speaker for yamaha RXV-373

rahul j

Hi to all members,

I finally decide to buy yamaha RXV-373 receiver but of confusion for buying speaker so please suggest speaker,
my requirement is floorstanding,rear and center speaker, and buy subwoofer later. budget is upto 35,000
i belong to small town so depend on online shopping so i should not audition speaker,
please suggest from above combinations

1)yamaha NS-F150 with yamaha NS-P150 (22,000+9,000=31,000)

2)Accusound - OM1050 Tower Speaker with Accusound Center Speaker and Surround Speaker (18,905+6,783+8,630=34,318)

3)Sonodyne Sonus 2504 V3 with yamaha NS-P150 (22,280+9,000=31,280)

4)Jamo S426 HCS3 package (27,700)

5)Boston Acoustics CS 226 with yamaha NS-P150 (23,900+9,000=32,900)

6)Boston Acoustic A250 with yamaha NS-P150 (24,500+9,000=33,500)

7)Wharfedale Vardus 300 Floorstanding with yamaha NS-P150 (25,000+9,000=34,000)

or any other suggestion welcome and i choose yamaha NS-P150 for its low price.

thanks in advance

Speaker choice is depends on preference,
Ratio - Music : Movies

Overall all these are in your budget but the center speaker is common. I would suggest to choose another center channel instead of Yamaha. Sonodyne, Boston Acoustics, Wharfedale are better, In Jamo you are getting surrounds too. If you have good budget or can spend later then go with GOOD fronts and center for now, even you can leave center for now.

You can buy complete Boston Acoustics package. But if music is preferred then go for Wharfedale Diamond FS.

Speaker choice is depends on preference,
Ratio - Music : Movies

Overall all these are in your budget but the center speaker is common. I would suggest to choose another center channel instead of Yamaha. Sonodyne, Boston Acoustics, Wharfedale are better, In Jamo you are getting surrounds too. If you have good budget or can spend later then go with GOOD fronts and center for now, even you can leave center for now.

You can buy complete Boston Acoustics package. But if music is preferred then go for Wharfedale Diamond FS.

thanks but i have a limited budget,
so please suggest above combination.

My suggestion is to first get a good AVR and front speakers and a center speaker. At a later date, add the surrounds and then at the last if you feel the need then add a subwoofer. Going by this way, you will have good equipment.

I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond FS on sale. See the for sale section. You might not need a sub with these speakers.

Among the options that you have listed, 3rd and 7th are my choices.

Last edited:
From my knowledge (mostly gathered from this forum) I guess the brand/ series of centre and fronts should be same.

My suggestion is to first get a good AVR and front speakers and a center speaker. At a later date, add the surrounds and then at the last if you feel the need then add a subwoofer. Going by this way, you will have good equipment.

I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond FS on sale. See the for sale section. You might not need a sub with these speakers.

Among the options that you have listed, 3rd and 7th are my choices.

thanks,
can i use my old videocone speakers as rear and center to connect yamaha rxv-373,
specification of speaker is
1)Rear speaker

impedance = 4 ohm
max i/p power = 25 W

2)Center speaker
impedance = 8 ohm
max i/p power = 15 W * 2

If you can arrange pick up from Mumbai I can offer you a used Kef KHT 2005.2 Speaker Package consisting of a 250W 10 inch sub and 5 satellites. The package will beat any of the packages mentioned above.The package cost 75k new ,will settle for 30k.

thanks,
can i use my old videocone speakers as rear and center to connect yamaha rxv-373,
1)Rear speaker

impedance = 4 ohm
max i/p power = 25 W

2)Center speaker
impedance = 8 ohm
max i/p power = 15 W * 2

Currently I am using my 14 years old sony bs ss-h501 with AVR 373. It is 6ohm and 40w (i guess).

It is giving me good result for the time being. At least they are sounding better than they were previously.

Next purchase would be centre and then replacing these existing fronts and then subwoofer and finally rear. I have to do "step by step" as budget is a BIG issue. Initially I was looking for HTiB, but now end up spending twice or thrice the price. :eek:hyeah:

If you can arrange pick up from Mumbai I can offer you a used Kef KHT 2005.2 Speaker Package consisting of a 250W 10 inch sub and 5 satellites. The package will beat any of the packages mentioned above.The package cost 75k new ,will settle for 30k.

sorry, i can't come to mumbai,
please suggest speaker from online shopping site.

thanks,
1)Rear speaker

impedance = 4 ohm
max i/p power = 25 W

2)Center speaker
impedance = 8 ohm
max i/p power = 15 W * 2

I would suggest using all Wharfedale speakers. At present you can use only the fronts and then later add the surrounds.

Hi to all members,

I finally decide to buy yamaha RXV-373 receiver but of confusion for buying speaker so please suggest speaker,
my requirement is floorstanding,rear and center speaker, and buy subwoofer later. budget is upto 35,000
i belong to small town so depend on online shopping so i should not audition speaker,
please suggest from above combinations

1)yamaha NS-F150 with yamaha NS-P150 (22,000+9,000=31,000)

or any other suggestion welcome and i choose yamaha NS-P150 for its low price.

thanks in advance

Look I have closely heard an all Yamaha setup in an average size apartment living room in Bangalore and I tell you I just fell in love with Yamaha since then. I'm sure you would have made your purchase by now. If not yet then I would suggest if you have the budget...."Go Yamaha".

Here's the setup I'm talking about,

HTR-3063 5.1-Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver

YST-FSW150 New shaped subwoofers with Advanced YST II and Down-Firing Active design

NS-8900 2-Way Bass-Reflex Floor-Standing Speaker System

NS-P8900 Center and Surround Channel Speaker Package

Attachments

• IMG_20140814_023641434_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140814_023641434_HDR.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 32
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back