South Indian Carnatic Classical Music

hi

is this available on CD ?

regards
Hi, yes, it's available on CD but at the moment it appears to be sold out on Amazon. Manorama music has listed it as available on their website, but I've never bought from them before. Alternately, you can get the MP3 from itunes

Last edited:
1595318720555.png

This is one of the most brilliant sets of Carnatic song and music. I must confess that I'm a huge fan of Dr. MBK and go into tearful raptures listening to him. Much to the puzzlement of my children :) I have this album in digital format (from iTunes) but have no access to the liner notes, if any. All the pieces are composed by Dr. MBK and apart from his genius, the brilliance of the other musicians, especially the Mridangam player is something else. Does anyone know who the other musicians on these recordings are? I will be greatly indebted if anyone can give the details. Also, except for some glitches (a bit of panning and a few other defects), the mastering and the recording of this album is outstanding. Daman Sood, I guess.

Thank you so much ... did you listen to this album as well? i find it very intense, especially Omkara Karini. There are parts in it where I can't make out whether it is the violinist or the tambura player, as it is extremely subtle and just there in the background, brilliantly complementing the vocals and adding micro variations that add so much beauty.

Thank you so much ... did you listen to this album as well? i find it very intense, especially Omkara Karini. There are parts in it where I can't make out whether it is the violinist or the tambura player, as it is extremely subtle and just there in the background, brilliantly complementing the vocals and adding micro variations that add so much beauty.
Yes heard it many years back - I have it in my collection. I dont recall my emotional response to this album now but I did listen many times and remember liking it enough to play it a few times...

G

I was looking at some other forums, and I cam across some conversations regarding the quality of US Pressed EMI CD's. I have 2 Albums in my collection pressed by Technicolor around 1995. The SQ was better than streaming quality so I didn't think to much of it. Could I get some more insight about this?

Back