Sony 8G vs LG C9

It had two tapes only. The manager actually asked sorry and accepted it’s by mistake they have delivered this. I asked him to send the latest manufactured date and the same was communicated to the warehouse and the delivery boys picked the latest manufactured date which happened to be this tv

Its definitely not a mistake, they would have thought that you're unaware about the usage hours in the menu. In my case I clearly mentioned that I wanted one with latest manufacturing date and with 0 hours. The issue here is the TV would have been running in store mode with full brightness for the 300+ hours so I would suggest you to demand a new stock. From which store did you purchase ?.

It had two tapes only. The manager actually asked sorry and accepted it’s by mistake they have delivered this. I asked him to send the latest manufactured date and the same was communicated to the warehouse and the delivery boys picked the latest manufactured date which happened to be this tv
Which dealer was this?

Its definitely not a mistake, they would have thought that you're unaware about the usage hours in the menu. In my case I clearly mentioned that I wanted one with latest manufacturing date and with 0 hours. The issue here is the TV would have been running in store mode with full brightness for the 300+ hours so I would suggest you to demand a new stock. From which store did you purchase ?.
Yeah 342 hours is 6 hours daily since manufactured date is in 7 oct. I just sent a picture message to the showroom manager and he immediately called to apologise and also offered a replacement by Sunday. I asked manager to send the latest manufactured date and the same was informed to the warehouse.The delivery boys picked the latest manufactured date which happened to be this tv. This is what the manager told. I actually liked the manager and handled the sale and installation process very well. During demo also he was very helpful and never pressured me to purchase it. So I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt till Sunday. The tv internal storage also has demo videos used in showroom

Well every one I don’t want any one to be miss guided with my feedback in the c9 on the upscaling. In my home I am using nvidia shield and it was excellent and as good as the Sony. In showroom I used pen drive and the tv player. May be the inbuilt player ain’t good as the Sony. But in shield it’s excellent. Not sure at home Sony vs LG oled how it will be but for sure the c9 is best VFM and top notch in both upscaling and 4K
Finally you accepted. I already told that there was something wrong.

Even my C8 didnt come with the front film but the usage hours was 0. These dealers are very smart when it comes to repacking. In my case the technician removed the box packing without cutting the white tapes in the box. And I think 65 inch models comes with 3 tapes in the box pack, how many tapes did your's have ?.
As far as I know LG OLED will never come without flim.

Finally you accepted. I already told that there was something wrong.
Well I was just giving my honest observation. In the showroom no matter how much I tried the upscaling was very bad.
As far as I know LG OLED will never come without flim.
Yeah mine is 342 hours used television. Demo unit for sure. 7oct manufactured tv having 342 hours is quite high. I tested all night and found HDMI issue as well in HDMI 2 which is also the most critical port as it is used for arc.

Well I was just giving my honest observation. In the showroom no matter how much I tried the upscaling was very bad.
Yeah mine is 342 hours used television. Demo unit for sure. 7oct manufactured tv having 342 hours is quite high. I tested all night and found HDMI issue as well in HDMI 2 which is also the most critical port as it is used for arc.
It is so bad. Actually LG OLED packing doesn't have tape on bottom side. So, It is very hard to identify whether it is already opened or not. The only way to avoid used one is to check the manufacturing date and choose the latest. If latest is not available than, we have to open the box in showroom itself and thoroughly check the inner cover for any double fold / creases and other wrinkles. We could not repack it as it was. And also check for wear and tears, particularly on the screw thread / holes. But it is not possible for all. We may check the running time but some dealers do resetting. It is not useful in some case.

Edited: After checking and selecting one then we don't forget to take photo copy of the serial number to compare it during delivery.

Last edited:
It is so bad. Actually LG OLED packing doesn't have tape on bottom side. So, It is very hard to identify whether it is already opened or not. The only way to avoid used one is to check the manufacturing date and choose the latest. If latest is not available than, we have to open the box in showroom itself and thoroughly check the inner cover for any double fold / creases and other wrinkles. We could not repack it as it was. And also check for wear and tears, particularly on the screw thread / holes. But it is not possible for all. We may check the running time but some dealers do resetting. It is not useful in some case.

The hours in the service menu also reset. Savvy dealers can indeed screw customers easily.

Edited: After checking and selecting one then we don't forget to take photo copy of the serial number to compare it during delivery.

I was breaking my head why the colors are so dull and not sharp. experimented for 3 hours trying different set up cables and finally after swapping ports in the TV i found the colour issue was due to the HDMI port

I was breaking my head why the colors are so dull and not sharp. experimented for 3 hours trying different set up cables and finally after swapping ports in the TV i found the colour issue was due to the HDMI port
Don't worry bro. Have you check calibration settings. Because each port can have unique custom settings. Copy HDMI 1 setting to HDMI 2 as well.

If already checked you are going to return then do nothing. If you decided to keep then just reset the OS. It may solve this issue. As it is already opened box, some other device might be connected to that port, so it may cause this issue. Resetting may solve it. If not then probably it may be defective. Then the only way is getting replacement as DOA.

PS: Beware, resetting the OS will reset the viewing hours too.

Don't worry bro. Have you check calibration settings. Because each port can have unique custom settings. Copy HDMI 1 setting to HDMI 2 as well.

If already checked you are going to return then do nothing. If you decided to keep then just reset the OS. It may solve this issue. As it is already opened box, some other device might be connected to that port, so it may cause this issue. Resetting may solve it. If not then probably it may be defective. Then the only way is getting replacement as DOA.
I have already spoken with the manager and he agreed to replace it by sunday. More then being used this must have been a demo unit. 342 hours means 6 hours daily for 2 months that's to high

I have already spoken with the manager and he agreed to replace it by sunday. More then being used this must have been a demo unit. 342 hours means 6 hours daily for 2 months that's to high
Don't forget to change the serial number in the invoice as it is must for warranty claim in further if needed.

It is known issue in C9 HDMI 2 /ARC port. If we change the device connected to it then it will malfunction. Resetting the OS will solve it.

The hours in the service menu also reset. Savvy dealers can indeed screw customers easily.
shit never knew this was possible, i got lucky when i bought my 55B6 few years back, still rocking with it ;)
Is it the same with the Sony oleds too? the dealers can reset the viewing hours?

Thanks.

shit never knew this was possible, i got lucky when i bought my 55B6 few years back, still rocking with it ;)
Is it the same with the Sony oleds too? the dealers can reset the viewing hours?

Thanks.
I think we can reset Sony OLED usage hours. As it has Android, it is just like Android phone.

Last edited:
Don't forget to change the serial number in the invoice as it is must for warranty claim in further if needed.

It is known issue in C9 HDMI 2 /ARC port. If we change the device connected to it then it will malfunction. Resetting the OS will solve it.
Lg technician was even worse I asked him to confirm the usage hours he said there is no such option the best part was when I played Dolby vision videos the tv played it as HDR guess what he responded? Sir if u want Dolby Vision save the file as name_dolby vision :D

Lg technician was even worse I asked him to confirm the usage hours he said there is no such option the best part was when I played Dolby vision videos the tv played it as HDR guess what he responded? Sir if u want Dolby Vision save the file as name_dolby vision :D
But the LG technician who visited my home has well knowledge. It is common for all brands. Somebody has well knowledge some has no knowle dge at all. Actually they are only trained to fit the TV.

But the LG technician who visited my home has well knowledge. It is common for all brands. Somebody has well knowledge some has no knowle dge at all. Actually they are only trained to fit the TV.
But this is something next level man. He could have just said will check With his team or arrange for another site visit. How on earth he got this explanation. What was he thinking lol

@Love4sound if you have any doubt in operating the TV contact LG support via phone. They will help you by connecting to your TV remotely.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back