Speaker cable blue jeans/DAC

Most of my cabling is from BJC though purchased from their US store. They are excellent for audio and video applications and compare very well with higher priced competitors like Monster, DAC, VDH etc.

Their customer service is also above par.

What are you expecting to use these for?

Hi,

I am planning to buy only the speaker cables. I will be using it to connect my 663 and speakers.

Thanks,
Prakash.

the blue jeans cable is showing almost 4.52 pounds per metre
now if that pounds sterling thats almost 78rs/pound which converts to 352rs/metre
im sure they will add shipping costs which may take it to 400/metre

wouldnt
the Qunex original speaker cable at 200rs/metre be cheaper and more VFM for your need
Also its availble with Pro FX in many cities.

I am using their HDMI cables and Diital Co Axial cable- but it was handcarried by my cousin

I believe Belden cables are being distributed in India. How 'bout buying it here in India and terminating them? Might work out cheaper...

Grubyhalo is correct. BJC uses Belden cables which are available in India. You can buy the same part number of Belden cable, get a few banana plugs and you are all set. Terminating speakers cables in relatively simple.

Cheers

Thanks folks for your replies.

Yes 330 rs per meter is costly. Thanx magma.

I also read many forum members are using DAC speaker cable. My budget for speaker cable is 70 to 90 rs per meter. Will DAC 14 AWG fit in this budget?

Venakt, Can you let me know where i can get DAC cables[in my budget].

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi,

Yes DAC will perfectly fit your budget. I recently purchased DAC 14AWG for
RS 85/mtr. Its definitely VFM.

cheers,
sri

prakasse

if you are getting the belden cables from america (and not from the UK site as you have put up)then they are much cheaper at hardly 80rs/metre

see here
Speaker Cables from Blue Jeans Cable

why dont you find out where you get belden here in india
Actaully even i would like to know where i can get hold of them in mumbai\\

Stay tuned
my speakers arrive on monday and my amp will folow

My speaker stands are already being built by me

Later i will post about some VFM cables availble in mumbai too
maybe that may help you

There is another brand - Pure AV - from belkin. I compared the price and quality (visual mostly) with bandridge. I found it much better than bandridge. Though a person at store told me that normal RCA cable would also suffice for digital coax, and I verified that, but still I thought I should spend some money on better finished cable.
Its subwoofer cable for 1k for 15ft length also looks decent to me. These were at Jumbo. But not sure about speaker cables. I think DAC 14 AWG or 12 AWG should be as good as any other brand's 12 AWG - unless you are getting into "cable burning makes a difference" kind of fidelity.

regards

Yes 330 rs per meter is costly. Thanx magma.

I also read many forum members are using DAC speaker cable. My budget for speaker cable is 70 to 90 rs per meter. Will DAC 14 AWG fit in this budget?

Venakt, Can you let me know where i can get DAC cables[in my budget].

The raw Belden cables by themselves must be in the Rs.100 per meter range. Belden has three offices in India

Belden
16th Floor, Tower B
Unitech Cyberpark
Sector 39, Gurgaon
Haryana 122001, India Phone:
+91-124-4509999
[email protected]

#87, Ist Floor, AA Arcade,
R.J.Garden, Outer Ring Road,
Marathahalli,
Bangalore 560037, India
+91-80-40343900
[email protected]

#405, Center Point, J.B.Nagar,
Andehri Kurla Road,
Andehri East,
Mumbai 400059, India
+91-22-40059261
[email protected]

For DAC, please contact the dealer in Bangalore. Please look up Designer Audio - Dealers for details.

Dinyaar is also aware of a shop in Mumbai that stocks and sells Belden cables.

Cheers

Hi prakass,

I purchased it from Pro Musicals, chennai. As venkat said you may get it at Vector ,BANGALORE.Tel: 25543287, 9341717966

cheers,
sri

Hi,

Thanks should go to venkat only, cause he only guided me to DAC and promusicals:)

cheers,
sri

Hi prakass,

I purchased it from Pro Musicals, chennai. As venkat said you may get it at Vector ,BANGALORE.Tel: 25543287, 9341717966

cheers,
sri

Hi. If you are looking in Bangalore, there is another dealer for DAC cables. He is near South End Circle, Jayanagar, Bangalore.

If I am not mistaken, his pricing is better than that of Vector (last time I complared and which was 7-8 months ago). And if I remember, I read somewhere on the forum around 4-5 months back that the prices of DAC cables in Hyderabad were lower than what was being offered in Bangalore. Dealer dependent pricing!!!

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back