Sony STR DA 1200 ES Or Onkyo TX SR 605 Or Denon AVR 1507

sandip_d

Hi folks,
I am new to this forum. I am from New Bombay. Mostly I listen to hindi movie songs (old as well as recent ones) and watch movies. I have Denon Cassette Deck DRW 695, Denon Turntable DP -29F, Sony DVD player DVP NS575P, Norge 4242 Integrated amplifier, DNM (10+10) band graphic equaliser and localy assembled 3way speakers. Now I wish to retain the Cassette deck & turntable and add a good receiver, 5.1 speakers and DVD player. I have a budget of 100 K in two stages of 50K each. I want to purchase the receiver first, secondly the DVD player & finally speakers. I am confused with the receiver. Denon is within reach but I would rather wait for Sony and Onkyo is futuristics but expensive. Denon DVD Player DVD-1740 (@ 15 K) & Sony Receiver (@ 30 - 35 K if available) would be the nice pair. But Onkyo TX SR-605 is very highly rated. I wish to go for Q-accoustic 1010i 5.1 speaker setup. I request if anybody could help and suggest me the correct combination for my budget. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sandip_d

== Offtopic post ==
I can't give you a suggestion, but can you comment on the Norge 4242 Integrated amplifier you have?
How's the sound?

~dich

I have heard the Denon 1907 and it is great both with AV surround and music. I have no idea about the Sony though and I ma not sure if it is available in India. Also the Sony seems to be a digital amp.

I have also heard the older Onkyo series and I did not care much for them. I understand that their new series is absolutely stunning.

Thanks for suggestion on Denon 1907. Regarding Norge 4242, it is good amplifier with minor flaws. I have been using it for 4 year. I would you should have a look at Norge 2060.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back