Speaker Burn-In Tips

Exactly boys!

It HAS TO BE PLAYED AT MODERATELY LOUD VOLUMES. Preferably over extended periods of time. BTW, my ISOTEK CD has arrived! Now the next 800 hrs or so will be dedicated burn in between the Isotek Track 2 and some of real listening in the evenings!

How much time you recommed for a wharfdale 9.6 and CS?

2-3 days of continous burn in (100 hrs) approx. you'll see a huge difference!

where can i get this Isotek cd?
if this is not readally avaliable can i use FM in untuned station?
i did a search on the net and was able to find torrents of ISOtek enhancer, can i use these from a pen drive?

one speaker in phase and the other out of phase mean's
  1. for left speaker - red of reciever to red of speaker
  2. for right speaker - red of reciever to black of speaker and visa vasa right?
i also need some tips to set-up my reciever to my new speakers in term of settings and frez, hz and all those complex words.... can you help.. should i send you a PM.

I use a Onkyo SR 606.

where can i get this Isotek cd?
if this is not readally avaliable can i use FM in untuned station?
i did a search on the net and was able to find torrents of ISOtek enhancer, can i use these from a pen drive?

one speaker in phase and the other out of phase mean's
  1. for left speaker - red of reciever to red of speaker
  2. for right speaker - red of reciever to black of speaker and visa vasa right?
i also need some tips to set-up my reciever to my new speakers in term of settings and frez, hz and all those complex words.... can you help.. should i send you a PM.

I use a Onkyo SR 606.

for isotek cd i have already given the link in one of the posts above!
you can also use the FM tuner on a blank band.

and yes, you got the in-phase out-phase absoutely right!

have fun!

Hi Prem and Malvia

I have downloaded the Isotek burn in CD few months back , can a downloaded cd be used for break in. Or is it the freq are not that correct and so the speakers do not burn in properly.

In fact I advocate buying pre-owned speakers whole heartedly! Albeit, if you know its owners and how they've handled it... Sometimes one finds that the owners really misuse their speakers.

But what about those speakers which have been sold to unsuspecting buyers by wily peddlers after this:

Scratched during Transport / Box Damaged / Packing material missing:rolleyes:

@malvai & others:

- Although the usefulness of external DACs itself is a subjective issue, but I was wondering if its necessary that speakers be broken-in before attempting to check the performance of an externally connected DAC ? I am asking because I was thinking of getting a DAC, and if burn-in of speakers is a precondition, I'd rather wait.

- Also, another thing I've noticed is that suggested burn-in time periods by various folks across different forums & sites vary a lot. For eg., you suggested a burn-in time for about 500 hrs for Quad 11Ls while I have read opinions for those vary from "50 hours", "a few weeks", "200-300 hours" etc.
Although I know there are some esoteric calculations that can probably give a good approximate, but this much variation in opinions is really confusing. I personally however like the sound as is, so am not sure if I'll notice a change either way (ear training in progress !).

for isotek cd i have already given the link in one of the posts above!
you can also use the FM tuner on a blank band.

and yes, you got the in-phase out-phase absoutely right!

have fun!

i cant find it atleast on this thread, could you be kind enough to pm or or the same

Curious - but how does one abuse speakers? I would love to know. :)

PS: Here is the aftermath of a failed speaker burn-in test

paper%20godown3.JPG

Cheers

Bro, was listening to a system at someone's place in Delhi. The guy kept cranking up the volume. Eventually his woofer popped out of the housing! The guy nonchalantly says 'it'll be repaired in a jiffy". Now that's abuse and more abuse! And this visual context you've provided is too funny!

How much time you recommed for a wharfdale 9.6 and CS?

Wharfies should be burnt-in in about 200 hours. Put atleast 15 wpc through them.

Hi Prem and Malvia

I have downloaded the Isotek burn in CD few months back , can a downloaded cd be used for break in. Or is it the freq are not that correct and so the speakers do not burn in properly.

Dude, if its an illegal download, avoid. Its not right and its not gonna do you too much good due to lower bitrate. Please inculcate the habit of using licensed stuff.

But what about those speakers which have been sold to unsuspecting buyers by wily peddlers after this:

Heaven help the buyer, captrajesh. Which is why I say buy from only people whom you know.

@malvai & others:

- Although the usefulness of external DACs itself is a subjective issue, but I was wondering if its necessary that speakers be broken-in before attempting to check the performance of an externally connected DAC ? I am asking because I was thinking of getting a DAC, and if burn-in of speakers is a precondition, I'd rather wait.

- Also, another thing I've noticed is that suggested burn-in time periods by various folks across different forums & sites vary a lot. For eg., you suggested a burn-in time for about 500 hrs for Quad 11Ls while I have read opinions for those vary from "50 hours", "a few weeks", "200-300 hours" etc.
Although I know there are some esoteric calculations that can probably give a good approximate, but this much variation in opinions is really confusing. I personally however like the sound as is, so am not sure if I'll notice a change either way (ear training in progress !).

Ideally alcy, one should check DAC's and cdps and amps with the gear you will be using them with. That too in the environment you will be putting it in eventually - OVER A COUPLE OF DAYS.

And yes, you'll get the true picture on the DAC on properly burnt-in speakers.

for the 11L's 200 hours is usually good enough. There wont be drastic difference even after 200 hrs. but you'll notice that the HF's become a wee bit mor erefines and the LF's become tight. The mid range becomes wholesome. Just a bit. But overall, on louder volumes: AMAZING! try it buddy.

Bro, was listening to a system at someone's place in Delhi. The guy kept cranking up the volume. Eventually his woofer popped out of the housing! The guy nonchalantly says 'it'll be repaired in a jiffy". Now that's abuse and more abuse! And this visual context you've provided is too funny!

Wharfies should be burnt-in in about 200 hours. Put atleast 15 wpc through them.

what do you mean by WPC? sorry if its a stupid questions !

Can anyone from Bangalore who already has the isotek cd lend it to me for a couple of day please....
Better you buy your own. No, it is not because burn-in takes a while and owners need the CD for their routine weekly burn-in. It is because the message in malvai's post (quoted below) has not burnt-in properly:p

Please inculcate the habit of using licensed stuff.

Better you buy your own. No, it is not because burn-in takes a while and owners need the CD for their routine weekly burn-in. It is because the message in malvai's post (quoted below) has not burnt-in properly:p

Looks like the only way to buy this by asking anyone from the UK to ship it..... do you know of stores or vendor who sell this ?

how do you do this... i only know of the volume knob.. the max on my AVR is 72. ..please guide

Ok, see either we use a sound meter, or we make an approximation. How many watts is your avr?

100 wpc?

The 15 RMS would be at approximately 25 or 30 setting.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back