uqa3a9a8.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the W700B last night .

Fantastic TV . Will post a review in detail soon

Attachments

• 20140329_215713.jpg
    20140329_215713.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 220

Great, how much did you pay for it and where did you buy in Bangalore?
How is the SD content quality on this TV.
Would you mind a small review :)

Dear All,

Please help me out. I bought a SonyW700B last night. Technician installed it and showed me the demo today and TV is up and running great. I totally love it.

I need your help with the sound setup :

I have a set of very old Kenwood speakers, subwoofer which is of Logitech ,Tata sky hd set top box, Sony playstation 3

I want all my sound to play through the kenwood/logitech.

I had a lg 26 inch lcd which used to do it well.

The sony guy connected the speakers but connected the wires directly to the setup box hence the tv ouptut (through tata sky )is coming through the speakers , but the sony ps3 and tv output (of movies /songs ) is not playing through the kenwood / logitech !!

How do i make all play through the speakers. please suggest and guide

I could post pics tomorrow

Dear All,

The sony guy connected the speakers but connected the wires directly to the setup box hence the tv ouptut (through tata sky )is coming through the speakers , but the sony ps3 and tv output (of movies /songs ) is not playing through the kenwood / logitech !!

How do i make all play through the speakers. please suggest and guide

I could post pics tomorrow

You would ideally need an AVR to handle this. Or you could connect the PS3 and HD STB to two different HDMI ports and use the digital audio output port to your speakers. If you are planning to go for theAVR option , be aware that Sony W70B has an ARC HDMI port; with that you can play the TV output through your input HDMI cable itself.

The issue is solved !!

I put a aux wire from the headphone out jack of the tv to the woofer and now all (tv / ps3 ) are playing sound through my 2.1 speakers.

:):yahoo::clapping:

Hi everyone...as mentioned earlier, bought 42 700B around a week back at 58K Net in NCR. Here are some pointers on my experience so far:

- when the set was delivered and SONY technician came for installation, I asked him to check for usage hours...he did not have a clue whatsoever. Thanks to HFV, I had the setting saved wid me...checked and found its coming as 170 hours. I immediately called up my seller...though he was initially trying to convince me that its done during testing in factory, but then within 5 mins...he agreed to replace the set...which he delivered after 2 days. New set was showing 00 hours and I was happy.

- Set is manufactured in Malaysia...hope this is common for other people buying as well. Its imported directly by SONY India, so no issues around warranty.

- First feel of the TV is BRILLIANT. I'm no expert or videophile...so cant say if its actually best out there, however, I loved it...feel, finish, built, model, appearance everything, including Illumination piece. Certainly adds to your living room, even if its switched off.

- Coming to picture quality, HD viewing is awesome! in SD, few channels like Star Movies Action, Bindaas etc are good...while few are really bad like Star Sports...esp those channels which have their HD counterpart, they just dont feel nice...so assuming its from broadcaster side..and not an issue with TV.

- Few HD channels are giving message like - Unsupported Audio signal...Pls check your device output...could not figure out the reason for it. I noticed different HDMI ports mention diff uses like (HDMI 2 - ARC, HDMI 3 - DV) etc...not sure which one is the best port to use tata sky HD. Pls suggest on this front.

- Sound Quality is good...though little low...will see for adding up HT later.

- Loved the new feature - Photo Share as well. Understand this was already there in Panny (they claim Swipe & Share)...here, while Screen Mirroring is not possible for I-phone, however, photo share works well in iOS as well.

Hi everyone...as mentioned earlier, bought 42 700B around a week back at 58K Net in NCR. Here are some pointers on my experience so far:

- when the set was delivered and SONY technician came for installation, I asked him to check for usage hours...he did not have a clue whatsoever. Thanks to HFV, I had the setting saved wid me...checked and found its coming as 170 hours. I immediately called up my seller...though he was initially trying to convince me that its done during testing in factory, but then within 5 mins...he agreed to replace the set...which he delivered after 2 days. New set was showing 00 hours and I was happy.

- Set is manufactured in Malaysia...hope this is common for other people buying as well. Its imported directly by SONY India, so no issues around warranty.

- First feel of the TV is BRILLIANT. I'm no expert or videophile...so cant say if its actually best out there, however, I loved it...feel, finish, built, model, appearance everything, including Illumination piece. Certainly adds to your living room, even if its switched off.

- Coming to picture quality, HD viewing is awesome! in SD, few channels like Star Movies Action, Bindaas etc are good...while few are really bad like Star Sports...esp those channels which have their HD counterpart, they just dont feel nice...so assuming its from broadcaster side..and not an issue with TV.

- Few HD channels are giving message like - Unsupported Audio signal...Pls check your device output...could not figure out the reason for it. I noticed different HDMI ports mention diff uses like (HDMI 2 - ARC, HDMI 3 - DV) etc...not sure which one is the best port to use tata sky HD. Pls suggest on this front.

- Sound Quality is good...though little low...will see for adding up HT later.

- Loved the new feature - Photo Share as well. Understand this was already there in Panny (they claim Swipe & Share)...here, while Screen Mirroring is not possible for I-phone, however, photo share works well in iOS as well.

Lol U bought this tv for 58k, dealer wanted to get rid if a demo set. Where did you get this pricing?

When I checked mine it was 00000-00005-00000.

Yes, it's made in Malaysia & imported by Sony India. Month of import was March 2014.

Since the TV is wall mounted the HDMI/MHL port was the most accessible one. So we gave the output from the D2H there. Didn't face any audio issues yet.

Few SD channels looked really good compared to others. But the picture quality was excellent compared to the demoed piece at the shop.

If I run my fingers through the edges of the TV after switching it on I feel very mild vibration on the fingers. Is anyone having it?

Lol U bought this tv for 58k, dealer wanted to get rid if a demo set. Where did you get this pricing?

Initially, even I thought so...but since it was only 170 hours, don't think it was about getting rid of Demo model....perhaps they did not have more fresh stock and hence tried to deliver whatever was available with them. Else would not have taken further 2 days to replace the set.

If I run my fingers through the edges of the TV after switching it on I feel very mild vibration on the fingers. Is anyone having it?

Yes, it's there in mine too...Further, when I was looking at LG 6910 at the showroom, I found this vibration there in that model as well...So not too much concerned, assuming its usual.

Pleased to report the purchase of sony w700b 42 inch version. Went for the w800b 50 inch initially before being knocked to senses by my wife. Cost of purchase Inr 61500 at Viveks, rajajinagar, Bangalore. Additional two year extended warranty cost me 5000 extra. Installation done today after payment was made yesterday. No complaints on the showroom, delivery and installation experience. Which is a straight A+ for Viveks and Sony. Even though I visited Sony showroom, the croma and viveks multi brand showrooms were more courteous and the sales guy at viveks was a walking user manual on at least 4 brands. He knew what was ARC, screen mirroring, , MHL, Wifi modes, different AV file formats and also informed the negatives of all brands. After that I just did not have the heart to search for a showroom which sold for less. So all in all a satisfactory buy - a model, which in my view is a right fit for SD and HD.

Continuing the above post...

Panel usage showed 0000-0003-0000.
Network recognition good; apps and browsing experience are not the greatest.
Looks are excellent from front view. Side view on a wall mount reveals a 5inch gap from the wall to TV. In other words, does not have a photo frame like fit.:annoyed:
Some photos (may not be useful as these are captured on a Moto G camera :lol:) :
1. At standby :
http://imageshack.com/a/img819/2528/g7nw.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img69/4736/ol6l.jpg

2. Scene from ratatouille HD1080i clip :
http://imageshack.com/a/img41/2803/ufwb.jpg

3. Scene from avatar bluray rip 720p :
http://imageshack.com/a/img594/5176/s85h.jpg

4.Airtel HD star sports HD 2 :
http://imageshack.com/a/img854/5729/mnhc.jpg

5.Airtel star sports 4 SD channel :
http://imageshack.com/a/img822/689/fj22.jpg

I bought this TV from Vijay Sales for 58000 today. Got a good deal I think. Will have to check usage hours from the info here.

I compared the TVs and this seemed to be a good choice. The contrast looks pretty good. I could find hardly any reviews on this TV. Probably because it's new? Can someone psst links here for reviews they've checked out?

There's a stuck pixel (name I got after searching in google where one pixel is bright and doesn't change) on the top right corner of the screen and the exact position is directly in front of the screw on the back. Nobody will pick it up in normal viewing and it's visible only in a black background when you go near the TV and stay at a distance of 1 ft and below. Not sure whether it's a pixel or the space between the pixels. My question is how harmful it is? Is it normal to have a stuck pixel on led tvs?

Last edited:
Thanks for the review link. It was informative. Are there are any more reviews? It seems this TV is not launched in US yet - and so a dearth of reviews.

Also, anyone has tweaked the calibration settings for this TV? What's the view? Or should we go ahead with the supplied ones?

All the LED TVs nowadays come with good presets as per HDTVtest. So it's better not to touch white balance settings and leave it as it is because the white balance settings are largely specific to each TV and can only be successfully adjusted with a calibration device and software.

I've made few changes to the other display settings. I got this from another forum. The settings were for another model. But it looked good when applied.

For Movies

Scene: Cinema
Picture Mode: Cinema 1
Backlight: 3
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 49
Colour: 48
Hue: 0
Colour Temp: Warm 1
Sharpness: 50
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG NR: Off
Dot NR: Off
Reality Creation: Manual
Resolution 15
Noise Filtering Min
Smooth Gradation: Low
Black Corrector: Off
Adv Contrast: Off
Gamma: -2
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Colour: Low
Detail Enhancer: Off
Edge Enhancer: Off
Skin Naturaliser: Off

Home>Settings>System Settings>Eco>Light Sensor: Off

Note

If you feel that the screen is dark increase the backlight value and also adjust the gamma value to -1 or 0. These settings are based on the lighting on your room.

If the picture on the tv on default settings is looking sharp for your eyes reduce the sharpness value

For Sports and TV

Same as above except - Backlight 7

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back