Sonodyne SiA 320 vs Norge 1000 Gold

rockingx

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a budget HiFi system (stereo amplifier + speakers) and i am looking at Sonodyne SiA 320 vs Norge 1000 Gold.

Can someone who has auditioned both please help?

For speakers, i would go with the same manufacturer make, just to keep compatibility issue away.

>> Norge 1000 Gold + Norge New Millenium MK II

>> Sonodyne SiA 320 + Sonus 1501 V3

Please help me choosing the best in my budget (30 - 35 K). Suggestions for other combo are most welcome.

Speaker Specifictions
------------------------
Sonus 1501 V3
------------------
DESCRIPTION: Bookshelf speaker, 2 way vented
ENCLOSURE: Baffle 15mm MDF, other sides 12mm MDF. Internally braced
TRANSDUCER COMPLEMENTS: 1 x 5.25" polypropylene cone woofer, 1 x 1" Fabric Dome Tweeter (shielded)
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE : 8 Ohm
FREQ. RESP. (+3 dB) : 70 Hz ~ 20 kHz
SENSITIVITY (1W, 1M) 86 dB
CONTINUOUS POWER (RMS) :80 W
-----------------------------------------

Norge New Millenium MK II
------------------------------
Design : 1 X 6.5" Mid Bass. 1 X 1" Super Tweeter
----------------------------------
Power Handling :80W /RMS
Impedance : 4 ohms
Freq. Response :40 Hz - 30KHz
--------------------------------------

I have tried Sonodyne SiA310+1501 V3 combo and the SQ was really good. But this combo is bright sounding. Bass is adequate for a small room.

Listened to Norge 2060 along with Millenium mkII speake. Norge 2060 costs lower than Norge 1000 Gold but sounds very very musical and balance. Liked the sound of Norge 2060 and end up purchasing it. No idea about Sonodyne. Please listen to Norge 2060 with a good CD player like Marantz. You will like it too.

Thanks Partho,

I live in Delhi, and don't think i can audition Norge in Delhi :(
Looking at specifications, MKII are about 3 Foot in height but has 6' mid ?

Last edited:
I have tried Sonodyne SiA310+1501 V3 combo and the SQ was really good. But this combo is bright sounding. Bass is adequate for a small room.

I went to audition Sonodyne in Delhi at Rhythm Corner, South Ex but they did not have any Sonodyne product at that time, Sonodyne official guys always suggest to visit the same for audition though :).

I am using Norge 1000 for a year. For this budget 12 K, I am very much satisfied with it. My heco victa 301 perfectly matches with it. Excellent sound quality for this price.

I am suggesting you to not go with Norge speakers because they are 4 Ohms. In future if you go for other amp it may not match well. Also most of the AV receives recommends 6 - 8 ohms speakers.

I am using Norge 1000 for a year. For this budget 12 K, I am very much satisfied with it. My heco victa 301 perfectly matches with it. Excellent sound quality for this price.

I am suggesting you to not go with Norge speakers because they are 4 Ohms. In future if you go for other amp it may not match well. Also most of the AV receives recommends 6 - 8 ohms speakers.

Thanks... How would be Polk Audio TSi100 with Norge 1000? Coasting around 11-12 K !!!

I haven't tried Polk TSI 100 with Norge 1000 but Mr Bajaj of Norge once told me on chat that this combination will work well. But I suggest you to have demo with your choice of music.

Correct almost all are 4ohm but Norge Audio

Mr Bajaj had told me that he could fit 8 ohm driver in other spk serieses for a custom placed order.

No one with the reviews on Sonodyne SiA 320?
No one is using it or auditioned it?
No suggestions on Sonodyne SiA 320 vs Norge 1000 Gold?

Sia 320 is better in bass section.At the same time it is on the brighter side.I had to keep the tone control to minimum to make the sound warm.
Definitely, it is better than NORGE 1000 when paired with SONUS FLS.
I am a fan of good bass, so would prefer it, anyday.

am here just to read and learn. i just sold a sonodyne sc3070 amp and pair of arphi orpheus speakers. am shopping for a replacement; nothing sounds as good as what i sold.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back