Sound-proofing in Mumbai

k-pad

Hi all,
Have been enjoying this forum from the outside for a long time.
Planning a small 3.1 set up in a 10x12 room. Thinking of either an SPL-100 or a SB 1000 pro for the sub.
1. An absolute condition is that there should be no vibes passing to the downstairs neighbour.
2. A second concern is, of course, not letting any noise out into the neighbouring rooms, which will be the family bedroom on one side and the living room on the other.

Will the SVS Soundpath address the first condition completely or would I need to spend on redoing the floor?
And how should one go about ensuring that sound does not escape to the other rooms of the house? Will it cost a lot?

The internal walls are made of concrete blocks and the floor separation to the neighbour below is concrete.
Thank you all again. Have picked up so much from various threads over the months.

PS: Don't know if I am posting this in the right place, so if I need to move this elsewhere, please let me know.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back