Sony TC fx 6C Cassette Deck

Sanjay Khanna

I am interested in buying a Sony TC fx 6C Cassette Deck from a seller in Munbai. He is offering it for sale " in mint condition " for Rs 8000/- including packing and shipping. The advice I am seeking from our Forum members is :-
a) Is this a good Deck to buy b) Is the price right ? Would welcome all advice and suggestions from our members. I have not seen the Deck myself as I don't live in Mumbai.

Sanjay,

I might have my old Onkyo Cassette Player in storage.
Will check and see if it is in running condition.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards.

most used tape decks in india have worn heads, possibly other issues which might be concealed by a shiny exterior. Buy one only if you know cassette decks inside out or at a price which has room to budget for a few repairs

Thanks a lot for your advice, I do need a cassette Deck as I have a lot of good music recorded over the last 40 years, on various Decks. My Onkyo RW 255 may not be revive able so I need a back up. Not many options available in Hyderabad.But I do see your point. Cheers
Sanjay

other option is to find a service guy who knows how to work on these decks. probably hyd fm's can help. they you can get them to evaluate your deck (you'll probably end up knowing them well soon)

btw, I am a bit careful or sellers who also do service as there is a bit of inherent conflict of interest
https://www.olx.in/item/akai-stereo-casette-deck-no-gx-f25-good-ID17HgjH.html#eae79dfdc4
have you checked this one? if still running the original head, should be a good deal

Last edited:
What about the Cassette Deck on older Sony Hifi systems (MHC GNV5d etc) , used ones are quite cheap nowadays - most of them come with the advantages of the remote in addition to Speakers & DVD player changers etc...

Ah, thats a phrase I am familiar with as I am a Lawyer !!!! I guess one has to trust one's luck in this.
Did you buy a Sony Cassette Deck?
I needed one too.
I'm getting a well maintained Sony Mhc GNV5d with 5 speakers and remote at 5k, it plays DVD ACDs too. It's it a good deal?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back