today's price is 2766 but with a different seller). Yesterday's order has already been blue darted this afternoon.

(This item's day before yesterday price on another site was 3349/- and it wasn't available on that day anywhere else)
I've so far used snapdeal four times; all the four times pre paid. There is usually a couple of days delay. Not more than that. Only now, I've opted for COD after reading this thread! :)

I beleive it's the sellers who pack the items with online vendors packing materials. Usually, the packings are sturdy and compact with original boxes/sachets in place.

Now the same item is quoted on the same site (snapdeal) for 2963/-
I think, I've bought it at reasonably a good price range!

By the way, the Blue dart tracker says, "Line haul delay; accident/traffic jam" So, I expect a delay in delivery.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back