SONY India reduced prices on 2009 LCD TVs

GeoTracks

Visited Reliance Digital & Hypercity today. SONY LCD TV prices for all models, 32", 40", 46" etc. have been reduced. This is true for most series, viz: T, S, V & W. Did not check out higher than W series.

e.g.
KLV-40S550 is approx. 64K
KLV-40V550 is approx. 70K

KLV-32S550 is approx. 36K
KLV-32V550 is approx. 44K

Visited Reliance Digital & Hypercity today. SONY LCD TV prices for all models, 32", 40", 46" etc. have been reduced. This is true for most series, viz: T, S, V & W. Did not check out higher than W series.

e.g.
KLV-40S550 is approx. 64K
KLV-40V550 is approx. 70K

KLV-32S550 is approx. 36K
KLV-32V550 is approx. 44K

The sony website does not reflect this. Maybe reliance is giving this offer. The distributors said that they are awaiting price reduction during the diwali time. Maybe sony has reduced much earlier.

The sony website does not reflect this. Maybe reliance is giving this offer. The distributors said that they are awaiting price reduction during the diwali time. Maybe sony has reduced much earlier.

You are right. Normally SONY would have reduced prices around Diwali, but looks like they did it earlier. I too looked at the website and prices have not changed. However, when I was in HyperCITY yesterday, I saw the new prices. So, just to be sure it was not a store promotion, I then proceeded to Reliance Digital, where they too had the exact SAME prices. The sales guys there said that they had got an update from SONY to mark down prices and hence they reduced the prices.

sony is always late in updating their website,at times i have seen they goof up ,they put the new prices in the website much before informing the dealers,only to revert back to old price,after enquiry.

How much is the reduction? What were the approx street prices earlier?

KLV-40S550 is approx. 64K -- was about 69K
KLV-40V550 is approx. 70K -- was about 75K

KLV-32S550 is approx. 36K -- was about 39K
KLV-32V550 is approx. 44K -- was about 49K

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back