Speaker wire recommendation needed

Looking for a electric shop in the Khar-Goregaon belt the sells Polycab or Finolex speaker wire by the meter.

Requirement:
1sqmm - 11 meters
1.5sqmm - 25 meters
2.5sqmm - 13 meters

PS: Had made another trip in Sakinaka area this evening. No luck. Looks like finding some simple pure copper wire of the correct gauge for the required length seems to a really hard task.
You can try your luck at Mahavir electricals bang opposite Modern Stores at pali naka bandra west.

Ohhh, that's great. I can cycle it to these areas. If you could tell me which particular part of Santa Cruz and Khar that would be of great help.And this would be by meter right?

Currently in the process of my first DIY build and building 5.1 HT speakers. It's been taking quite a lot of time researching and procuring the components. It's very satisfyingly but gets overwhelming at times when you get stuck trying to figure out something. So if someone has already figure out stuff that I need then I could really use that help. Hence trying to get as much detailed information as possible.

Its also available at Khar Station road area and Santacruz station area East.
A few electric shops in Bandra too have it.

If you need a short length i e 2-3 mtr then go for mogami 3103. For longer length DAC is a good choice.

why is that ?
Using this combo personally . Mogami for front speakers and dac for center and rear surrounds. Mogami specially for stereo music . If your priority is ht only then no need for mogami. You can wire up your system with dac. It will do a good job.

Using this combo personally . Mogami for front speakers and dac for center and rear surrounds. Mogami specially for stereo music . If your priority is ht only then no need for mogami. You can wire up your system with dac. It will do a good job.
Which gauge of DAC wire are you using? What's the difference you are seeing between DAC and Mogami 3103? What's your 2 channel setup chain?

Which gauge of DAC wire are you using? What's the difference you are seeing between DAC and Mogami 3103? What's your 2 channel setup chain?
Dac wire is 16g . Better stereo imaging with mogami 3103 speaker cable and barracuda power cable. Source is marantz sr7008 and currently running wharfedale diamond 10.7 fronts and kef q400b sub.

Good Quality Single core Electrical wires from companies like Finolex, Anchor etc are better and cheaper than Amazon basics.

Good Quality Single core Electrical wires from companies like Finolex, Anchor etc are better and cheaper than Amazon basics.
Do you know the price/meter for single core electric wires of any of these companies. I need 1sqmm, 1.5sqmm and 2.5sqmm. Just in case I go down the twisted pair DIY route.

Do you know the price/meter for single core electric wires of any of these companies. I need 1sqmm, 1.5sqmm and 2.5sqmm. Just in case I go down the twisted pair DIY route.

Expect to pay more but this will give you the general idea.

You can walk in to any local electrical shop and buy those off the shelf.

After several hikes of prices of copper wires in the last 4-5 months, The current

Price for 4 Sq mm cable is around Rs38, 2.5 mm around Rs25 and 1 mm around Rs14. The prices are per core and not accurate.

I bought a bundle(100m) 2 core speaker wire 1mm, For Rs 2900 from the local market last Month for my office purpose

I am personally using 4.0 Sq mm Anchor cables for my passive Subwoofer

I've been using Finolex speaker wires. Don't remember size. But I myself using them under false ceiling for speakers set-up for last 3 years. Finolex is Solid , proper copper not undersize wires of anykind.

I've been using Finolex speaker wires. Don't remember size. But I myself using them under false ceiling for speakers set-up for last 3 years. Finolex is Solid , proper copper not undersize wires of anykind.
Where did you purchase the Finolex speaker wires?

My local electrical shop owner sells finolex and other electrical wires in loose quantities.. But when I used electrical wires as speaker wire, I got so much muddied sound compared to cheap speaker 16 guage wire.. Then I decided to get my hands on Tinned copper wire and ordered Belden 8477... 8477 sound smooth but still I feels its also not upto mark in detail retrieval.. Still search for a cheap but good solution is awaited in my mind.. Next on my list is Mogami 3103 and Chord Clearway.

It's available at local market. Finolex authorised dealer. These are not normal electricity 2 core wire, but especially made for speakers only. If you want I'll let you know the price along with thickness tomorrow.
It's this , in the image got from internet.
81qOOluES1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's available at local market. Finolex authorised dealer. These are not normal electricity 2 core wire, but especially made for speakers only. If you want I'll let you know the price along with thickness tomorrow.
It's this , in the image got from internet.
View attachment 61900
That's perfect. I'm looking to buy Polycab or Finolex speaker wires by the meter. Searched in three marker areas in Andheri East but no luck. If you can remember the name of the shop or any details that would help me find the place that would be great.

Hi Kevano, today went to market and asked dealer about price of cable (2 core, speaker cable)

Finolex
1sqm - Loose: ₹27 per meter, ₹2532 coil
1.5sqm - Loose: ₹40 per meter, ₹3713 coil

Coil=100m bundle, coil price including 18% gst.
No undersize.

Hi Kevano, today went to market and asked dealer about price of cable (2 core, speaker cable)

Finolex
1sqm - Loose: ₹27 per meter, ₹2532 coil
1.5sqm - Loose: ₹40 per meter, ₹3713 coil

Coil=100m bundle, coil price including 18% gst.
No undersize.
Thanks for the details Dev-d. This is really helpful.

Can you please share the address of the dealer.

@dev-d Just realized you're Punjab based. Please ignore my request for the dealer address. I'm looking for seller close to my area.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back