speaker suggestions

jfk21

hello, i am new to this forum.
i posted a question a few days ago in another section but didnt get the required answer.
but after having read a few posts here i had another question now instead of my original one.
hoping i could get help from you kind folks here.

so i have a Yamaha HTR 2064 receiver which came with a 5.1 speaker package from yamaha with their basic speakers and a passive woofer.

now i was wondering if i could continue using this receiver but if i were to upgrade to a decent set of speakers with an active woofer.
my budget for that is around 25k.

Telome audio is offering 5 speakers with an active woofer for around that price - the Telome HT 825x 5.1 series.

while i couldnt find reviews for it online i was assured by the sales agent that it will be a much better sound than my base yamaha speakers with my existing passive woofer (i thought that would be obvious)

would you recommend anything better or even a 2.1 system with an active woofer.
i want to respect what i have budgeted.
this is for a sparingly used room which i occasionally use for tv or gaming or sometime music when i go work out in that room.

thanks for your inputs.

Telome is good....you can go for that....suggest you audition other brands too before making the final decision

thanks for your reply on here too ..
gotto fix my amp now before auditioning Telome.

hunting for a reliable technician to fix my amp at a reasonable cost.

my budget for that is around 25k.

Telome audio is offering 5 speakers with an active woofer for around that price - the Telome HT 825x 5.1 series.

The Telome satellite can be an improvement from your Yamaha satellites, but not the subwoofer..Which is a 6.5inch driver, with no mention of power.. I think, this could be the weakest link in Telome 5.1 speakers..

Instead, retain your Yamaha satellites & upgrade to a better sub-woofer in your budget which can be a substantial upgrade in terms of bass reproduction..

At a later stage, when you have funds, sell your Yamaha 5.1 package & look to upgrade your speakers..

thanks for your reply on here too ..
gotto fix my amp now before auditioning Telome.

hunting for a reliable technician to fix my amp at a reasonable cost.

Whats wrong with your amp? Which part of Mumbai are you based?

Whats wrong with your amp? Which part of Mumbai are you based?

my amp this morning did come on but it needs me to crank up the volume really high to play a very low decibel sound.
i dont know how thats happened suddenly.

i am in south mumbai near breach candy.

do you recommend a technician?

thanks

There is a guy .....Jatin....

His shop is near Marine Lines East...near the church....Naval Electronics....

Do check speaker levels and what not before you take it to the repair shop. Sometimes resetting the AVR works out much simpler. Good luck.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back