Sony 65X9000H or 65X9500G

just 3 days back got my 65x9500g it still is the best fald tv in sony lineup as 950h isnt available in 65inch variant ,its simple if u are looking to buy next gen console then u should go for 9000h but if picture quality is main requirement then no doubt 9500g is the king yesterday i was watching zoo series on netflix which is in 1080 resolution but upscaling is so fantastic it looks like 4k content i kept comparing to 4k content i couldnt find much diffrence also dolby vision content looks mind blowing as it has 1200 nits brightness compared to 9000h which has peak 700 nits, also x1 processor in 900h is same that is in lower models 7400h & 8000h compared to 9500g it has got x1 ultimate which we see in high end sonys also android got updated to version 9 so interface is smooth

just 3 days back got my 65x9500g it still is the best fald tv in sony lineup as 950h isnt available in 65inch variant ,its simple if u are looking to buy next gen console then u should go for 9000h but if picture quality is main requirement then no doubt 9500g is the king yesterday i was watching zoo series on netflix which is in 1080 resolution but upscaling is so fantastic it looks like 4k content i kept comparing to 4k content i couldnt find much diffrence also dolby vision content looks mind blowing as it has 1200 nits brightness compared to 9000h which has peak 700 nits, also x1 processor in 900h is same that is in lower models 7400h & 8000h compared to 9500g it has got x1 ultimate which we see in high end sonys also android got updated to version 9 so interface is smooth
Thank you. I'm not a gamer. I hope it'll be in stocks when I go to the showroom to buy it.

I would suggest that you visit the nearby BE outlets first, they can check the availability internally over phone/system. If not successful, then visit the RD outlets.

Due to non availability of 950 g at my place,decided to get 900h and today went to have another look at 9000h and frankly disappointed with the picture quality.Played amazon prime,YouTube and IPL on star sports.Colors looked washed out.I had previously compared 950 g and 900h side by side and 950 g was way better in picture quality.
Also demoed LG cx before going in Sony showroom and it was on another level regarding picture quality.Even my 6 year old full HD LG led looks better than 900h,may be something to do with picture settings.Now I am confused and rethinking about 900h purchase.

Due to non availability of 950 g at my place,decided to get 900h and today went to have another look at 9000h and frankly disappointed with the picture quality.Played amazon prime,YouTube and IPL on star sports.Colors looked washed out.I had previously compared 950 g and 900h side by side and 950 g was way better in picture quality.
Also demoed LG cx before going in Sony showroom and it was on another level regarding picture quality.Even my 6 year old full HD LG led looks better than 900h,may be something to do with picture settings.Now I am confused and rethinking about 900h purchase.
Any OLED will be better than that. Even older ones if you get around the price.

You can't get OLED quality with other technologies even in HDR or QLED or other marketing gimmics sneaked into lcd tv sets. FALD can give you a 60-75% PQ but response times are high.

You can't get OLED quality with other technologies even in HDR or QLED or other marketing gimmics sneaked into lcd tv sets. FALD can give you a 60-75% PQ but response times are high.
Yes,agree .we can't compare oled PQ with something like 900h but it looked awfully bad in demo .Will go for another demo in different showroom and then decide.

Yes,agree .we can't compare oled PQ with something like 900h but it looked awfully bad in demo .Will go for another demo in different showroom and then decide.

If you are seeing youtube demos, lots might mislead you into thinking current LED TVs are better. As far as I have seen, most are almost same as 3-4 year old models with small improvements and more features and arguably less price.

My observation remains same, get OLEDs if you are crossing 1L. Anything will be better than a LED.

If you are seeing youtube demos, lots might mislead you into thinking current LED TVs are better. As far as I have seen, most are almost same as 3-4 year old models with small improvements and more features and arguably less price.

My observation remains same, get OLEDs if you are crossing 1L. Anything will be better than a LED.
Brother, in the likely event of not finding X9500G in the stocks, what would you suggest as the best alternative? What about burn-in issue of OLED TVs? Can we take the risk? Please suggest.

Brother, in the likely event of not finding X9500G in the stocks, what would you suggest as the best alternative? What about burn-in issue of OLED TVs? Can we take the risk? Please suggest.
Burn in issues only come to surface if you abuse your tv with too much of same content. Also modern OLED TVs have remedies for them and so you can consider buying OLED TVs. But again it is your preference and so your decision.

LG OLEDs have 5 year AMC. That would be the best option if you are weary of burn in etc. Pure PQ still goes to sony OLEDs.

Also difference between x900 vs x950 itself is quite big but not as big as comparing OLEDs.

If this forum is anything to go by, there is only one case I know of burn in and LG replaced the panel outside of warranty.
Given 3+2 year warranty they provide now, it should be even less of a problem.

I haven't heard of any sony OLED burn in issues at all till now in this forum.

C9 65s have had burn in issues and are available in OLX for 1.15 lakhs just out of one year warranty period. If burn in does not pose a threat why not recommended a display piece? Noone will recommend that. OLED is emissive and so the geometry and composition of it is susceptible for image retention and in redundant usage, permanent burn ins. But who abuses TV usage in this day and age where we have a multitude of things to do and so repetitive content are seldom played. If you are to use same content for prolonged time then LCD's are a safer bet but if you keep changing content and give the individual diodes equal and uniform functioning, no need to worry.

C9 65s have had burn in issues and are available in OLX for 1.15 lakhs just out of one year warranty period. If burn in does not pose a threat why not recommended a display piece? Noone will recommend that. OLED is emissive and so the geometry and composition of it is susceptible for image retention and in redundant usage, permanent burn ins. But who abuses TV usage in this day and age where we have a multitude of things to do and so repetitive content are seldom played. If you are to use same content for prolonged time then LCD's are a safer bet but if you keep changing content and give the individual diodes equal and uniform functioning, no need to worry.
Can we consider LG BX65 in the place of X9500G?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back