Songs with great soundstage

How about KKKG and Devdas albums for SQ & Soundstage. Do they still have to work more to get into the top shelf? #JustAsking!

i tried that, but due to the lack of a table vice or a similar device to hold the hot banana [ :lol: ] i had to lay it down and solder the side slit.

Modelling clay might be an option. I've seen it being used on quite a few DIY LED youtube videos. One of my friends has improvised it by using chappathi dough. #Don'tAskMeAboutTheSQ! or #TheTasteOfChappathi! :)

Cheers!

I am new convert to using connectors. The increased contact area with spades and even pressure applied results in better signal transfer and I can feel that the soundstage has improved. The trick is to get the right sized spades not oversized ones. I used solder types.

Oops .. this thread is about songs with great soundstage not spades with great soundstage ... :cool: ;)

Ps: a small table vice is very cheap like 200 bucks at the local market.

~G0bble

Last edited:
Try soundtrack of :
1-Swadesh
2-Lagaan
3-Pukar (A.R.Rehman)
4-Zubeida (A.R.Rehman)

Awesome albums to test your Music set up..

Just upgraded my Onkyo satellites to Polk Audio Bookshelf speakers and they sound so nice.

I have the audio cd's of all the mentioned soundtrack albums. I used to listen them with the Onkyo satellites in stereo mode and they sounded great.
But since, I have purchased the new Polks, and gave in the first listen to these albums, and I was totally blown away. These albums sound as if they are being played live in front of you.

These albums are indeed great for soundstage and testing ones speakers.

good ones ..

1. Another day in paradise - Phil Collins
2. One more night - Phil Collins
3. Every time you go away - Paul Young
4. Now and forever - Richard marx

Hindi
1. Nazia & zoheb hasssan - zara chehra to dhikao
2. nazia Hassan - dil ki lagi
3. all yeh jawani hai diwani songs - Ilahi , Kabira
4. Pani da rang - Vicky donor
5. bezubaan - mohit chuhan
6. tu mile dil khile - criminal

Parineeta and Barfi are two great ones as well. Beautiful music and recorded exceptionally well. In both these albums the silences in the songs are absolutely black.

Even Songs of the Movie "Queen (2014)" are awesome.."Harjaayian" is the most beautifully recorded song..

I have The Very Best Of Indian Ocean by Times Music. Wonderful recording and a pleasure to listen to the amazing music of Indian Ocean!

Try this for great soundstage
Giriraja Sudha... sung by Shankar Mahadevan.. from Remember Shakti (Saturday Night in Bombay)

Last edited:
I have The Very Best Of Indian Ocean by Times Music. Wonderful recording and a pleasure to listen to the amazing music of Indian Ocean!

Interesting to note this. I have all their albums on CD, time to review my EAC settings I guess

Thanks

ciao
gr

Hey All,

Got my hands on a few CDs and I am astounded by the quality of a few, hopefully you do too, if/when you get them...

They are:
1. Saagar - Universal Classics - CDF 729 D
2. Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak - YBR TSeries - YBFCD 1-9 (Its from a set of 6)
3. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar - HMV (RPG) - CDF 110015
4. Vicky Donor - Eros - ECD 0217 - Eric Pillai (Mixing engineer, did an excellent job), esp the Pani Da Rang
5. Barfi - UTV - 88725 47438 2
6. Parineeta - Tips - TCCD 7347
7. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani - UTV - SFCD 1-2038
8. Swades - T Series - SFCD - 1/846

Am yet to listen to Dil Chahta Hai (YBR T Series), Gupt (Tips) ...

Cheers, Sunil

0r this one is also highly recommended; it is kind of a jazzy Pink Floyd.
BATIK (FLAC)

Batik%20Hoes%20300%20shadow%20v2.png

For Sound Stage these ones are good:

Doug MacLeod; There's a time (HD Tracks or as LP Reference Recordings)

Minnesota Orchestra; Symphonic Dances (Linn or as LP Reference Recordings)

Carmen Gomes Inc.; Thousand Shades of Blue (Sound Liaison)

Andre Heuvelman; After Silence ( Sound Liaison)

links: Sound Liaison; Music Store
Linn Records - The best recordings in Studio Master Download, Vinyl and SACD
Homepage | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads
Reference Recordings Complete Audiophile Classical Music Orchestra and Jazz HDCD Catalog

Doug-Macleod1.jpg
299e48eb_13061804131815233611304150.jpeg
SSS1%20Milan%20300.png
350x700px-LL-f7687885_Andre2030020met20schaduw20320_300.png
FREE%20SAMPLES%20300%20shadow%20v2.png

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back