Speaker hiss sound

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

My fronts in my HT room make a very slight hissing kind of sound. Doesn’t change with volume. In inaudible from seating position, only when I put my ears up to the speakers I can hear a slight hiss. Is that normal?

Hi

Is this the case with all sources? Used to hear such hiss sounds when using Tape Decks.....

Was it coming before or you just noticed it offlate?

I guess that happens when your receiver is in BD/DVD mode. Try using better hdmi cable. Also sometimes bluray player send those noise to AVR.

I guess that happens when your receiver is in BD/DVD mode. Try using better hdmi cable. Also sometimes bluray player send those noise to AVR.
Changed the hdmi cables. Still there. Using new amazon basics cable now.
The noise comes without starting any of the sources which are Tatasky, shield and PS4.

The moment I start the Marantz AVR, the noise comes through the speakers. And it’s only the fronts. Not any other speaker.

lts 120hz ground loop hiss l guess.Need to check his AC power ground issue.

Last edited:
Changed the hdmi cables. Still there. Using new amazon basics cable now.
The noise comes without starting any of the sources which are Tatasky, shield and PS4.

The moment I start the Marantz AVR, the noise comes through the speakers. And it’s only the fronts. Not any other speaker.

Disconnect all sources and check.....then add one source at a time and check.....you will get the culprit

What's your Input Level at in your Inputs menu on receiver? Try reducing that and see.

MaSh
Did that earlier was 7 now it's 3. Still persists.

Disconnect all sources and check.....then add one source at a time and check.....you will get the culprit
Ed, all the sources are off.

The moment I turn on the reciever, the noise starts. It's very faint, can't hear from listening position. But can only hear if I put my ear up close to the speakers.

Ed, all the sources are off.

The moment I turn on the reciever, the noise starts. It's very faint, can't hear from listening position. But can only hear if I put my ear up close to the speakers.

What I meant was disconnect all sources....(HDMI etc) and then turn the AVR on and check....obviously you need to raise the volume to check...(possible ground loop via HDMI.,....faced this in my earlier SR5008 and there was an issue with the AVR....got that fixed then..)

If there is no hiss sound at all then connect one source at a time.....and check.....same way.....

My fronts in my HT room make a very slight hissing kind of sound. Doesn’t change with volume. In inaudible from seating position, only when I put my ears up to the speakers I can hear a slight hiss. Is that normal?

A slight hiss sound when you keep your ears right upto the speakers is fine. As long as you can't hear it at the listening position.

My Nad does the same with the B&W speakers & did a lot of r&d on this, seems to be normal as long as its not very audible. Ground loops are very audible.

Dont crack your head over this & stop putting your ears near the speaker drivers ;-)

Cheers.

a bose QC35 can silence the hiss.. ;)
Haha yeah true. Will silence the movie also :p

A slight hiss sound when you keep your ears right upto the speakers is fine. As long as you can't hear it at the listening position.

My Nad does the same with the B&W speakers & did a lot of r&d on this, seems to be normal as long as its not very audible. Ground loops are very audible.

Dont crack your head over this & stop putting your ears near the speaker drivers ;-)

Cheers.
Ok fine haha :D

There is a humming/buzzing sound also coming from somewhere,definately not the speakers. Comes and goes. Definately very annoying. Just loud enough to be irritating.

Or maybe I’m imagining it :rolleyes:

Dont exactly remember where i read it but speakers above 89db sensitivity have a slight hiss from their tweeters. Sometimes the preamp is also the culprit. Switch off the preamp and then see if the hiss is still there.

Dont exactly remember where i read it but speakers above 89db sensitivity have a slight hiss from their tweeters. Sometimes the preamp is also the culprit. Switch off the preamp and then see if the hiss is still there.
Can’t do that, it’s an AVR Marantz sr6012

May be totally unrelated but some of the denons had the issue of hiss due to audyssey dynamic eq engaged.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back