space speakers

Thanks for the link but it isn't working :confused:

BTW, are these speakers any good? I've been considering buying them....

Thanks for the link but it isn't working :confused:

BTW, are these speakers any good? I've been considering buying them....

By good what exactly you ,mean ? in the sense whats your plans from brand ?? are you planning to buy their sat-sub combi or towers or bookshelf ?? whats the main purpose of these speakers that you plan to buy ?? movie or music ?? and Next whats the Amp ?? which brand and type (AVR or Stereo)

Most importantly whats the budget that you have allocated for them ( or why have you shortlisted Space ??)

Please do let us know bout it so that we can comment properly !!

Regards.

i have heard them they are a replica of the bose system, at a much cheaper price, you can find them at music ranch in bangalore, hes a dealer for these i suppose, heres his number 26532145. the speakers are ok! nothing great, prob used in restaurants for the small size.

I have the follwing pair for sale. just 2 weeks old.
Bought as a temporary setup with my Marantz. Planning to buy wharf floorstanders.
If anybody interested, let me know.
Product7

hmm,interesting stuff.what do u feel they lack as compared to other mainstream 'brands'?cheers

I am interested in upgrading my audio set-up. Basically this is what I have right now:

Space Audio 2.0 Satellite Speakers
JBL Power20 Amplifier
KOK Subwoofer - 16Hz - 160Hz, 6.5", 30W (RMS) 60W (Max)
ASUS Xonar Essence STX

I have a very varied listening taste, however I would plan on using this system for mainly rock, pop and hip-hop. So, a high end subwoofer would be good. The room I am in is not very big, but I would like to get something that would work in the future if I were to move into a bigger room.

Bear in mind this system is primarily for music listening but as it is attached to my computer, it should be reasonably decent for gaming and movies (but these are less of a priority).

Essentially I came across this forum as I was unable to find any other mention of the elusive Space Speakers. I found them amongst my father's music collection and he wasn't using them so I hooked them up.

They sound pretty good to me, but what is the communities consensus on these speakers? I am considering getting rid of my KOK sub woofer (which has a very "muddy" sound) and buying the Space Audio sub woofer that comes with it's 2.1 system. Is this recommended? Would my JBL Power20 amplifier be able to handle all of that? Would it complement my ASUS sound card?

Thanks for the help!

Abhi, you are in Singapore. I would suggest you go to Adelphi and audition a few speakers. Ask for the price, and work out your budget. Then go again and audition speakers within that budget. You will find hundreds of speakers that will beat the Space speakers hollow in sound.

Cheers

Abhi, you are in Singapore. I would suggest you go to Adelphi and audition a few speakers. Ask for the price, and work out your budget. Then go again and audition speakers within that budget. You will find hundreds of speakers that will beat the Space speakers hollow in sound.

Cheers

So much variety in Adelphi! Any suggestions for speakers? Just generally solid entry level speakers with a sub and an amp.

Just the usual suspects:

1. Speakers: Wharfedale, Quads, Ushers, Mordaunt Short, PSBs, Dynaudio, B&W, Acoustic Energy, EPOS, DefTech....

2. Amplifiers: NAD, CA, Rotel, Parasound, Primare, Creek, Cyrus,

The prices are quite varied. That is the reason I asked you to go first without a budget and decide what you like. read the specification and details on the Net, finalise your budget, and then do a shortened audition.

Cheers

Just the usual suspects:

1. Speakers: Wharfedale, Quads, Ushers, Mordaunt Short, PSBs, Dynaudio, B&W, Acoustic Energy, EPOS, DefTech....

2. Amplifiers: NAD, CA, Rotel, Parasound, Primare, Creek, Cyrus,

The prices are quite varied. That is the reason I asked you to go first without a budget and decide what you like. read the specification and details on the Net, finalise your budget, and then do a shortened audition.

Cheers

Thanks for that. I was considering the Wharfedale 10.1 with a complementary subwoofer (not sure which one but it was Wharf as well). Or AudioEngine A5 was also recommended.

Apparently someone mentioned that my JBL Power20 Amp is good enough to power the speakers so I don't think I'll be needing to upgrade the amp.

I was considering the Wharfedale 10.1 with a complementary subwoofer (not sure which one but it was Wharf as well). Or AudioEngine A5 was also recommended.

Both are good in their own way. The AE A5 are meant to be used with computers and may have a smallish sound stage.

Cheers

Both are good in their own way. The AE A5 are meant to be used with computers and may have a smallish sound stage.

Cheers

Thanks for the food for thought!

Not too sure between the A5 and the Wharf 10.1/2 I guess I'll listen to both side by side and see which I prefer.

Any suggestions for a sub to accompany either of those?

Both of them come with their own subs, which, in most cases, may be the best bet.

Cheers

As in are they built into the speakers or do they come with the speakers? I have heard that they aren't as good as having a separate one. Of course I will go and test them out!

Thanks for the food for thought!

Not too sure between the A5 and the Wharf 10.1/2 I guess I'll listen to both side by side and see which I prefer.

Any suggestions for a sub to accompany either of those?

Watchout for the other components when you audition as the Audio Engine is a powered speaker while the Wharf's aren't

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back