Critic my Home Theatre

manny9

Hi All,

First thanks for all the suggestion and comments. I am planning to upgrade my home theatre, currently I am having Onkyo HT-S6200 HTIB. Thought its a good system I really don't feel that I have good HT, in particular having issues with Center channel.

So the upgrade bug bit me and I have been reading a lot in this forum and other places. Based on my novice knowledge this is what I came up with, please provide your inputs and comments,

Room : Living Room
Measurements : 16'3'' / 13'9'' (including furniture others)
budget : 1.5 lacs including sub and AVR
Setup : 5.1

Front : TSX440T - FLOOR STANDER
Center : TSX250C - CENTER SPEAKER
Surrounds : OWM 3 Surrounds
Sub : PSW 125 or DSW PRO 550
AVR : Denon X2000 or 2313

I am getting Denon 2313 AVR at 50K (MRP 79K) as this model is getting discontinued from a local vendor, he has one sealed piece. Should I got for it?

I went to ProFx in Phoenix Mall Bangalore to audition these speakers and liked them. The original budget was 1 lac and now stretched 50K more. Somehow don't want BS, wanted to have a system which will go on for next 4 yrs at least....

Please let me know your comments....thanks

Last edited:
^^^ Wow its surprising, to see how exactly your situation, matches mine.

1. Even I have Onkyo 6200 as my current HT.
2. Even I am in process of upgrading, with a dedicated room and projector based HT
3. Even I have decided to go with all polk speakers.

The only two different thing is the AVR and the surround.

1. AVR I bought is DENON x1000
2. Surrounds instead of OWM 3 I have opted for Polk TSx110B, as reviews for OWM were not satisfactory.

What are you using as display, projector or TV. I bought ESPON 2030 as my projector.

Last edited:
Thanks Sam, your post was the inspiration for my upgrade :) I thought about projector but don't have the budget for it now, also this is going to be in living room , I am still not convinced that i should have a PJ in living room....

Currently I have Samsung 7 series 40 inches LED TV - UA40B7000. Excellent TV and its been with me for last 3 years. May be in a year I will upgrade to a bigger TV or to a projector. Just waiting for 4K displays price to come down....

Ok I will check out TSx110B surrounds , that way they all will be in same series and I can have Timbre match (whatever that means !!!!)

Which Sub did you go for? I was thinking DSW PRO 550*so that I will have the flexibility to place anywhere in my room, but it cost 10K more than PSW 125

When you did the review of the speakers were they with the same receiver? If possible, do so as it would give you a good idea of the match and the power capability of the avr.

NO receiver was DENON but not x1000 some other, wonder how much difference would that had made.

When you did the review of the speakers were they with the same receiver? If possible, do so as it would give you a good idea of the match and the power capability of the avr.

I did with Denon X3000 and as per the Profx guy and from internet looks like this is successor of 2313...I agree with you i will try to get audition done with the same AVR...

Other than that you think this setup is fine?

SAM : did you get a chance to check between TSX250C and 150C? If you think 150C is good enough I can save few bucks there...

I did with Denon X3000 and as per the Profx guy and from internet looks like this is successor of 2313...I agree with you i will try to get audition done with the same AVR...

Other than that you think this setup is fine?

I think the speakers might be better off with more power or you can buy lower spec speakers. For ex. 150c instead of 250c.

While specs are not a good indicator, the denon can output a max. of 100w per channel when all are running, so practically may be around 50-80 in mid-range.

Thats the reason I was asking for you to test with the sam avr, so you shouldnt feel underwhelmed. Also, in a typical living room, there is a lot of furniture which will absorb sound so you would need to make sure that it sounds great at lower volumes too.

SAM : did you get a chance to check between TSX250C and 150C? If you think 150C is good enough I can save few bucks there...

No not with 250C, but with monitor audio centre, I thought 150C was better. also with the room dimensions I have 150C is more than sufficient. Case might differ with you if you have a bigger room

NO receiver was DENON but not x1000 some other, wonder how much difference would that had made.

Oh I thought the Question was for me .... apologies ...:eek:

Sam, do you mind sharing the price for all the speakers and AVR? Just wanted to compare with the quote i will be getting in Bangalore...

I think i messed up the measurements. Its 16'3'' / 13'9'' wall to wall. The distance between the front FS speakers to sofa is 9 feet. One side is french window which leads to the sit out and garden and other side the foyer...pls suggest....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back