Some thoughts on the Signature Acoustics C-12

The review was helpful.How is Bass.Is it tight or Boomy? I am confused between Brainwavz M5,Sound Magic E30 and C-12. My music preference is mostly Bollywood and Arrahman's type of music.I like to pay attention to the details with adequate Bass . Any suggestions you have?

The review was helpful.How is Bass.Is it tight or Boomy? I am confused between Brainwavz M5,Sound Magic E30 and C-12. My music preference is mostly Bollywood and Arrahman's type of music.I like to pay attention to the details with adequate Bass . Any suggestions you have?
The bass, when used with my Samsung Galaxy S3, was tight. I think the C-12 would pair well with Bollywood and A R Rahman stuff which (to my ears) has a touch too much treble. As I mentioned in the review, the highs are rolled off somewhat so you may need to play around with the equaliser if you want more of the highs.
As for the Brainwavz and Soundmagic, I haven't heard them so far. But they're on my to do list.

there was an offer going on some days ago i purchased it then . the price increased the next day i purchased. ;):p

I reviewed the C-12 few months ago. You could look for it on this forum as well. I Used these extensively and Id say pick up the M5 instead of this one. I found the M5 more articulate in terms of the bass. My second choice would be E30.

I am sure to enjoy A R Rahman's music (or any good piece of music which is well recorded) you would want the notes to be defined and bass having texture and balanced with the rest of the spectrum. This I did not somehow feel with the C-12.

C-12 is geared more towards the bass head. Every time I had it in my ears, it took me a while to adjust to the big mid bass bump. In some ways, it felt like a Brainwavz M2++. It basically takes that softer nature of the bass, gives it the extension it lacks and adds more treble and better presentation. The trouble was mids got a little pushed back and had some veil. Whenever my brain adjusted to the bass quantity, I didn't feel the mids were bad or anything. They were enjoyable, but it certainly lacked clarity when compared to my other bass heavy sets like Eterna or E10M or even MH1C. It actually has more bass and better imaging than E10M, but E10M had more clarity, better treble sparkle and a wider sound stage. I felt MH1C's mids lacked a slight bit of clarity coming from other (pricey) IEMs, but it's bass was loaded towards sub-bass, so it has much better clarity than C-12. Except for the cable, MH1C was more in line with my sound preferences.

E30 is more balanced than the others mentioned here.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your comments on C-12. I am not a bass head and seems C-12 shines mostly in the bass segment. So i have decided to stay away for it. Now between M5 and E30 which one you guys suggest. Even i am fine with any other suggestions around 3-4K range.

Finally got Sony Ericsson MH1. Initially disappointed with it as i felt it had too much bass and treble when heard from android phone with google music app. Same with the case of ipod classic as source. But after giving some burn in period of around 75hrs, i felt the bass and treble mellowed down to my liking. I have to say that after burn-in,i started loving this IEM.Having good clarity with adequate bass and treble. Also comfortable to wear.only problem i see is the flat cable. Need to adapt to it. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back