Sony 8G vs LG C9

Ah! I can see that being excellent for fps games and multiplayer games. I personally enjoy playing single player story games on OLED a lot more. Bigger screen, more immersive. Plus, HDR! Cyberpunk 2077 is literally going to be lit! Can't wait! Good to have an alternate option though, right? Nothing goes in trying it out.
Yeah for single player story mode a bigger screen will be very immersive especially role playing games .But I play competitive online game Dota2 which won’t need big screen or tv but require better FPS and response time.But lately with my new born I hardly get time to game hahah

Yeah for single player story mode a bigger screen will be very immersive especially role playing games .But I play competitive online game Dota2 which won’t need big screen or tv but require better FPS and response time.But lately with my new born I hardly get time to game hahah

Oh wow! Congrats, buddy! OLEDs are fragile btw. I hope nothing gets thrown at the screen. Just a heads up!

Oh wow! Congrats, buddy! OLEDs are fragile btw. I hope nothing gets thrown at the screen. Just a heads up!
Hahah yeah will wall mount it and put the current tv in hall for my daughter to use. I am still in the research stage. Will take some time and finalise.

Hahah yeah will wall mount it and put the current tv in hall for my daughter to use. I am still in the research stage. Will take some time and finalise.

Yeah! Take everything into consideration. I was worried that my cat might jump on the TV, which can mean instant breakage as OLED is so thin, so I had to plan the room layout accordingly and keep a good distance from the bed. Now just she just stares at it at times, but knows that she can't get to the top. While researching, I found several cases of broken OLED TVs from thrown toys. The front is thin glass. Not that sturdy. Although, not sure if other TVs with glass fronts can take a thrown toy either. Maybe some TV with a plastic screen will be more durable.

But lately with my new born I hardly get time to game hahah

Congratulations - how old?

With time - the amount of TV and movie hours will reduce as well. C9 is pretty good option to go with.

After seeing OLED and QLED showdown - I am a fan of OLEDs - just not sure if they deserve all the price they come with.

Congratulations - how old?

With time - the amount of TV and movie hours will reduce as well. C9 is pretty good option to go with.

After seeing OLED and QLED showdown - I am a fan of OLEDs - just not sure if they deserve all the price they come with.
Thanks. She is in her 8th month. Yeah c9 definitely good and VFM with all the features. A8 lacks lot of important features that c9 offers

Yeah! Take everything into consideration. I was worried that my cat might jump on the TV, which can mean instant breakage as OLED is so thin, so I had to plan the room layout accordingly and keep a good distance from the bed. Now just she just stares at it at times, but knows that she can't get to the top. While researching, I found several cases of broken OLED TVs from thrown toys. The front is thin glass. Not that sturdy. Although, not sure if other TVs with glass fronts can take a thrown toy either. Maybe some TV with a plastic screen will be more durable.
Sure will take all points in to consideration

LG gives in home demo.. opt for it and try the TV at your place..
a 65C9 sold near your place at 1.94L last week..(reference price for you).
Yes just visited reliance digital and had a demo of both Sony and lg. Sony 8G was amazing and both me and my wife were convinced to go for it. The LG audition was a disaster as the pen drive I took didn’t work and the tv was placed below two big and bright led tube lights which was flashing straight in my eyes. I couldn’t even see the YouTube videos due to the light flashing at my eyes. Lg spokesman offered to give home demo for 3 days. If any one who knows the best pricing for both models please DM me

Yes just visited reliance digital and had a demo of both Sony and lg. Sony 8G was amazing and both me and my wife were convinced to go for it. The LG audition was a disaster as the pen drive I took didn’t work and the tv was placed below two big and bright led tube lights which was flashing straight in my eyes. I couldn’t even see the YouTube videos due to the light flashing at my eyes. Lg spokesman offered to give home demo for 3 days. If any one who knows the best pricing for both models please DM me

NTFS works in LG. Good luck with the home demo!

NTFS works in LG. Good luck with the home demo!
Yeah some issue with the demo model. But the sad part was I couldn’t even check some YouTube videos as the bright light was flashing straight at the tv and my eyes. Sad set up for demo.

Sad indeed! Lost sale. Lol. Could you play HDR on YouTube? Last I remember was that HDR isn't possible on Android app, but plays on LG WebOS. The Metz OLED I had earlier was Android.

Sad indeed! Lost sale. Lol. Could you play HDR on YouTube? Last I remember was that HDR isn't possible on Android app, but plays on LG WebOS. The Metz OLED I had earlier was Android.
Sony had HDR and Dolby vision demo and had the tv installed on a good spot with low lighting. Me and my wife both liked it. Only draw back I found with Sony A8 was the brightness level. It was very low even at max at standard mode. Had to use vivid for the video to look bright. C9 brightness was very good in standard mode. Also the remote was good and I liked the user interface. Also the home menu can be used while playing the video unlike the Sony.

Sony had HDR and Dolby vision demo and had the tv installed on a good spot with low lighting. Me and my wife both liked it. Only draw back I found with Sony A8 was the brightness level. It was very low even at max at standard mode. Had to use vivid for the video to look bright. C9 brightness was very good in standard mode. Also the remote was good and I liked the user interface. Also the home menu can be used while playing the video unlike the Sony.

I meant HDR via YouTube. I couldn't play them in the Metz OLED, and at that time, it was the same for Sony. Don't know if they have since upgraded. Do check and confirm. See if it matters. LG WebOS is way more convenient than Android in my experience. Boots up fast and magic remote is great. I don't think I can go back to a clumsier OS now. Lol

I have OLED light at 22 for night watching and 35 for day with curtain. C9 gets plenty bright for me. HDR and DV can be blinding in some scenes. Truly impactful. Metz OLED also got sufficiently bright. I can't compare Sony as I have only demoed them, but they do seem less impactful when comparing in showroom, but will it matter in home without a C9 next to it to compare? Maybe not. Can't be sure.

I meant HDR via YouTube. I couldn't play them in the Metz OLED, and at that time, it was the same for Sony. Don't know if they have since upgraded. Do check and confirm. See if it matters. LG WebOS is way more convenient than Android in my experience. Boots up fast and magic remote is great. I don't think I can go back to a clumsier OS now. Lol

I have OLED light at 22 for night watching and 35 for day with curtain. C9 gets plenty bright for me. HDR and DV can be blinding in some scenes. Truly impactful. Metz OLED also got sufficiently bright. I can't compare Sony as I have only demoed them, but they do seem less impactful when comparing in showroom, but will it matter in home without a C9 next to it to compare? Maybe not. Can't be sure.
I went to a LG show room and had a good demo of the C9. I only took three 1080p movies with each being just 1-2gb in size to check the upscaling cause both Sony and lg had their own 4K demo clips which was excellent. The c9 played 4K videos on YouTube not sure if it was HDR. Checked Video quality and it showed only 4K. So let me breakdown on what I felt with both c9 and A8. The upscaling was better in Sony for sure. The colours where more vibrant in the Sony and the c9 was washed out in standard mode. When I changed it to vivid the colours were poping out and looked bad,not natural.But when it comes to playing 4K HDR demo videos it’s very difficult to say which is better interms or picture quality with the C9 being more brighter but colours where washed out in standard mode but in vivid mode it was natural and vibrant.The c9 for sure is a VFM and the 65 inch itself costing just few more then the 55inch Sony.

I went to a LG show room and had a good demo of the C9. I only took three 1080p movies with each being just 1-2gb in size to check the upscaling cause both Sony and lg had their own 4K demo clips which was excellent. The c9 played 4K videos on YouTube not sure if it was HDR. Checked Video quality and it showed only 4K. So let me breakdown on what I felt with both c9 and A8. The upscaling was better in Sony for sure. The colours where more vibrant in the Sony and the c9 was washed out in standard mode. When I changed it to vivid the colours were poping out and looked bad,not natural.But when it comes to playing 4K HDR demo videos it’s very difficult to say which is better interms or picture quality with the C9 being more brighter but colours where washed out in standard mode but in vivid mode it was natural and vibrant.The c9 for sure is a VFM and the 65 inch itself costing just few more then the 55inch Sony.

Well, I have zero experience with standard and vivid modes, so I can't really comment on this. The most accurate modes for C9 are the ISF dark mode or Cinema mode for SDR and Cinema or Techinicolor mode for HDR. For DV, again it's Cinema. Although, if you want the image to really pop, other modes will suit your taste better. The accurate warm 2 setting can seem too warm for many initially as LED TVs lean towards blue quite a lot.

Anyway, do note that it's the same panel with same color gamut. You can tweak settings to match in both according to your preference. Upscaling is win for Sony though, even motion, but since I have been using LG, not once have I thought while watching, I wish this was better. It looks darn good.

Well, I have zero experience with standard and vivid modes, so I can't really comment on this. The most accurate modes for C9 are the ISF dark mode or Cinema mode for SDR and Cinema or Techinicolor mode for HDR. For DV, again it's Cinema. Although, if you want the image to really pop, other modes will suit your taste better. The accurate warm 2 setting can seem too warm for many initially as LED TVs lean towards blue quite a lot.

Anyway, do note that it's the same panel with same color gamut. You can tweak settings to match in both according to your preference. Upscaling is win for Sony though, even motion, but since I have been using LG, not once have I thought while watching, I wish this was better. It looks darn good.
Yeah you are correct my feedback is purely based on out of the box settings and only in standard and vivid modes. For sure it can be calibrated better. One thing for sure is even though both are same panels the picture processing in Sony seems to be doing an excellent job with upscaling. C9 also did an excellent job but the picture wasn’t vivid and sharp compared to the Sony but this was on a 1-2 gb file.

Yeah you are correct my feedback is purely based on out of the box settings and only in standard and vivid modes. For sure it can be calibrated better. One thing for sure is even though both are same panels the picture processing in Sony seems to be doing an excellent job with upscaling. C9 also did an excellent job but the picture wasn’t vivid and sharp compared to the Sony but this was on a 1-2 gb file.

Yeah! That's why I feel showroom comparisons are tough because the TVs have so many settings and it's tough to match. I would suggest switching boths sets to accurate modes before comparing though, as that'll give you the best idea. That's why TV reviewers calibrate sets before comparing, so that the playing ground is equal. Anyway, with both the sets, you'll get the best PQ money can buy right now. Go with the one which will give you peace of mind without regrets.

Yeah! That's why I feel showroom comparisons are tough because the TVs have so many settings and it's tough to match. I would suggest switching boths sets to accurate modes before comparing though, as that'll give you the best idea. That's why TV reviewers calibrate sets before comparing, so that the playing ground is equal. Anyway, with both the sets, you'll get the best PQ money can buy right now. Go with the one which will give you peace of mind without regrets.
Sure will do. Since it’s year end dealers are willing to give some discounts.

LG gives in home demo.. opt for it and try the TV at your place..
a 65C9 sold near your place at 1.94L last week..(reference price for you).

Does LG arrange home demo in all cities? Any idea how to get it in Delhi? Call LG helpline or stores?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back