Sony GZR 888DA Speaker Set-Up - Plz Help

Kalyana Kumar

Hi,

I recently bought a Sony MHC-GZR888DA mini hifi component system. It has 2 front and 2 satellite speakers.

MHC-GZR888DA : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

I need to set up the speakers on the wall but im not sure about the height (from the floor) and the placement directions (straight / diagonal ) and the shape it should form after the placement (square / triangle / rectangle / trapezium). My living is 18x10 and my system is placed at the head of the living. Distance between my seating and the system is about 16 feet. My seating and my system are at opposite ends, almost touching the respective walls. I am generally moving around in the living at the centre when music plays. My music play is mostly audio. However i am hoping my re-arrangement of the speakers will also aid good movie sound effect when we are seated.

Can anyone please throw more light on this so i can work to set up the same? How do i place the speakers to derive maximum sound effect?

Each of the front speakers is 3 way bass reflex magnetically shielded, where Woofer is 180mm cone type, tweeter is 50 mm horn type and super tweeter is 40 mm horn type with Rated impedence of 8 ohms. Each satellite speaker, its a full range bass reflex 80 mm cone type, rated impedence is 24 ohms.

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back