Speaker recommendation for stereo listening

niftianmadhur

Hi, I am looking for a good speaker for stereo listening for my 12X15 room. I had Dynaudio focus 220 floorstander which I sold and also currently have Harbeth p3esr which is also going and I need a really good replacement in the price range of 7-8 lacs. Looking for suggestion for the speakers. I will prefer the high end brands which are available in India and can be auditioned. I am based in Bangalore but can travel to Mumbai or Delhi for audition. Thanks in advance

Hi, I am looking for a good speaker for stereo listening for my 12X15 room. I had Dynaudio focus 220 floorstander which I sold and also currently have Harbeth p3esr which is also going and I need a really good replacement in the price range of 7-8 lacs. Looking for suggestion for the speakers. I will prefer the high end brands which are available in India and can be auditioned. I am based in Bangalore but can travel to Mumbai or Delhi for audition. Thanks in advance

What did you feel that you were missing in the Dynaudio and Harbeth or is it just a change for a different sound signature ?

What did you feel that you were missing in the Dynaudio and Harbeth or is it just a change for a different sound signature ?
Dynaudio sound I like but that speaker was big for my room as bass was overpowering. Also, since now I have a much better amp so looking for a speaker to match their caliber. I like harbeths also but agin looking for an upgrade in terms of bigger sound

Dynaudio sound I like but that speaker was big for my room as bass was overpowering. Also, since now I have a much better amp so looking for a speaker to match their caliber. I like harbeths also but agin looking for an upgrade in terms of bigger sound
Bigger sound means you are looking for a more dynamic speaker..
Is it so ?

It will be easier to suggest if you can share your audio chain.

Hmm...your room is a similar size to mine. I can relate to the over powering bass very well :)

Ideally you should travel and audition, which can be a lot of fun. In hyderabad there is Allegra audio which have quite a few speakers in the range you are considering.

Alternatively, import a Troels Gravesen SBA-10 level 1 cross over kit. And buy the SB acoustics drivers from www.audiofy.in ( beryllium tweeter and Satori mid are available, but the 29 series 10 inch bass driver is out of stock. So better to buy from Troels ) and get them built by our own @sadik bhai. They will blow the socks off most 10L speakers available commercially. Below is a pic of one from the net :)

sGfZoTph.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm...your room is a similar size to mine. I can relate to the over powering bass very well :)

Ideally you should travel and audition, which can be a lot of fun. In hyderabad there is Allegra audio which have quite a few speakers in the range you are considering.

Alternatively, import a Troels Gravesen SBA-10 level 1 cross over kit. And buy the SB acoustics drivers from www.audiofy.in ( beryllium tweeter and Satori mid are available, but the 29 series 10 inch bass driver is out of stock. So better to buy from Troels ) and get them built by our own @sadik bhai. They will blow the socks off most 10L speakers available commercially. Below is a pic of one from the net :)

View attachment 79404
Thanks for the suggestion but somehow I am not very comfortable taking the DIY route. I will prefer to rather audition and buy a good brand. I am sure those sound good.

View attachment 79404
Navkesh from Allegra audio can provide me a YG acoustic talus or tor but audition for those models are not possible, he has only higher end YG for audition. Don’t want to blind buy

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back