Sony MHC M40D - Should I buy?

Simole_broken

I am looking for a good music solution under 15K and came across an offer for the Sony MHC M40D. Has anyone heard this before? Any idea if this is a good deal and a good fit?

Room is around 2200 cu ft. I listen to anything from Indian classical to Jazz to EDM. The purpose is have music in the background when I work and also to pump out bass when partying. I can go upto 20k

Let me know if anything more is required.

I am looking for a good music solution under 15K and came across an offer for the Sony MHC M40D. Has anyone heard this before? Any idea if this is a good deal and a good fit?

Room is around 2200 cu ft. I listen to anything from Indian classical to Jazz to EDM. The purpose is have music in the background when I work and also to pump out bass when partying. I can go upto 20k

Let me know if anything more is required.
A powered speaker pair from Hivi with BT for streaming and digital inputs to connect a TV would beat this hollow anyday . Unless you want a CD/Dvd player .

A powered speaker pair from Hivi with BT for streaming and digital inputs to connect a TV would beat this hollow anyday . Unless you want a CD/Dvd player .
Your lookout though....coz you've said is there anything more that you could add. So you obviously like this & if it sounds good then you should go ahead.cheers

Thank you. This is what I needed to know.

Need to stick around this forum to know more about what's good and what's for me.

Thank you. This is what I needed to know.

Need to stick around this forum to know more about what's good and what's for me.
😁It's not what's good for you or what's bad, it's picking up the right gear that comes closest to what you're expecting & enjoying the same, untill you feel the need to upgrade and get something even better. You saw an offer for Sony & thought of buying it & that's exactly how many of us get stuck with gear that we don't want or don't like ,just coz it was cheap or on offer & then we want to upgrade again. Hence i suggested something like the Hivis that you can mix and match without having to upgrade often.
People mostly have content stored that they play or they prefer streaming ( use of cd/dvd is lesser) and since you want to play music in the background the Hivis are great since they are compact,yet they unleash havoc when you wanna have a party.You can stream from ur phone via BT or connect them to laptop /tv etc ,and mind you ( they can be very loud yet give you utmost detail while at low levels). Let's say in future u want to upgrade then these can be used instead of a soundbar.
It all depends on what you want, want it simpler then go with actives ,want something better then buy passive speakers along with an amplifier to power them etc (difficult in the budget you have ). I suggest you audition first & if that's not possible then check YouTube videos & you'll have a fair idea .
Just my two cents ....Cheers & tk care.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back