Speaker Advice for Onkyo TX-SR606

Vijay_s

I am planning to buy Onkyo TX-SR606 . This is a 7.1 AMP. But I am planning to use only 5 speakers initially. My usage is almost regular for music and occasionally for movie. Can any one please advise me Good speaker system under 30K.
As I mentioned earlier I prefer better quality for music. Can i initially go for a 2 speaker system and later expand it?

You are on a right track - 2 front good quality speakerswill be a good way to start.
Wharfdales and Missions are the favorites on this forum for budget towers. You may also go for bookshelves that are good quality.

Thanks ANM thanks for quick reply,
This amp is 175 W/Ch Minimum into 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven,,
Can I use any speakers for this AMP or is there any pre-requisite while selecting a speaker, something like speaker wattage... etc

First of all, wattage rating at 1khz is not rms rating. Pls look for rms rating for 20-20k htz.
Even if it is 80watts, I think it should be able to drive all speakers well in this budget range. Do not worry too much about wattage of speakers. Look for impedance - should not be too low (8ohms to 6 ohms) and sensitivity - higher the better.

JAMO D590 and canton speakers

GENTLEMEN,

HELLO

I HVE JUST JOINED THE GROUP AND MY GREETINGS TO ALL MUSIC LOVERS.

I HAVE BOUGHT JAMO D590 SPEAKERS WHICH ARE RUNNING ON YAMAHA 760 SERIES.

ANY OPINION ABOUT THESE .

FURTHER SHALL APPRECIATE YR COMMENTS ON CANTON ERGO SERIES SPEAKERS - I FOUND THEM TO BE ON OF THE BEST SO FAR

Welcome Page
Home.

REGARDS

MASOOD AHMED
RIYADH
KSA
[email protected]

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back