Soundbar - Yamaha YAS209, Samsung Q60T and Samsung HW T670 - Need help to decide

avik86

Hi all,

I am looking for a decent soundbar to connect with my Samsung 4k HDR tv.
Requirement-
1. Crystal clear vocal for tv shows (Hotstar/Amazon Prime) and Tata sky HD channels
2. Loud surround sound with thumping bass for console gaming in PS4 Pro/PS5
3. Decent music listening experience.
Previously I thought about buying JBL bar 3.1 but due to too much bass I am gong to pass on that. I had a demo of Q60T and T670, seems Q60T (Soundbar itself) has overall better soundstage with acoustic beam technology but not able to figure out properly how it will be compare to HW T670 with rear speaker kit for long run to suit all my requirement. Never had chance to get a demo of YAS209 but checked so much positive reviews for that one. So I am really confused now which one to buy.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you.

Hello friends- I joined the forum recently and really need valuable opinion on Soundbar.

I am looking for a decent soundbar to connect with my Samsung 4k HDR tv.
Requirement-
1. Crystal clear vocal for tv shows (Hotstar/Amazon Prime) and Tata sky HD channels
2. Loud surround sound with thumping bass for console gaming in PS4 Pro/PS5
3. Decent music listening experience.

Previously I thought about buying JBL bar 3.1 but due to too much bass I am gong to pass on that. I had a demo of Q60T and T670, seems Q60T (Soundbar itself) has overall better soundstage with acoustic beam technology but not able to figure out properly how it will be compare to HW T670 with rear speaker kit for long run to suit all my requirement. Never had chance to get a demo of YAS209 but checked so much positive reviews for that one. So I am really confused now which one to buy.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, out of the 3 shortlisted SB, i would suggest go with HW T670 - One it will be perfect match with your HDR TV, it has rear speaker kit which is kind of added advantage over Q60T & give you option to enjoy movies in true 5.1

Its my personal observation YAS209 subwoofer is not up to the mark & i think HW T670 wireless sub is better. Wireless Sub gives you the freedom to place it in sweet-spot anywhere in the room. Auditioning is the key & decide based on which sounds good to your ears ;)

cheers,

Q60r or get the q800t from local shops. Should be around 34k or so.

When you can, add the wireless rear kit and you will have a very good setup.

q800t just with dolby atmos support extra compare to q60t. Correct me if I am wrong. I can add rear speaker to q60t also correct to make it 5.1 setup rather just spending almost 10k extra for q800t just for atmos support.
Also what is the difference between q60r and q60t in terms of sound quality as I don't find the q60r anywhere in the store or even flipkart/amazon.

In the past, I used, YAS207 and it was quite good in both Movies and Music. So, I am hoping YAS209 will perform similarly if not better.

Anyone can confirm the actual loudness difference between q800t and q60t because technicallyq800t-330w and q60t-360w.So 30w less than q60t. As I need to set up the soundbar in pretty large living room so loudness matters upto some extent along with voice clarity and bass. I know lower frequency response for subwoofer of q60t is bad compare to q800t as per rtings.com review but is it really matter for music/gaming?

frequency response matters for nice rumbling bass response, 30w loudness wont be much issue. Q800T would be better for the price.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back