Sony 8G vs LG C9

Well the showroom manager sent his representatives to unmount the tv and pack it. Delivery has been confirmed by the shah warehouse as I got a call in the afternoon. The showroom representative said this piece was supposed to be given to a different branch for demo but buy mistake ended with me. He also shared an image of a newly unboxed tv where it will have peel offs at the bottom corners. He even said if the tvs don’t have bottom peel offs and has a top instead it must have been unboxed before

2C79C773-9982-4D6A-BC9D-34F17A821A60.jpeg77E604C3-F0B7-47A7-ADA0-E93D92DD1BC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Well every one I don’t want any one to be miss guided with my feedback in the c9 on the upscaling. In my home I am using nvidia shield and it was excellent and as good as the Sony. In showroom I used pen drive and the tv player. May be the inbuilt player ain’t good as the Sony. But in shield it’s excellent. Not sure at home Sony vs LG oled how it will be but for sure the c9 is best VFM and top notch in both upscaling and 4K
Typically, In any TV the native video player will be powered by the picture processing engine of the TV that takes care of all the picture processing(that includes up-scaling and etc) . Here i believe the nvidia shield have the good picture processing rather than the LG.
However, the C9 is certainly the VFM though.

Congrats on your new purchase @Love4sound

Typically, In any TV the native video player will be powered by the picture processing engine of the TV that takes care of all the picture processing(that includes up-scaling and etc) . Here i believe the nvidia shield have the good picture processing rather than the LG.
However, the C9 is certainly the VFM though.

Congrats on your new purchase @Love4sound

Isn't it disappointing? Can't even keep a full 4k movie downloaded in the TV.

Bhai TV hai, computer nahi. Lol

4TB HDD supported hai. TV manufacturers aren't catering to pirates you see. Moreover, there's also Plex and X-Play. I'm streaming the rips over WiFi. Working well on X-Play. Plex was slower for some titles.

Bhai TV hai, computer nahi. Lol

4TB HDD supported hai. TV manufacturers aren't catering to pirates you see. Moreover, there's also Plex and X-Play. I'm streaming the rips over WiFi. Working well on X-Play. Plex was slower for some titles.

Did you download X-Play from the LG webstore? Interesting as even I have similar problems on some of the titles while playing over Plex from my Synology NAS.

Did you download X-Play from the LG webstore? Interesting as even I have similar problems on some of the titles while playing over Plex from my Synology NAS.

Yes! It worked well, so I purchased it too for about 600 Rs. Seemingly, Plex starts transcoding many files, leading to playback issues.

Yes! It worked well, so I purchased it too for about 600 Rs. Seemingly, Plex starts transcoding many files, leading to playback issues.
You need to disable internal subtitles in h.265 files to direct play from plex. C9 has great format compatibility including Dolby vision if setup correctly.

You need to disable internal subtitles in h.265 files to direct play from plex. C9 has great format compatibility including Dolby vision if setup correctly.

Yeah. I read that, and subtitles were disabled. It did work well for a couple of movies I saw, but then just stopped working and would take forever to buffer. I tried to troubleshoot it, but then just gave up because of so many things that had to be checked, including wifi ports and all. I then tried X-Play. Worked well. Small amount. No biggie. Haven't had a hiccup since. Saw Wreck it Ralph 2 a couole of nights ago. Tested Plex if it would play, and it buffered thrice in the first minute itself. X-Play didn't stutter in the entire movie. Seals it for me.

Well every one I don’t want any one to be miss guided with my feedback in the c9 on the upscaling. In my home I am using nvidia shield and it was excellent and as good as the Sony. In showroom I used pen drive and the tv player. May be the inbuilt player ain’t good as the Sony. But in shield it’s excellent. Not sure at home Sony vs LG oled how it will be but for sure the c9 is best VFM and top notch in both upscaling and 4K
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I am facing the same decision as you...sony A8G vs lg C9. I will be getting a 55" due to space. However, like you I use an NVIDIA shield and play a lot of movies that are 1080p with only 1-2gb in size. I tested a few movies on a USB drive at the store and I seemed to like the A8G better. However, I noticed that you were in the same situation and you went with the C9, and you said that your movies looked much better playing on the shield. I'm assuming that you use the Kodi app on the shield? So how is the C9, are you happy with it or do you wish you had purchased the A8G? Just wanted to ask you, since I'm trying to decide and I also use a shield with 1-2gb movies.
Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I am facing the same decision as you...sony A8G vs lg C9. I will be getting a 55" due to space. However, like you I use an NVIDIA shield and play a lot of movies that are 1080p with only 1-2gb in size. I tested a few movies on a USB drive at the store and I seemed to like the A8G better. However, I noticed that you were in the same situation and you went with the C9, and you said that your movies looked much better playing on the shield. I'm assuming that you use the Kodi app on the shield? So how is the C9, are you happy with it or do you wish you had purchased the A8G? Just wanted to ask you, since I'm trying to decide and I also use a shield with 1-2gb movies.
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.I am 200% happy with the c9 even though I am a Sony fan boy. For me I always will love Sony tv and will be the best for me. Then why did I buy the c9? First the c9 offers more for the price over the Sony A8. Second Even though I felt that upscaling was horrible in the showroom demo but when the sales man played 4K HDR I was blown away with the picture quality. It was even brighter then the Sony. So I took a gamble keeping it in mind that the c9 is more feature proof with Hdmi 2.1, ALL, Gsync, and variable refresh rate and had a hunch that upscaling should be better. I have some Blu-ray contents 1080p and when I played them the picture quality was amazing and even made me doubt and check the movie if it was 4k or 1080p. Upscaling was that good. Also keep this in mind if all you need is to watch 1-2 gb 1080p contents why a top rated 4K oled tv?The main purpose of c9 and any other oled’s is to watch 4k HDR movies which is a treat to the eyes. Having said that to answer your question yes the c9 will definitely make you happy with it’s upscaling .I am a very partial person when it comes to brand and it’s origin and I always stay away from Korean, Chinese brands. Samsung, LG,Hyundai are brands that I ignore always and have never gone near them or to the showrooms . If not for this forum I would have ended with the A8. And even being so partial I am 200% satisfied with the c9 and probably the only Korean based product in my home hahaha

Welcome to the forum.I am 200% happy with the c9 even though I am a Sony fan boy. For me I always will love Sony tv and will be the best for me. Then why did I buy the c9? First the c9 offers more for the price over the Sony A8. Second Even though I felt that upscaling was horrible in the showroom demo but when the sales man played 4K HDR I was blown away with the picture quality. It was even brighter then the Sony. So I took a gamble keeping it in mind that the c9 is more feature proof with Hdmi 2.1, ALL, Gsync, and variable refresh rate and had a hunch that upscaling should be better. I have some Blu-ray contents 1080p and when I played them the picture quality was amazing and even made me doubt and check the movie if it was 4k or 1080p. Upscaling was that good. Also keep this in mind if all you need is to watch 1-2 gb 1080p contents why a top rated 4K oled tv?The main purpose of c9 and any other oled’s is to watch 4k HDR movies which is a treat to the eyes. Having said that to answer your question yes the c9 will definitely make you happy with it’s upscaling .I am a very partial person when it comes to brand and it’s origin and I always stay away from Korean, Chinese brands. Samsung, LG,Hyundai are brands that I ignore always and have never gone near them or to the showrooms . If not for this forum I would have ended with the A8. And even being so partial I am 200% satisfied with the c9 and probably the only Korean based product in my home hahaha
Thank you so much for the quick response! The A8G is a few hundred dollars more than the C9, but if the C9 will do well with upscaling (playing my 1-2gb movies from the shield, which will be 95% of my movie watching until I get more 4k content) then it looks like I will get the C9. Best Buy here has the A8G for $1799us and the C9 for $1599. However, I just found the C9 for under $1400 which is why I'm seriously considering it. Thank you for your input on this!

hi guys looking for some help im a big fan of vlc player and im told its not available on c9 , just wondering what the player is like thanks

hi guys looking for some help im a big fan of vlc player and im told its not available on c9 , just wondering what the player is like thanks
you can use any streaming device like fire tv or any android box or apple tv to load vlc

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back