Sony DVD Players and Upscaling through Y Cb Cr Output.

deba

Dear All,

Will Sony Upscaling DVD Players available with Sony India provide 720/1080 i/p video upscaling through Y Cb Cr Output of the DVD Player.

Most players upscale through HDMI Output but what about Y Cb Cr Output ?

Kindly discuss.

Thanks.

Sony generally wont upscale in component, but check with your specific model's brochure. The upscaling will typically be via HDMI. But why this concern?

The input of my projector does not have HDMI but only RGB (VGA).
Cannot connect HDMI directly to VGA (digital to analog).

All DVD Players can upscale to 720P through component output. Just make sure you get a decent cable. Beyond 720P, it is always better to use HDMI. If you are using only component, limit your scaling to 720P for best results.

Though technically a component cable can carry up to 1080P, they do not carry audio data. Thus most manufacturers expect you to transfer audio through S/PDIF or coaxial digital. This could lead to lip-sync issues, though most AVR's have a facility to handle that.

BTW, component in AV is called YPbPr and not YCbCr. YCbCr is used in digital photography.

Cheers

Venkat, you are right (As usual :). However, typically, the Sony DVD players without HDMI do not upscale. These might be specific to a model so its good for deba to check whether his dvd player can upscale in the first place.

I did a comparison with two of the currently available dvd players and they seem to indicate that the one without HDMI, although they could have upscaled, dont do it.

Product Comparison : DVD Player : Sony India

I stand corrected. All DVD players that have upscaling engine can upscale through component upto 720P.........

Cheers

Tested the Sony BDP S360 and it outputs blu ray / dvd at 720p and 1080i resolution.......:cool:)

Re:HDMI connection

can anybody suggest best way to connect this Philips DVD player (DVP 3388/94 HDMI 1080p upscaling) useing HDMI cable to full HD TV to get best video & audio through A/V receiver?

I want to connect this DVD player to HD TV (Sony Bravia 40inch W full HD) through A/V receiver (Yamaha RX-V861 HDMI).

Re: HDMI connection

can anybody suggest best way to connect this Philips DVD player (DVP 3388/94 HDMI 1080p upscaling) useing HDMI cable to full HD TV to get best video & audio through A/V receiver?

I want to connect this DVD player to HD TV (Sony Bravia 40inch W full HD) through A/V receiver (Yamaha RX-V861 HDMI).

Since your DVD player and AVR both have HDMI ports then connect this way:
DVD Player (HDMI)-> AVR (HDMI IN)-> AVR (HDMI out)-> Sony LCD(HDMI IN)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back