Sony Vs Samsung - After sales service

rawatrajesh77

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a full HD LCD TV, locked on two Samsung LA40A550P1 & Sony-KLV-40V400A (too costly), with preference to Samsung (value for money). Now the problem is that I've read at some public forums that after sale experience with samsung is very disappointing.

Can anyone share after sale experience with samsung. Also pl drop in comment on the 2 TVs I have shortlisted.

well sonys after sales service is indeed better then samsung.
the sony V series has higher contrast ration and lesser input la compared to the samsung,sony lcds also are slightly more efficient in terms of power consumption being voted the green award for 2008.

so its upto the customer whether he or she is willing to pay the premium for that extra bit of performance.

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a full HD LCD TV, locked on two Samsung LA40A550P1 & Sony-KLV-40V400A (too costly), with preference to Samsung (value for money). Now the problem is that I've read at some public forums that after sale experience with samsung is very disappointing.

Can anyone share after sale experience with samsung. Also pl drop in comment on the 2 TVs I have shortlisted.

Any reason for not short-listing the SONY KLV-40S400A? Except for the looks, it is identical to Sony-KLV-40V400A and costs lesser.

Any reason for not short-listing the SONY KLV-40S400A? Except for the looks, it is identical to Sony-KLV-40V400A and costs lesser.

Only diff (if I'm correct) is of DM port....But had a look at both - HD content, DTH and DVD....V series seemed to be better than S in preset mode (although both hv same configuration)

Hi,
I have a Samsung 5 series 32 inch Full HD TV purchased during Dec 2008. Initially I was planning to purchase the Sony V series. Then after I read reviews of the 5 Series and then considering the fact that it si Full HD and costs less, I made the decision to buy the Samsung.

I find the TV to be excellent. Very natural colors. Coupled with the Samsung 1080pi DVD player, the output is brilliant.

Now coming to the service. As I undersand it, the service is outsourced and is handled by local groups. However, I find teh Samsung service to be very good. I had rather strange problem with my TV and hence this comment. One day while watching the TV, power went off. I thought it was the regular power cut. But then it did not come back after a long time and on enquiring I found out that the ELCB has tripped. I switched it on and the moment I swtiched on the TV, it again tripped. I then called the Samsung service and they came the same day. What they found was interesting. The TV is wall mounted. The guy who came to install the TV had forgotton to close the gap under the TV when he removed the stand. A lizard had got into the TV through this gap and it went into the SMPS of the TV. So when the TV was switched on, the lizard came in the way and the ELCB tripped. Samsung replaced the SMPS free of charge.

Their appraoch also was very professional. They first confirmed your complaint by asking you to comfirm your details. Then once the complaint has been attended to, they will again call you and ask your comments.

Thanks

Rajendran

Till such time you are under the warranty period, then the service could be fast tracked by escalating. Outside of it, its a pot shot. Fortunately I have not had issues with my Samsung for > 3 yrs. If you read around, some folks have pretty bad experience with other manufacturers as well but this is again not consistent across the board.

Hi all,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back