Speaker suggestions.

OP - I will yet again mention SB Acoustics containing Kits - they are some of the best price/performance that you can get from any Kits anywhere.
Yet again? This is your first post on this thread :)

I was interested in ARA Be, before I posted this thread. I had also called Audiofy and they said they have no plans to procure the same. The Bromo 2 has also been out of stock for a while. SB Acoustics has been on my radar, unfortunately, after Audiofys response, I had to shelve it.

Look at the number of female members on this forum, or forums in general, and hazard a guess 😅

Here's an unpopular opinion if you care for one - check out Paradigm, Definitive Technology and PSB, especially the Definitive Technology D11. The abovesaid brands are known to give a well rounded performance across the board rather than catering to any particular niche. And my experience with the PSB Alpha P5 has thoroughly reaffirmed this belief.

If aesthetics is high on your list, check out the Mission SX2 specifically and the ZX series in general. With my experience with the brand, i would wager they're half decent at the very least.
I agree with these choices and I still say give quad and whardale a listen. Kef would be good too. I didnt understand @aeroash when he says Ribbon tweeter is not for me. View it as just a tweeter. If it sounds good then where is the issue ?

Def tech had some awesome bookshelves earlier on and I believe they still do. If you want to stretch you budget a bit dynaudio bookshelves may also fit Especially the studio monitors.

Btw for music, pls ensure your bookshelves play as much of the lower freq range as possible and let the sub just gently re-enforce the frequencies beyond the bookshelves capabilities and try not to cross over around 120 hz as is done ubiquitously.

I agree with these choices and I still say give quad and whardale a listen.
I have.

I didnt understand @aeroash when he says Ribbon tweeter is not for me. View it as just a tweeter.
From first-hand experience.

If it sounds good then where is the issue ?
Not suitable for me. That's the issue :)

Btw for music, pls ensure your bookshelves play as much of the lower freq range as possible and let the sub just gently re-enforce the frequencies beyond the bookshelves capabilities and try not to cross over around 120 hz as is done ubiquitously.
Most BS comfortably do 65hz +-6DB. Crossover at 80hz is sensible in most situations.

I have.

From first-hand experience.

Not suitable for me. That's the issue :)

Most BS comfortably do 65hz +-6DB. Crossover at 80hz is sensible in most situations.
What are u using currently ?

I can only imagine!

Please excuse my poor jokes, I'm still stuck in my immature high school humour.

I would love to drop in on my next trip, thanks so much for the invite.

Haha, we will get along great. :)

On a different note: I have the PSB Alphas and think they are very good speakers for the price. However, at a 1.5L budget, I think you can do a lot better, especially when it comes to timbre and tonal balance: assuming you listen to jazz/vocals/classical. Add Wharfedale Lintons to your list - you wont be able to cram in a sub but you can add that later, perhaps.

Last edited:
Sir,

Have you looked this place up ? I have no idea on their reliability, but it looks like they stock the speakers that you are looking for.

https://avshack.in/products/amphion-helium-410-bookshelf-speaker-pair
Sir, you were sorely missed.

I called Pratham of AV Shack to enquire about the Amphions, and he said he'll get back to me in10 minutes. I followed up with him two more times on different days because he failed to get back to me as promised. It's been a week, and he's still not called me. Both email and WhatsApp messages have gone unanswered. Don't find the confidence to pursue this establishment any further.

Sir, you were sorely missed.

I called Pratham of AV Shack to enquire about the Amphions, and he said he'll get back to me in10 minutes. I followed up with him two more times on different days because he failed to get back to me as promised. It's been a week, and he's still not called me. Both email and WhatsApp messages have gone unanswered. Don't find the confidence to pursue this establishment any further.
I stand corrected! 😬

I stand corrected! 😬
Not necessarily. Some have had an excellent experience and some poorly so with the same establishments, it's just unfortunate. I think I should get my palm reading done to understand why these buggers don't follow up.

Last edited:
Yet again? This is your first post on this thread :)

I was interested in ARA Be, before I posted this thread. I had also called Audiofy and they said they have no plans to procure the same. The Bromo 2 has also been out of stock for a while. SB Acoustics has been on my radar, unfortunately, after Audiofys response, I had to shelve it.
I have the Singapore dealers contact details if you want... I got in touch with him as well since audiofy was indisposed.
Bromo kit was coming to be around 35 k without the crossover from the quote he gave me.

I have the Singapore dealers contact details if you want... I got in touch with him as well since audiofy was indisposed.
Bromo kit was coming to be around 35 k without the crossover from the quote he gave me.
Thanks @rwnano . I'll get those details from you via PM.

@DB1989 @ssf AVShack got back to me this afternoon, exactly after a week, and said he has the Helium in stock. His reason for not responding was that he was checking the stock 😕 , I'm baffled!

@DB1989 @ssf AVShack got back to me this afternoon, exactly after a week, and said he has the Helium in stock. His reason for not responding was that he was checking the stock 😕 , I'm baffled!
Catalogue sales
Don't have actual product in stock.
Order is placed with distributor/ importer once end user orders and probably would be sent directly from distributor warehouse to your address

He was checking the stock with the distributor who wasn't responding and that's why AVS didn't respond to you. Incidentally, the distributor is:

Attachments

• 1662106215124.png
    1662106215124.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 32
Compact bookshelf
With excellent midrange and most importantly
Great low freq extension
Add to this the fact that it works even close to the walls

Buchardt s400 mk2 edition

Probably over your budget by a bit though

These would need to be pre ordered , advance paid and then patiently be waited for though
(All this without an audition too)
Though i do submit these are safe blind buy speakers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back