speaker advice

bg1957

Hi all,
I have tried many speakers from thiel, avalon morel and so on but was never happy with the sound. My equipments are mark levinson pre 38s, bryston 7st mono blocks and moon 1.0 cdp. I need suggestion and advice weather monitor audio platinum bookself will be good.

I don't mind buying used speakers and am ready to spend 1.0 lac and above.

experts pl look into my matter and help me end my speaker hunt for ever.
bg1957

You are in Mumbai, you are in luck. There are a number of dealers of hifi in Mumbai. My advice for you is - make a shortlist of speakers you would like to audition and place you need to go for that. Then speak to dealers and ask for home audition, many might agree. If not, take your gear with you and audition with your gear with your music. The sound will be much like what you will experience at your home. So if you like something in that audition, chances are that you will like it at home too. All the best.

Some contenders: Monitor Audio that you mentioned, Dali Helicon series, Proac Response, Harbeth monitor, Focal Lab Chorus series, Usher.

the monitor audio pairs very well with the bryston. good value for those speakers considering the competition. but still expensive at about 10000 dollars odd in america. i believe will be more expensive here

Wondering what did you not like in the sound from Thiel, Avalon and Morel... Are you sure the problem is in the speakers and not in other factors like - room acoustics, cables & interconnects, power conditioning even?

would suggest to try out Focal Utopia diablo series, they are pretty expensive but well worth the money.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back