Sourcing 90s Bollywood...best SQ?

Hi - Share your experience in more detail - about shipping ,customs charges . did you get it delivered here in Mumbai etc . Total order value any cancellations or out of stock cd's etc ...

I saw some soundtracks which I am thinking of ordering
Hi,
I usually buy CDs from ebay.co.uk. And there few things to consider when you are purchasing CDs from any international online portal.

1) If you are buying any items from Ebay or any international online portal then talk to seller and request him to quote the invoice value or item value under £40 or $54 or within 4000 rupees. Declaring the item value within 4000 rupees won't attract custom duty. I would say request them the quote the item invoice value as low as possible, may be $10 to $15
2) Always choose shipping method with tracking. or else you will find very hard time to track your order and there are chances of loosing your order. Even one of my order lost during transit. However you can claim for a refund if you have ordered via paypal.

Regards,
Bizi

I grew up listening to 90s Bollywood.
Currently listening to them on Tidal and SQ is abysmal for many tracks (except AR Rahman's). Very bright and tinny. I often have to use the equaliser in my Roon so my ears don't bleed.

Are the CDs any better?
We used to listen to them in cassettes which isn't an option, and they are not old enough for them to be nicely recorded in vinyl.

Any audiophiles here listening to 90s bollywood?
Not sure how this online site is & the quality of the vinyls & cd's they sell. They are based in Kandival (E), Mumbai & deliver across India. Seems to have quite a lot of Bollywood collection . You can check with them.

Not sure how this online site is & the quality of the vinyls & cd's they sell. They are based in Kandival (E), Mumbai & deliver across India. Seems to have quite a lot of Bollywood collection . You can check with them.

I have procured quite a few LPs and CDs from Music Circle. The owner Mr. Pilak Bhat is a very fine gentleman.
So far my experience has been very good dealing with him.
There is also a thread on the forum based on which I started to explore buying from him.

Ordered some Bollywood CDs from

Got the delivery today.
I also ordered some Bollywood CDs from the same site and I got the bank confirmation of my payment but there was no response or acceptance of the order from the site Moreover there is no provision on the site page where I can check my order status etc.Can you please share your experience regarding the same?

I also ordered some Bollywood CDs from the same site and I got the bank confirmation of my payment but there was no response or acceptance of the order from the site Moreover there is no provision on the site page where I can check my order status etc.Can you please share your experience regarding the same?
Hi
I got this confirmation on 22nd Nov ; on 25th got another confirmation that the order is in progress. On 18th Dec that the order has been despatched ; no tracking information and on 24th Dec, I received it .

Attachments

• 338A37C0-21D5-4E7A-BED1-AC4608E885D9.png
    338A37C0-21D5-4E7A-BED1-AC4608E885D9.png
    553.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi
I got this confirmation on 22nd Nov ; on 25th got another confirmation that the order is in progress. On 18th Dec that the order has been despatched ; no tracking information and on 24th Dec, I received it .
Hi
I also got the same confirmation via mail yesterday.Now it means I have to be patient and wait for their further responses.Thanks for the information you provided.

Can we download from Tidal and play after subscription ends?
I don’t think you can do that with any streaming app. That would be like owning the track - streaming only gives you access (as long as you are subscribed) and not ownership.

In Gaana you can continue to play but in the app only
I have not checked in any other app. Not much into streaming

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back