Onkyo tx nr 616 or Denon avr 2313?

I would like to share yet an other experience with Onkyo Showroom Chennai...Really ashamed to tell this....

I had tentatively planned to buy the Onkyo receiver with around 40K budget..... One of my friend dad works in Kuwait...So he had asked me to check the prices in Kuwait too...xcite.com | Xcite Kuwait | Alghanim | Kuwait Shopping & Sharafdg in Dubai...

He also told me that he can help me getting the receiver from there...

When i checked a receiver for 40K, i came across Onkyo TX NR 818 for 230 KD (44K)....In india this one retails for 95K....:mad: Absolutely insane pricing....

So i decide to audition the product before i could make my final decision of buying it...So called up Onkyo showroom chennai. Waz enquiring abt the receiver...He didn't even acknowledge me & asked when am i buying it...

I told him prices are really expensive here compared internationally....He immediately told me to buy it from anywhere where i find it cheap...

So i asked him if i can take a demo of the product atleast.....I waz shocked to hear the response from him... He said " If you are not going to buy the product from me, why should i give you a demo " :eek:

I have bought 2 Onkyo HTIB products from them and have been a customer for the last 7 years....I def didn't expect this kind of treatment from them..

If i was in the same position as him, i would have told the customer that i can give good discounts on older models and see to that the customer is convinced and makes a purchase...

I decided that day & req my friend to help me get the receiver from Kuwait...

If i had bought it from India, i would have most probably bought 414/515 for around 45K....But got the 818 for the same price...

What these ppl forget many a time is that " The customer is the King "

Also, I had called thr Onkyo service center in Mumbai before buying it. They told me they can service it for a fee.

I would like to share yet an other experience with Onkyo Showroom Chennai...Really ashamed to tell this....

I had tentatively planned to buy the Onkyo receiver with around 40K budget..... One of my friend dad works in Kuwait...So he had asked me to check the prices in Kuwait too...xcite.com | Xcite Kuwait | Alghanim | Kuwait Shopping & Sharafdg in Dubai...

He also told me that he can help me getting the receiver from there...

When i checked a receiver for 40K, i came across Onkyo TX NR 818 for 230 KD (44K)....In india this one retails for 95K....:mad: Absolutely insane pricing....

So i decide to audition the product before i could make my final decision of buying it...So called up Onkyo showroom chennai. Waz enquiring abt the receiver...He didn't even acknowledge me & asked when am i buying it...

I told him prices are really expensive here compared internationally....He immediately told me to buy it from anywhere where i find it cheap...

So i asked him if i can take a demo of the product atleast.....I waz shocked to hear the response from him... He said " If you are not going to buy the product from me, why should i give you a demo " :eek:

I have bought 2 Onkyo HTIB products from them and have been a customer for the last 7 years....I def didn't expect this kind of treatment from them..

If i was in the same position as him, i would have told the customer that i can give good discounts on older models and see to that the customer is convinced and makes a purchase...

I decided that day & req my friend to help me get the receiver from Kuwait...

If i had bought it from India, i would have most probably bought 414/515 for around 45K....But got the 818 for the same price...

What these ppl forget many a time is that " The customer is the King "

Believe me I think its worthwile to do this:

Put this whole episode on a mail and send it to Onkyo world HQ in Japan. They dont tolerate stuff like this. Before you know it the dealer will be touching your feet in apology.

Believe me I think its worthwile to do this:

Put this whole episode on a mail and send it to Onkyo world HQ in Japan. They dont tolerate stuff like this. Before you know it the dealer will be touching your feet in apology.

Right buddy..Even i felt the same....But few days later, i didn't want to do it...

This incident happened in Onkyo Showroom, Alwarpet...They have opened an other showroom in Chennai called Prodigi, Mylapore....I met the manager there, who happens to be a very good friend of mine & informed him about what had happened....He felt very bad for what had happened & offered me a demo of 1009 & 3009...

Guys,
I'd like to chip in here! I live in the UAE. As you see the prices of these amps are priced higher in India due to whatever may be the reason. I dont want to get into a discussion on that!
The amps are definitely are cheaper here. These are hardy units. With a good Stabilizers/Power conditioners they should last longer. With power cuts and fluctuations its good to have an UPS. However for some reason should they break, the agency/dealer should be able to fix it for a fee. This is a risk one has to take.

There are cargo agents, who charge between Dhs 11-13 per Kilo. To Bangalore it takes 25 days by Air & 55-60 days by Ship. Off late they have started charging a 'duty' of 25-35% on the cost as well.
Do the maths. If you need anything from here do let me know. I am willing to help you guys out! After all We All Share a 'Common' interest.

Oh by the by way! Sometime back I tried to sell an Onkyo which I had shipped to Bangalore. This was for a friend who changed his mind by the time the amp got there. I posted it here. There were a few asking for ridiculous discounts, converting the UAE prices. They did not consider the what it cost me for shipping.

As for the Salesman in Chennai, he should get a stiff kick up his....

On another note, it looks like service for Denon in India is available only through ProfX. Please correct me if I am wrong. That too, only if we buy from Profx. If we happen to import, then we are at the mercy of local repair centres. Dont know if they are good enough. Considerable risk, if its true.

On another note, it looks like service for Denon in India is available only through ProfX. Please correct me if I am wrong. That too, only if we buy from Profx. If we happen to import, then we are at the mercy of local repair centres. Dont know if they are good enough. Considerable risk, if its true.

Profx is the the distributor for Denon & few other products in India...If you get yourself a Denon from abroad, which is outside warranty, they will charge you a fee for their service.....

Profx is the the distributor for Denon & few other products in India...If you get yourself a Denon from abroad, which is outside warranty, they will charge you a fee for their service.....

Thanks buddy.

But how is the service for Onkyo? for imported avrs?

Thanks buddy.

But how is the service for Onkyo? for imported avrs?

This is the first time that i have bough the AVR from abroad....Itz juz a month old :eek:hyeah:...

1 have owned 2 Onkyo receivers in the past spanning approx 8 yrs...& i never had a chance to take them to service center...:clapping:

other FM should can share their feedback on this topics...

Guys,
I'd like to chip in here! I live in the UAE. As you see the prices of these amps are priced higher in India due to whatever may be the reason. I dont want to get into a discussion on that!
The amps are definitely are cheaper here. These are hardy units. With a good Stabilizers/Power conditioners they should last longer. With power cuts and fluctuations its good to have an UPS. However for some reason should they break, the agency/dealer should be able to fix it for a fee. This is a risk one has to take.

There are cargo agents, who charge between Dhs 11-13 per Kilo. To Bangalore it takes 25 days by Air & 55-60 days by Ship. Off late they have started charging a 'duty' of 25-35% on the cost as well.
Do the maths. If you need anything from here do let me know. I am willing to help you guys out! After all We All Share a 'Common' interest.

Oh by the by way! Sometime back I tried to sell an Onkyo which I had shipped to Bangalore. This was for a friend who changed his mind by the time the amp got there. I posted it here. There were a few asking for ridiculous discounts, converting the UAE prices. They did not consider the what it cost me for shipping.

As for the Salesman in Chennai, he should get a stiff kick up his....

Hi Johny,

Can you please share the current price of the below models in Abu Dhabi and the dealer address who will give the best prices.

Onkyo-
NR-414
NR-515

Denon
avr-1513
avr-1713

Have sent a PM too..

Thanks for the help.
Sunil

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back