Sony HT IV 300 - 4k passthrough issues when using Laptop

krunalhp

Hi,

I recently purchased sony HT IV 300 home theater system. It is connected to my Samsung QLED Q60R model using HDMI ARC.
My TV does not support DTS HD MA/Dolby TrueHD passthrough via HDMI arc which is a bummer since I am mostly watching 4K HDR content with loseless audio.

I have been trying to connect my Laptop to Sony HT which also has HDMI out which supports 4k passthrough. However, when I connected all the wires, it looks like my home theater reduces content quality from 4K to Full HD.

Thus it can play raw DTS HD MA or literally any audio format that is thrown to it but struggling to transmit 4K to my TV. My TV on the other hand can decode any video format given to it but cannot decode DTS/TrueHD. I tried many settings in Home theater but none has worked to my expectations.

I have lenovo Ideapad 330 which supports 4k via HDMI.

Can anyone advise what am I missing here ?

Hi,

I recently purchased sony HT IV 300 home theater system. It is connected to my Samsung QLED Q60R model using HDMI ARC.
My TV does not support DTS HD MA/Dolby TrueHD passthrough via HDMI arc which is a bummer since I am mostly watching 4K HDR content with loseless audio.

I have been trying to connect my Laptop to Sony HT which also has HDMI out which supports 4k passthrough. However, when I connected all the wires, it looks like my home theater reduces content quality from 4K to Full HD.

Thus it can play raw DTS HD MA or literally any audio format that is thrown to it but struggling to transmit 4K to my TV. My TV on the other hand can decode any video format given to it but cannot decode DTS/TrueHD. I tried many settings in Home theater but none has worked to my expectations.

Hi,

Hi
Did you find the solution, am planning to buy a cubetek q5pro media player which can pass lossless audio to iv300 but am not sure if iv300 can pass 4k hdr from q5pro to tv
Can you help me

Back