Speaker suggetion for Naim Nait 5si

ganesankmc

Hello everyone,

I have just acquired new Naim Nait 5Si.
I would appreciate your inputs for a good pair of speakers to go with it.
Being in Coimbatore and a busy Job, it is difficult to go for audition.
Your inputs will narrow down my search.

Room size 21 x16 (living).. not a dedicated room
Budget around 1.5 Lakhs
Main listening : Vocals, classical, Jazz, Tamil songs ..ARR ,Ilayaraja etc.
Source Naim CD3

Thanks

Audition will be the best way.

Coimbatore does have a few audio dealers right ?

Opinions differ very much.

There are many brands out there.. And to suggest one that will suit you will be hard.

Decide if you want floorstanders or standmounts firstly and then go from there.

The Naim Nait 5si is a wonderful amplifier and is an excellent place to start.

Hope you will use the Naim interconnects DIN to DIN and Naim Naca5 speaker cables min 3.5 meters length.

These do make a difference.

Regards

Naim is a fast amp that puts a lot of heart and soul in its music output. It will go well with many speakers as it has lots of energy. Your speaker choice will be dependent on the kind of sound you like, e.g if you like smooth, laid back, little colored sound, you could go with something like sonus faber. If you like dynamic, lively and transparent sound, try dynaudio, dali. Your room is fairly big, so floorstander will be be better I think. Get Naim naca5 speaker cable, that's a must also.

Naim and rega have similar strong points and though I haven’t tried rega speakers with Naim amp I feel it might be a good match.
If the distributor is convinced that you are genuine he might be open to send them across for home audition. Seldom do you see that happening in India!

Naim and rega have similar strong points and though I haven’t tried rega speakers with Naim amp I feel it might be a good match.
If the distributor is convinced that you are genuine he might be open to send them across for home audition. Seldom do you see that happening in India!
Hi Thanks for your input. Can you share the dealer details for Regs?

Naim is a fast amp that puts a lot of heart and soul in its music output. It will go well with many speakers as it has lots of energy. Your speaker choice will be dependent on the kind of sound you like, e.g if you like smooth, laid back, little colored sound, you could go with something like sonus faber. If you like dynamic, lively and transparent sound, try dynaudio, dali. Your room is fairly big, so floorstander will be be better I think. Get Naim naca5 speaker cable, that's a must also.
Hi Thanks for your timely input.
Any idea where to get NACA5 cable in India?

Audition will be the best way.

Coimbatore does have a few audio dealers right ?

Opinions differ very much.

There are many brands out there.. And to suggest one that will suit you will be hard.

Decide if you want floorstanders or standmounts firstly and then go from there.

The Naim Nait 5si is a wonderful amplifier and is an excellent place to start.

Hope you will use the Naim interconnects DIN to DIN and Naim Naca5 speaker cables min 3.5 meters length.

These do make a difference.

Regards
Thanks a lot. Have naim interconnects.
But looking for Naca5 cables.

Another speaker that goes really well with naim naim 5si is the qacoustics concept 40. But as our ears are very different :) , please make sure you listen to these combinations before purchase.

Thanks ...Are you happy with your speaker,?
How much do you think that will cost now?
my system is pretty neutral sounding. You may want to add a.warm sounding source. Altjough I had bought mine used, a new kef ls50 used to cost about 1 lakh before the recent drop in the rupee. I got my NACA5 cable new from australia and it was about 25000. I would suggest looking for.a used cable.

The focal floorstander for sale by FM madman would be interesting

Audition please

Ymmv

Thank you

Back