speaker fuse on amplifier blown

pdhanwada

Today I got excited and played at 2 or 3 db more volume and also played it for few hours.

Result the fuse near the speaker output on the amp is blown.

Amp is doing fine. As my amp is 7 channel one, I removed the fuse from teh other channel and placed it in the blown fuse channel. The amp ran fine.

Both the speakers doing good no issues.

I pulled the following information from the manual

Line -15 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Rails - 6 Amp/250 Volt T-Lag
Speaker - 6 Amp/250 Volt T-Lag
In-rush - 2 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Control - 0.5 Amp/250 Volt Fast Blow

I dont understand much of the specifications. can we get these fuses here in local market or do we need to get them from teh manufacturer.

Thanks
pandu

In the speaker specification it says T-lag I guess it means Time lag. What does it mean in a practical situation.

Thanks
Pandu

nominal impedence of my speakers is 8 ohms. I am sure they run much below that. The lowest is 5 ohms.

Thanks
pandu

Today I got excited and played at 2 or 3 db more volume and also played it for few hours.

Result the fuse near the speaker output on the amp is blown.

Amp is doing fine. As my amp is 7 channel one, I removed the fuse from teh other channel and placed it in the blown fuse channel. The amp ran fine.

Both the speakers doing good no issues.

I pulled the following information from the manual

Line -15 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Rails - 6 Amp/250 Volt T-Lag
Speaker - 6 Amp/250 Volt T-Lag
In-rush - 2 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Control - 0.5 Amp/250 Volt Fast Blow

I dont understand much of the specifications. can we get these fuses here in local market or do we need to get them from teh manufacturer.

Thanks
pandu

T-Lag means time lag. These time lag fuses are made of bi-metal wire which gets heated up during its use at its full rated current (example tungston bulb)
it takes quite some time to melt down and blow. The design is Time to Current curve accordingly the gauge of the fuse wire and bi metal is designed.

If you use a fast blow fuse in its place you will be frequently disturbed by fuse blowing. In case of slow blowing also same thing will happen as the slow blowing is relatively slower than fast blowing and relatively faster than Time Lag fuse.

I am of great thinking whether will we be able to get these kind of accurate fuses in India especially in small quantity.

R. Balagopalan.

Balagopalan,

Thanks for your reply

Also would like to understand the significance of 6 amp fuse blow. can we make anything out of it. Will try to get it from overseas if possible from the manufacturer.

Thanks
Pandu

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back