Speaker wire recommendation needed

Let us know...last thing to do is spend money on cables at this juncture. as your speakers and amp get better they get more and more accurate , which means whats there is the music will come out better.

Hence if the CD recording or MP3 is of a lower quality that will come out and that can be harsh. these usually get hidden in less resolving systems. It is very possible you are experiencing the same

try playing a good recording of music from spotify ( change the quality of music to very high) and then try plying a newer recording of Arijit or Shrey etc...and see if it is still harsh.
Adjusted the treble in tone control from 0db to -2db( it has -6db to 6db in both bass and treble). It's better now. Is this what you were suggesting or something else ?

... Highs are keech....keech...sounding like 60 percent of the times....when playing from Spotify... I tried playing flac files by directly connecting the USB to avr and by connecting it to tv through earc... it's little better then... overall I feel the speakers are harsh...
Twist the interconnects and see if you hear a ‘scratchy’ sound. Sometimes the interconnects/ speaker wires get oxidised. It helps to clean these and reseat them.

Adjusted the treble in tone control from 0db to -2db( it has -6db to 6db in both bass and treble). It's better now. Is this what you were suggesting or something else ?
exactly. you can try reduce it more as well. increasing the bass by 1-2db can also help in the same

Can you record a track with the offensive sound and with the treble dialed down to a position that you feel is better? I'm really curious to hear how dialing down the treble knob seems to be the cure.

Gone through the entire thread but couldn't figure out whats actually is best?

I have an issue with my QA 3050 speakers with Denon X2700H. Speaker cable is Profx 14 AWG OFC. highs are really really bad. Don't know wheather I have achieved full burn in or Not. Started using them only from 2 weeks. If it's problem with the speaker cables or issue with the tweeters? Please help!
1. What cables were you using prior to the Profx?
2. Were the high's really bad with the old cables too?
3. Any auto EQ or tone controls you set with the old cables?
4. Try using apple music or tidal for playback of similar artists and check if anything changes.
5. What frequency does the treble adjustment work in the denon?

From what you are experiencing a cable change is unlikely to bring about such a result. If possible take a step back to the starting point by resetting the avr and then plugging one by one both the cables and see what changes come about.

1. What cables were you using prior to the Profx?
2. Were the high's really bad with the old cables too?
3. Any auto EQ or tone controls you set with the old cables?
4. Try using apple music or tidal for playback of similar artists and check if anything changes.
5. What frequency does the treble adjustment work in the denon?

From what you are experiencing a cable change is unlikely to bring about such a result. If possible take a step back to the starting point by resetting the avr and then plugging one by one both the cables and see what changes come about.
(questions 1 and 2) started using this system only from last two weeks. This is new system. I haven't used any other cables. ( Q. 3) Settings were default as it comes. Q.4) I'll try using them. (Q.5) I don't know about the frequencies but there is an option called tonal adjustment in which we can change bass and treble from -6db to +6db. Default valus are 0db.

Twist the interconnects and see if you hear a ‘scratchy’ sound. Sometimes the interconnects/ speaker wires get oxidised. It helps to clean these and reseat them.
That may not be the problem here since I connected them only 12 days before.

Last edited:
Going by the fact that its a new system, start off by making sure the auto EQ, tone controls, and any other such enhancement option is switched OFF in the AVR, then shift the focus to speaker placement, try getting it as further away from the wall behind as possible(to where they donot become an obstruction), starting off-axis see if the high's are to your liking or not, run it for a few weeks and then start to toe-in and see if thats how you like it. It'll take sometime for sure but it might help you with not spending additional money without knowing the root cause of the bad high's. Also make sure any preset or EQ in your spotify is turned OFF.

Gone through the entire thread but couldn't figure out whats actually is best?

I have an issue with my QA 3050 speakers with Denon X2700H. Speaker cable is Profx 14 AWG OFC. highs are really really bad. Don't know wheather I have achieved full burn in or Not. Started using them only from 2 weeks. If it's problem with the speaker cables or issue with the tweeters? Please help!
Hi @Raju13 ..
I too have the same bright sound issue in a different manner which is voice hissing-Sibilants. For your attention,
I was using Belden 8477 earlier,
I purchased Audionote AN D copper bi wire cables recently..
I don't have any complaints with belden, I have bought new cables for the process of eliminating the Sibilants..

Guess the result...
Negative..!
Though the sound changes minor level :eek: the problem is present.

So, as our fm's advice changing speaker cables alone don't give a perfect solution-at least for me. I like your keech keech comment;):D

@arj ,@prem,@keith_correa and other stereo lovers,

Vanakkam..
I don't know this is a right thread for me, if it's not I will post a separate one sir..!
I have a 0 level Audionote system feeding with Apple Music and Flac files in external HDD as source. Sound quality is in a enjoyable way but I'm struggling to eradicate the sibilants in most songs..
Please our experienced fm's suggestions will be helpful..!

Last edited:
Hi @Raju13 ..
I too have the same bright sound issue in a different manner which is voice hissing-Sibilants. For your attention,
I was using Belden 8477 earlier,
I purchased Audionote AN D copper bi wire cables recently..
I don't have any complaints with belden, I have bought new cables for the process of eliminating the Sibilants..

Guess the result...
Negative..!
Though the sound changes minor level :eek: the problem is present.

So, as our fm's advice changing speaker cables alone don't give a perfect solution-at least for me. I like your keech keech comment;):D

@arj ,@prem,@keith_correa and other stereo lovers,

Vanakkam..
I don't know this is a right thread for me, if it's not I will post a separate one sir..!
I have a 0 level Audionote system feeding with Apple Music and Flac files in external HDD as source. Sound quality is in a enjoyable way but I'm struggling to eradicate the sibilants in most songs..
Hi bro, all these days I was using TV earc and spotify as my source. Though I was using flac files and 5.1 songs loaded in pendrive connected to tv and through earc. I couldn't get the content. Might be issue with the HDMI. So, yesterday I connected with my laptop and see the results ... wowww it was so brilliant... I was awestruck really listening to the same songs which I played through TV earc. What I understood is the source is all that matters. All these days I felt that I unnecessary spent too much money on the system like that but yesterday I was very happy to own to this... so just keep experimenting 😀 I thank each and everyone in this group for their valuable inputs. Thank you all 🙏🙇‍♂️🙂

Vanakkam..

@pks.k , from all i know about audionote, harshness is usually the last issue with them. Could you help with
1. What is the music you listen to
2. what is the streamer you are using ?

The most common reason for harshness and sibilance other than speaker ( usually metal tweeters) is with the music itself ie either in the recording/mixing OR the ripping. Some CD players also have a Knack if making it more noticeable.

Presence of glass and highly reflective surfaces also increases the brighness but that may only enhance the above not create it.

Hi bro, all these days I was using TV earc and spotify as my source. Though I was using flac files and 5.1 songs loaded in pendrive connected to tv and through earc. I couldn't get the content. Might be issue with the HDMI. So, yesterday I connected with my laptop and see the results ... wowww it was so brilliant... I was awestruck really listening to the same songs which I played through TV earc. What I understood is the source is all that matters. All these days I felt that I unnecessary spent too much money on the system like that but yesterday I was very happy to own to this... so just keep experimenting 😀 I thank each and everyone in this group for their valuable inputs. Thank you all 🙏🙇‍♂️🙂
Hi bro!,
I'm glad to know that you have satisfied with your system now .
Congratulations..
Try to use the setup for long time..

@pks.k , from all i know about audionote, harshness is usually the last issue with them. Could you help with
1. What is the music you listen to
2. what is the streamer you are using ?

The most common reason for harshness and sibilance other than speaker ( usually metal tweeters) is with the music itself ie either in the recording/mixing OR the ripping. Some CD players also have a Knack if making it more noticeable.

Presence of glass and highly reflective surfaces also increases the brighness but that may only enhance the above not create it.
Hi sir,
Thanks for your response..
1) Music preference is (regional) Tamil (movies) songs.
2) Don't have a audiophile streamer or CDP,
Play Flac files in HDD through a sony s1500 Blu-ray player..
and
Music in iphone >Apple camera kit adapter > DAC (Callia)>OTO =speakers.

I have compared it with my brother's nad c320 +wharefedel system,
Feels AN is more smootherthan Nad.

As an audiophile's advice i place my ear near to tweeter and even now hear the sibilance which I feels in MLP..

Hi sir,
Thanks for your response..
1) Music preference is (regional) Tamil (movies) songs.
2) Don't have a audiophile streamer or CDP,
Play Flac files in HDD through a sony s1500 Blu-ray player..
and
Music in iphone >Apple camera kit adapter > DAC (Callia)>OTO =speakers.

I have compared it with my brother's nad c320 +wharefedel system,
Feels AN is more smootherthan Nad.

As an audiophile's advice i place my ear near to tweeter and even now hear the sibilance which I feels in MLP..
Greetings!
Is it possible to get the sound without sibilance when adding a better audio streamer sir?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back