Songs with great soundstage

I was coming an picking up the songs suggested by you all on the good sound stage , but seems like this thread has been hijacked

everyone are talking on off topic , on speaker cables and 1 cm copper etc

I request you to please get back on track, time to go to other thread " best movies " and pick a movie to watch instead

Cheers Happy weekend friends

Tanoj

Check the first track of this album;
Witmertrio300shadow.jpg

perfect sound stage. There is depth and placement, everything sounds very natural but also with a lush warm decay.
You can listen to the sample here; Sound Liaison Music Shop

speaking of hindi music specifically-
1 sanam teri kasam- jaaneja. and many other rdb tracks. especially the presynthesiser era drums wind and strings with vocals.
2. jjws- are yaaro.. the opening score is not only mind blowing, its easier to appreciate the soundstage buildup by your system as instruments join one by one. bassy flute to kanghii( comb) to matki to drums... i got vinyl. thats my source.
3. fanaa- chand sifarish. this song ,apart from staging will also test timing of your system. whispering vocals in between the antaras will provide anchor after encore moments. powerful voice of kailash kher will test the tonality and timbre of ur speakers. all in all an all round reference material among indian music.
4. guru- barso re megha. many albums of ar rahman are either lean sounding or have too much of electronica. my personal problem with special effect kind of sounds is i dont know where should i place them ideally on soundstage.
5 baaghi- tapori. song has awesome stereo separation and while resolution of soundstage blurs often due to too many things going on, it still confirms to the spirit of the song. for the noob or on a new system, absurdly attention seeking drums traversing from one speaker to other will give you a good idea about movement of sound.
6. maachis- pani pani re. staging lies between stereo music and multichannel movie surround. but u can almost feel like you are sitting on bank of a flowing river in initial few moments.
7. rangeela- kya karen kya na kare. will test your systems timing , low end command and of course soundstage. few other songs from the album would also be good for the purpose but this is my pick of the lot. and of course i play the original 21yo cassette on nakamichi deck.
8sathiya- chhalka re. can you hear 2 lady vocalists standing side by side on centre of stage ? can you make out few inches of distance between them?? thats because your system has good resolution- a must for great soundstage creation.
most of the indian classical albums were recorded really well but they are by design not having full orchestration. electronic music is good for movie background effects. for music concert effect nothing beats pure instruments.

Ray Brown Trio - Exactly Like You

came across on you tube. Not exactly but something like jazz at pawnshop.

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

Been messing around tyring to get better imaging and a flat response. While on that effort I found this list of tracks https://www.lifewire.com/stereo-test-tracks-3134905

I don't (can't more likely) hear the Chime on Holly Cole, I won't listen to Motley Crue, All tracks other than the Coryells are on Tidal (that is on iTunes). I could not get the album listed at #8.

I could not figure out sax #4 on the "Holy Men"

ciao
gr

Listen to Pink Floyd, Acoustic guitar and band, drums songs in flac or mp3 320kpbs. Remember for better sound stage you should slightly toe the speakers in towards your listening position and the position in which you should be listening should atleast be 8 feet away for better stereo imaging.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back