Speaker comment

jayantadak

Hey folks,

I do have the following set-up for my home theatre:

SPEAKER BRAND: P & J (A sister concern of Jamo)
Front channel - 2 way bass reflex/ Drivers (woofer/Midrange/Tweeter) 2x6.5"/-/1", Power 120/80, Sensitivity 90 / Freq.range 48-20000 (Hz) / Cross over freq. 400(Hz) / Impdence 6 ohm
(IS THE MID-RANGE ABSENT)

Centre channel - 2 way closed /
Drivers(W/M/T) -/2x3.5/threefourth"
Power - 100/60
Sensitivity - 89
Freq. range - 100-20000(Hz)
Cross over freq. - 4500
Impedence - 6 ohms

Sub-woofer (JAMO Model E 3SUB)
System- Elec.Subwoofer (Active)
Woofer - 8" / 203 mm........Amp.Rated output - 70W
Freq.range - 45 - 150 Hz
Upper cutoff freq - ..Adj.70 - 150 Hz
Maximum SPL - 97 db

I desire more out of the above set-up, it is definately not to the exhibition/show room demo standards. Or does my speakers have some limitations.

Do you think the specs are good for a home theatre whose emphasis is more on movies than music. Pl. let me know about any downers in my set up. There are also two surrounds, they are okay. The Subwoofer is from JAMO. My listening area is arond 175 sq.ft. I am using DENON AVR-1604 75 RMS.

I desire more out of the above set-up, it is definately not to the exhibition/show room demo standards. Or does my speakers have some limitations.

The Subwoofer is from JAMO. My listening area is arond 175 sq.ft. I am using DENON AVR-1604 75 RMS.

Demo rooms have soundproofing and room acoustics that go a long way in making them sound the way they do.

In your system, at the outset I would say your AVR and Sub are underpowered. For the speakers you have, you may need a slightly more powerful AVR. Though the Denon can deliver close to 100 watts at 6 ohms, that is the peak capacity and your speakers are also rated at around 80 to 100 watts. The AVR will struggle to deliver enough power to the speakers to handle sudden rush requirements. This is quite common in movies. An AVR should always have ample power over the rated requirements of the speakers.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back