Sony Bravia KDL W700B - Buyers Thread

I think they haven't updated the pages properly. Specs of the TV shows it has got X-Reality Pro picture engine and bass reflex speakers.

Guys I am a newbie here.. Wonderful site and wonderful guys around..
I am planning to buy this piece this month. I am having a Nokia Lumia phone with Windows 8. Any body has an idea on any issues in connecting this TV with a windows 8 device?

TV SideView app is available for windows 8. So you can use your phone as a remote.

If your phone has wifi connectivity and supports NFC then you won't face any issues in connecting the TV to your phone.

settings you can try for sonyw700b....increase the back light if you watch with a lot of ambient light
Scene Select: Cinema

Picture Mode: Cinema 1

Backlight: 3 (Make sure you turn the Light Sensor off in System Settings/Eco)

Contrast: 80

Brightness: 50

Colour: 50

Hue: 0

Colour Temperature: Warm 2

Sharpness: 50

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Dot Noise Reduction: Off

Reality Creation: Manual

Video Area Detection: Off

Resolution: Low 0 - 20 (play with it depending on compression)

Smooth Gradation: Low

Motionflow: Off/True Cinema

Film Mode: Auto

Advanced Settings

Black Corrector: Off

Advanced Contrast Enhancer: Off

Gamma: -1

Auto Light Limiter: Off

Clear White: Off

Live Colour: Off

White Balance: Red Gain -3, Green Gain -8, Blue Gain 0, Red Bias 0, Green Bias 0, Blue Bias 0

Detail Enhancer: Off

Edge Enhancer: Off

Skin Naturaliser: Off

I was waiting for Panasonic to launch the 2014 models in India. But it seems like a long wait. I might just buy the W700B. What is lowest price anybody in forum has got in Bangalore/elsewhere? Also looking for a swivel wall mounting stand which can handle this 42" model.
Appreciate any pointers
--Thanks
Kuldeep

I was waiting for Panasonic to launch the 2014 models in India. But it seems like a long wait. I might just buy the W700B. What is lowest price anybody in forum has got in Bangalore/elsewhere? Also looking for a swivel wall mounting stand which can handle this 42" model.
Appreciate any pointers
--Thanks
Kuldeep

Lowest price quoted so far is 58000.

Lowest price quoted so far is 58000.

Which dealer is this? is it in Bangalore?
I am getting a quote of 56000 from Vaishali Electronics but they need 3 days notice. I confirmed that it is manufacturer's warranty. Anybody dealt with this dealer?

If you can go back to the previous pages you can find the user who quoted 58000. Not sure whether it's in Bangalore. 56000 is a good deal. Just tell them that you will check the usage hours via service menu and you don't accept it if you find that the TV is a demo piece.

Hi,
I am considering this Sony 42w700b as well. But I saw this model at my relatives house and I am getting 2nd thoughts. The display was UI response for "Smart" functionality was very sluggish.
I saw on sony website that the firmware update is available for this TV. Not sure if it will improve the responsiveness.

Can other owner's comment about their experience?

Here is the firmware update link FYI System Software Update (Version PKG2.112GAA) For Asia Pacific : Download : Sony India

Most of the users who bought this TV here doesn't use smart features much. Most of us are happy with the youtube app :eek:hyeah: If smart features are important it's better to consider Samsung 40F5500.

Most of the users who bought this TV here doesn't use smart features much. Most of us are happy with the youtube app :eek:hyeah: If smart features are important it's better to consider Samsung 40F5500.

Thanks!
I got inspired by another thread here about Toshiba TVs and ended up buying Toshiba 39L3300. Also W700B was a bit of a stretch for me.
So far happy with 39L3300. It has good display + sound + ethernet + Youtube app + 3yr warranty + fits in my budget :)

bought this tv after long research, didnt check this forum as i have just joined,its most amazing tv you can have in 42 inch segment .trust me guys i checked all LG samsung VU blah blah,but none came close to sony.i got this deal in 62k with 3000 rs cash back from citibank.
amazing picture quality
bit disappointed with volume level.i need to take volume to 65 70 level for normal listening,its when i connect tatasky hd to HDMI port.

other then this everything is amazing,i do control tv from sony android app name TV SIDE VIEW . i m planing to get yamaha yht 196 for my home,hope this combination will work fine :)

Congrats @rish1690 on your purchase. We've 10 owners now :eek:hyeah:

If you don't have any plan to play music on your HTIB from flash drives via USB port then Yamaha YHT-196 will be fine and is a good choice.

Last edited:
I'm not using any audio system now. I'm getting good sound from the TV by keeping the volume between 20-25. But I've plans to buy a good HTIB in the near future.

Hi,
I have booked this television today. I will get the delivery by tomorrow. My final price was 61k :yahoo:. Took that from Pai International Electronics, Attapur, Hyderabad. The store guys over there were some how pushing me a lot to go for Samsung Series 5 television with similar features. In my comparision during the demo, Sony was the clear winner. So, went ahead with it.
Really excited about this. Can't wait to connect it to my Yamaha YHT 299 and watch some cool HD stuff.
Thanks,
Sandeep.

Does anybody know if this TV is VESA compliant? I have ordered this TV but have it got the delivery yet. I need to buy a swivel mount for this TV. I cannot order unless i know the swivel stand will work for this TV? Can somebody post the pictures of rear side of this TV?

HI Guys Any one checked the 42w700b with 1TB or 500 gb external hard drive...seend in some forums that it displays the files randomely rather than in a order....also they said it loads slowly from the external hard disk where as the other models 32w700/R452a does this faster..Please do post your views..need to buy it today

HI Guys Any one checked the 42w700b with 1TB or 500 gb external hard drive...seend in some forums that it displays the files randomely rather than in a order....also they said it loads slowly from the external hard disk where as the other models 32w700/R452a does this faster..Please do post your views..need to buy it today

Reading from USB flash drive is faster than reading from External HDD. But the read speed is slow in my opinion. Also there's no folder structure. They will do a broad classification of the files. ie: All, Music, Movies, Picture.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back